Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

How to mislead with tracking info???

SleevePlzSleevePlz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,408
So awhile back, there was an Enola Gay package with tracking info that showed it being shipped from my zip code. Being that I'm not the person/persons behind the Enola Gay bombings, I was curious to figure out how someone shipped a package from my zip code according to the tracking info. Well friends, I may have figured it out. When you print postage online, it has the option to select which zip code you are shipping from. I'm assuming it is intended for when the return address isn't where the package is actually being dropped off at. Well, a couple weeks ago, I printed a label at work and just left the shipping zip code as 48438 (Goodrich, MI). Due to time constraints, I dropped off the package in Davison, MI (48423). The tracking info didn't record it ever being in Davison and the package was actually sent to Goodrich and the tracking number began being updated from there. I thought that was interesting, so I did it again yesterday. This time, I shipped pelirrojo's lottery winnings from Flint, MI (a little farther away this time). I just checked the tracking info and again it shows it shipping from Goodrich. This makes me wonder if I put any zip code on there, will the package first be delivered to that zip code and then the actual tracking begins? If so, it might explain how the Enola packages seem to be delivered from all across the country. If anyone else is interested, I would be curious to see how far they will ship a package before they start tracking it. Both of my experiments were in the same county. Curious to see if it works for longer distances. Feel free to try it out and report what happens. This might make mystery bombing in the future super easy!!!!

Comments