Home Cigar 101

If you had to choose a gift

0patience0patience Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,767
If you had to choose a gift to send to someone who loves cigars, what would it be?
Meaning a box of cigars, special cigars, special cigar accessories or something like that, that is available in the U.S.

What would you want to give to someone as a gift, if you had the money to spend on it?

Comments

• Shaun.Harrison87Shaun.Harrison87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,971
    If I knew their tastes, I would probably get them a sampler by the same blender or similar sticks(ie: AJ, DPG) and/or a cool cutter/lighter combo. To me a box is somewhat risky unless you know their preferences, then I would go for it. Custom humidors are always cool, all depends how much you want to spend and what you know about the recipient.
  • 0patience0patience Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,767
    Well, if money wasn't an issue, then what?
    Isn't there some box of cigars everyone would want?
  • Shaun.Harrison87Shaun.Harrison87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,971
    Here would be my choices with categories
    Lighter/Cutter: Xicar V-Cutter and any Xicar lighter(can't beat their warranty)
    Humidor: Desktop(40ct, 75ct, or 130ct) or Travel(4 or 8ct) Humidor from Gryphon Humidors, either their (love my Lancelot-75ct)
    Cigars: AF Anejo Sharks, My Father LB Petit Robustos, Opus X XxX, My Father 2010LE, AF Don Carlos, so many cool cigars it's hard to think of some but those are some of my top NC favorites
    Other Accessories: Custom Cedar Spills(CCS), humidifier for their humidor(beads or active-Oasis), custom cigar trays for their humidor

Personalizing a gift is always cool, always means more when there is a personal touch IMO.
  • jeep edsonjeep edson Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 826
    cohiba ferrari humi since rip says you can get it in the us without the sticks in it.
  • jliujliu Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,055
    all expenses paid trip to one of the tobacco growing regions. things like cigar safari comes to mind.
  • jeep edsonjeep edson Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 826
    jliu:
    all expenses paid trip to one of the tobacco growing regions. things like cigar safari comes to mind.
    that would be the ultimate gift. or fly them to cigarfest
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,228
    I'd go with the 10ct box of 1926 maddy torps and a xikar v cutter with some cedar matches...it's classy but not over the top and damn awesome lol at least for me it would be
  • rzamanrzaman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,604
    Hi Tony, box of cigar would be Davidoff Royal Robusto then Padron 1926 80th OR 40th Anniversary
    0patience:
    If you had to choose a gift to send to someone who loves cigars, what would it be?
    Meaning a box of cigars, special cigars, special cigar accessories or something like that, that is available in the U.S.

What would you want to give to someone as a gift, if you had the money to spend on it?
  • kingjk729kingjk729 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,487
    I would send something pretty limited .... Maybe a box of Montecristo NY, or Alec Bradley NY, or La Aurora Boradway .... Or maybe some of each. They are all tasty.
  • 0patience0patience Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,767
    Hey Rip,
    What do you think of the Davidoff Year of the Snake?
  • rzamanrzaman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,604
    Very good cigar but not extremely complex. To be honest not worth for $30 a piece. however, please allow me a little time to smoke the second one and put together a full review. That smoke was my only smoke within last two weeks. I am still not smoking cigars. That day I forced myself to smoke that cigar. In a nutshell, I prefer to reserve my final comment on this.
    0patience:
    Hey Rip,
    What do you think of the Davidoff Year of the Snake?