Home Non Cigar Related

Whisky + Christmas = Awesome

Ken LightKen Light Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,524
I just found the whisky advent calendar.

Link here

Expensive, but really cool.

Comments

• jthanatosjthanatos Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,563
    Must.... not.... buy...
  • jgibvjgibv Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,996
    jthanatos:
    Must.... not.... buy...now
    ^^^Fixed that for ya, brother! ^^^

Very cool Ken - now to convince wife I need this. Hmmm, Thanksgiving present for myself, maybe....
  • Ken LightKen Light Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,524
    jgibv:
    jthanatos:
    Must.... not.... buy...now
    ^^^Fixed that for ya, brother! ^^^

Very cool Ken - now to convince wife I need this. Hmmm, Thanksgiving present for myself, maybe....
    Let the scheming begin! LoL
  • robbyrasrobbyras Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,487
    wow... that is pretty freakin awesome...
    Boom goes the dynamite, order placed with a tasting glass added in for good measure, at the wife's behest no less! Buying flowers = good karma. ;D
  • Andrew DzikoskiAndrew Dzikoski BlogAdministrator, Everyone, ForumsAdministrator, Moderator, Owners, Registered Users, Trusted Users Posts: 338
    It's only about 24 oz's or about $10 a shot. Way to pricey.
    Andrew Dzikoski:
    Come on guy, where's your Christmas spirit? At least part of the cost is the novelty and the variety available. Get a great tasting tour without having to hunt and maybe buy 24 bottles. I am actually very excited to hear what he gets and his thoughts.

Also, we are a forum of people who buy bundles of rolled up leaves for the sole purpose of lighting them on fire. :P
  • Unthought_KnownUnthought_Known Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 454
    Andrew Dzikoski:
    That's my thought as well. It's a fantastic idea, but it winds up being the equivalent of about 1 bottle. I'd rather get a few bottles of various ages for the same price.
    Unthought_Known:
    Andrew Dzikoski:
    That's my thought as well. It's a fantastic idea, but it winds up being the equivalent of about 1 bottle. I'd rather get a few bottles of various ages for the same price.
    Yup, and I'd rather get a variety, so we can each get what we want. :)

With cigars, I'm passed this sampler stage, but with whisky I'm pretty n00b still so this is a nice way to spend my december. :P
    Ken Light:
    Unthought_Known:
    Andrew Dzikoski:

With cigars, I'm passed this sampler stage, but with whisky I'm pretty n00b still so this is a nice way to spend my december. :P
    Just wanted to update this: I'm 6 days in and having an amazing time with it, keeping some terrible half-witted notes. My friend who also ordered it is having an equally great time but probably taking much better notes. On or around Christmas, we'll be posting a blog detailing our journey, I'll link it here in case anyone's interested.

Who knew Japan made good whisky? I didn't. Do now. That find was worth the price of admission right there.
    Ken Light:
    Ken Light:
    Unthought_Known:
    Andrew Dzikoski:

Just wanted to update this: I'm 6 days in and having an amazing time with it, keeping some terrible half-witted notes. My friend who also ordered it is having an equally great time but probably taking much better notes. On or around Christmas, we'll be posting a blog detailing our journey, I'll link it here in case anyone's interested.

Who knew Japan made good whisky? I didn't. Do now. That find was worth the price of admission right there.
    Which Japanese was it?
    jthanatos:
    Ken Light:
    Ken Light:
    Unthought_Known:
    Andrew Dzikoski:

Which Japanese was it?
    Two so far, Yamazaki 18 and Nikka Taketsuru 21. Nikka was better, but both were great