Home Non Cigar Related

Coffee suggestions?

pelirrojopelirrojo Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,520
Seeing that this place is Chock full o' nuts, I thought you all might have some suggestions for me. I'm thinking I'm going to get my parents some various coffees and sweets for Christmas. I've been looking around at Green Mountain, Caribou, Koa, etc... Are there any coffees out there that would make for a good gift or that you really like?

Comments

• jgibvjgibv Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,996
    Just bumped the coffee thread for ya, might find some good suggestions there....

Umm but you mention green mountain - do your parents have a keurig, do you want to get the "coffee pods". If so, green mountain has some pretty decent coffees, and I'm sure you can find some nice sampler packs.

But if not, and you can get them whole bean or ground, look for a local roaster (to them) and that way if they really like it they can easily get more.
    If you don't care about finding a local roaster though, I'd highly suggest Silverbridge Coffee, http://silverbridgecoffee.com/ - we've been drinking their coffees almost exclusively for the last 4ish years, and have yet to have a bad batch. Very good stuff and they have some nice sampler baskets as well. (The coffee of the month club is awesome too)
  • pelirrojopelirrojo Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,520
    Cool thanks John.
  • JDHJDH Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,107
    I think this years Starbucks Christmas blend is a truly great cup of coffee. We bought a bunch of it and will freeze it.
  • JDHJDH Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,107
    JDH:
    I think this years Starbucks Christmas blend is a truly great cup of coffee. We bought a bunch of it and will freeze it.
    If you can find some Jamacian coffee (it will be terribly expensive because the Japaneese get nearly 100% of all these beans) they will be in for a treat.
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,739
    pelirrojo:
    Seeing that this place is Chock full o' nuts, I thought you all might have some suggestions for me. I'm thinking I'm going to get my parents some various coffees and sweets for Christmas. I've been looking around at Green Mountain, Caribou, Koa, etc... Are there any coffees out there that would make for a good gift or that you really like?
    Keurig?
    No, not a Keurig.
  • raisindotraisindot Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 936
    If they like "full-bodied" coffee, I highly recommend Peets. They have a variety of nice holiday gifts featuring their awesome once a year Holiday Blend (excellent coffee) and they often offer free shipping for orders over $40.
  • bbass2bbass2 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,056
    Peets +1, though I've only tried the varieties sold at the grocery store.
    Great info here guys, thanks.
  • ctschirgictschirgi Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 63
    Green Welll Farms 100pct Kona coffee is the way to go. Expensive, but like a good cigar, very worth it. I gave my folks 5lbs again this year. Full city or dark roast is excellent. Their website greenwellfarms.com has a lot of gift options.
  • BombayBombay Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,207
    If you can find it Blue Bottle Coffee from the, you guessed it, Blue Bottle Coffee Company, I hear is pretty outstanding. Dont think it is cheap from what I have heard. Being a native Californian I also reccomend See's Candy. It is always a hit.