Home Non Cigar Related

Having a kid - Need cigar suggestions

GoldyGoldy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,636
Found out over xmas that we are expecting our first child so that will be interesting. We are both excited but also terrified. This does mean, however, that I get to buy a box of nice cigars and need some help from you fellas to suggest some worth while boxes. The idea is to enjoy one cigar from that box on each bday of the little guy until he/she is 18. This will also be a great aging test.

Annnnnnd go, suggest away.

Comments

• jsnakejsnake Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,037
    Congrats! I would contact Ccom or your local B&M and ask them to watch and set aside something nice for you. I really have no idea what to suggest but something on the high end for sure.
  • kingjk729kingjk729 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,487
    Congrats Bro ..... I think the only choice is My Father as that's what you'll become to your'e child.
  • bbass2bbass2 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,056
    Congrats goldy. Kids got on my nerves for the most part until we had our boys and now I can't imagine my life without them. They are a true blessing.
  • jeep edsonjeep edson Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 826
    congrats on your first child. we just had our 3rd 2 weeks ago. your life will change but it is so worth it. i would get your hands on some cc's as they will make a awesome smoke with 18 years on them
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    Congratulations Goldy.. Don't worry, I'm sure you both will do just fine.
  • GoldyGoldy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,636
    jeep edson:
    congrats on your first child. we just had our 3rd 2 weeks ago. your life will change but it is so worth it. i would get your hands on some cc's as they will make a awesome smoke with 18 years on them
    I was leaning cc's but know nothing about them. I should shoot a pm to raz.
    kaspera79:
    Congratulations Goldy.. Don't worry, I'm sure you both will do just fine.
    Thanks, my big concern is that I travel A LOT and my wife is planning to continue to work so it's going to be really hard for her I think.
  • jeep edsonjeep edson Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 826
    she can do it. my wife worked up to the day before the c section and continues to work about 70 hours a week.
  • The KidThe Kid Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,842
    Congrats,,instead of the MF ya can go with a box of Mummy's ;o)
  • RainRain Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 8,761
    Congrats!!! Now all your cigar money can go towards formula and diapers ;)
  • reggie713reggie713 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,018
    congrats brother!!
    Thanks guys, any thoughts on cigars?
  • beatnicbeatnic Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,133
    Just bite the bullet and buy the box of OPUS X. In 18 years, it'll seem like a bargain.
  • George249George249 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6
    Congrats Goldy. Shoot me your address.
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,993
    Congrats brother, is say a box of cohiba espy's
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 10,949
    Go big Goldy...you might to buy more than one box...there will be lots of reasons to enjoy a great cigar!!
  • MartelMartel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,423
    Bigshizza:
    Go big Goldy...you might to buy more than one box...there will be lots of reasons to enjoy a great cigar!!

+1 I got an error when I posted a longer reply and lost it, so I hope this goes through. I'll try to reconstruct that post when I get around to it.
  • webmostwebmost Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,131
    Goldy:
    Thanks guys, any thoughts on cigars?
    Hard to beat the My Father suggestion.

• Roberto99Roberto99 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,077
    Congrats Goldy! I don't know much about CC's to give you a suggestion there. Maybe look for something that rocks in a Churchill or double corona so that every year it will be an extra long, extra special event.
  • RCY CigarsRCY Cigars Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,346
    Congratulations Brother, I suggest four CC's. Maybe the Partagas Serie D, they age great and the price is right in my IMO. The second is the Montecristo No.2, a classic. Third one is a classic favorite of mines personally. The Cohiba lancero, notes that last the whole time. Honey, cedar and it has enough spice but not to much to keep your attention. That's if you want a long smoke like a lancero. Lastly, Hoyo Double Coronas SLB is a under appreciated smoke to some. But IMO, a solid stick with some wonderful notes. This was the first cigar I tasted cinnamon in it. Mind you I started smoking cigars in Germany. So all of these are cigars I had there and the few I have left. Are all two years old. Except the Cohiba lancero. They were four years old. These are just my favorite long term right now. I'm sure other's will have a difference of opinion. And thats cool, these are my thoughts on your question. Enjoy the hunt and embrace the new life you created. Congrats again :)....