Home Non Cigar Related

Hate fighting a cold.

0patience0patience Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,767
This last week, I've been fighting a cold.
Coughing and congestion has limited my cigar smoking to pretty much non-existent this last week.
I hate colds and I always seem to catch them. LOL!

Cold medicines help, but I've had to resort to a native american remedy. Bear root (actually called Osha root) syrup. It's a nasty tasting stuff. Has a licorice type taste to it, which I hate, but it works. LOL!

It cuts the coughing and congestion.
I hate the stuff, but it works and is helping.

Colds suck and not being able to smoke a cigar is killing me. LOL!

Comments

• ImgemboImgembo Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 657
    In the same boat. Have a sinus infection, been on antibiotics all week and got a steroid shot. Still coughing and congested. At least ill have a clean palet when I light one up. Feel better soon.
  • jlmartajlmarta Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,440
    I don't know if its any more effective but I generally ust a teaspoon of honey to ease the coughing. Seems to work for me and it certainly tastes better....

• BigshizzaBigshizza Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 10,949
    I like a little hot toddy action.. It's the miserable time of the year.. Wet, Wet, Wet.... How you liking the rain Tony? Ughh I'm looking forward to E. Wa with the drier climate. Feel better bro
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,228
    This is going to sound disgusting but if you add hot water,lemon juice,honey,garlic and cayenne pepper together and chug it all sickness will run out of your body