Home Cigar 101

Oliva Series G's (4 x 38)

biodarwinbiodarwin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 260
I am looking for a shorter smoke to have in the mornings with a cup of bold coffee. Would this fit the bill if you were in my shoes? Any other recommendations?

Comments

• HeavyHeavy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,590
    Absolutely. I love the special G maduro. AF Short Story is basicallly the same vitola - everyone goes nuts over that stick. I think it's good but just don't get the amount of hype it receives.

I keep a variety of the AJ coronas on hand too (usually only available in samplers), as well as a few petitte coronas (Obsidian, 5Vegas Miami). I enjoy all of these smaller smokes much more than the cigarillos/cubanitos that come in tins - they are just too small and I don't really feel like I've had a cigar after I finish one of those.
  • J.S.J.S. Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 751
    I like the smaller ring myself. However, I don't think there is anything wrong with some of the tins. For example, I love Cohiba pequenos which are very close to this size at 4.1 X 36. Although I think the Oliva's are a larger ring than this but they fit the bill for a quick smoke when I don't have the time. The price is right too at under 2 bucks a stick you can smoke 2 if 1 leaves you wanting more.
  • HeavyHeavy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,590
    Oh, I agree with you J.S. on the tins; didn't mean to come off as if I was saying there was no worth in them. Hell, before I really started smoking cigars fairly regularly (pre-humidor days) I smoked them a good bit and actually have a few floating around in the humi now. But for me now, whenever I smoke one I feel like I need a cigar afterwards, if that makes sense i.e. it's kind of a tease I guess. Whereas when I smoke a petitte corona et al, I get a bit more satisfaction.

I think the CAO maduro tins are great, and they actually turned me on to the line which is one of my absolute favorites.
  • RainRain Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 8,761
    I love me some short smokes, I did not know that Oliva made these. I will have to check them out.
  • Ken LightKen Light Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,524
    Also check out Est. 1844 No. 50. Pretty much the same size as the short story.
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,228
    Honestly one of my favorite short smokes is the padron principes and the mf lb short robusto. But a great morning quicky is the cohiba pequinos.
  • biodarwinbiodarwin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 260
    Lee.mcglynn:
    Honestly one of my favorite short smokes is the padron principes and the mf lb short robusto. But a great morning quicky is the cohiba pequinos.

I think I am sold on trying the Cohibas.
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,228
    biodarwin:
    Lee.mcglynn:

I think I am sold on trying the Cohibas.
    They aren't bad at all! They even make them in the maduro which is nice. For the price it's hard to go wrong!
  • bbass2bbass2 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,056