Home Ratings & Reviews

EPC Cardinals

laker1963laker1963 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,046
Just wondering if anyone has test drove either the Maduro or Naturals of these sticks? Seem to have rave reviews around the net, but looking for some confirmation.

Comments

• Steve2010Steve2010 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,036
    LOVE the natural. A bit more pepper than the New Wave or Short Run, not quite as much spice as the Elencos. (Although some of my buddies find the Elencos has LESS spice). Firmly medium-bodied occasionally poking it's toe into the full category.

Haven't tried the maduro.

• macs-smokesmacs-smokes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 585
    I just picked up a couple of the Naturals at B&M... haven't tried one yet... will let you know when I do.
  • laker1963laker1963 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,046
    Got a box of each coming. Heard nothing but good things about them, in particular the naturals.
  • macs-smokesmacs-smokes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 585
    I had a little quiet time today... quiet time = Nap time for my two youngest. After a morning and early afternoon of having my ears bleeding from non-stop jabbering I slid outside to enjoy a one of these. Now I am a NOOOOOBIE so my take on it was this. Felt good in the hand. Smelled wonderful. Earthy from the light to the last inch... where I burned my fingers trying to get it all. Had some problems with it going out, but think that it might be the 40 mph wind here in Kansas... but if you are from here you know that can still be considered a stiff breeze. Yummy smoke, leaves a creamy taste on the palette. Just my take. ____
    macs-smokes:
    I had a little quiet time today... quiet time = Nap time for my two youngest. After a morning and early afternoon of having my ears bleeding from non-stop jabbering I slid outside to enjoy a one of these. Now I am a NOOOOOBIE so my take on it was this. Felt good in the hand. Smelled wonderful. Earthy from the light to the last inch... where I burned my fingers trying to get it all. Had some problems with it going out, but think that it might be the 40 mph wind here in Kansas... but if you are from here you know that can still be considered a stiff breeze. Yummy smoke, leaves a creamy taste on the palette. Just my take. ____
    Thanks Mac. I am not so patiently waiting for these to arrive. They should be at my forward shipper soon and then the long jouney north begins. Ahem...
    Steve2010:
    LOVE the natural. A bit more pepper than the New Wave or Short Run, not quite as much spice as the Elencos. (Although some of my buddies find the Elencos has LESS spice). Firmly medium-bodied occasionally poking it's toe into the full category.

Haven't tried the maduro.

Yup, that just about says exactly what I have read about them. Thanks Steve, looking forward to test driving these.
  • desertsmokedesertsmoke Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 16
    Haven't tried the natural yet, but I have had several of the maduros. I like the original EPC maduro line, but love the cardinals. They have more body and a richer flavor than the original EPC maduro, and are very smooth and balanced. Definitely worth a try.
    desertsmoke:
    Haven't tried the natural yet, but I have had several of the maduros. I like the original EPC maduro line, but love the cardinals. They have more body and a richer flavor than the original EPC maduro, and are very smooth and balanced. Definitely worth a try.
    Sounds like you are like me in your love of EPC sticks and in particular the Maduros. In this case, everything I have read says that the Naturals are the winner in this series. The Maduros get very strong reviews as well, but the Naturals "ROCK" apparently. Let you know when they get here.LOL