Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

Boredom = Contest -- Winner is Vision!!!

SleevePlzSleevePlz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,408
I was bored today, so I decided to do a contest. I was looking at my humidor database and noticed that I have 142 different cigars listed. They are listed alphabetically by Brand, then Line, then Vitola. Your mission, if you choose to accept it, is to guess entries 1, 30, 80, 120, and 142. One point will be awarded for correctly guessing a brand, line, or vitola. If all three parts are correctly identified for a particular entry, you will be awarded 5 points (instead of 3). Sample answer: #80 - Oliva Serie V Lancero If #80 is some other lancero, but not an Oliva V, then this guess would get 1 point. If it was an Oliva V, but not the lancero, then it would get 2 points. If this guess is perfect, then it would get 5 points. Easy enough? So be sure to guess all three parts for each entry. For cigars that have special vitola names, I will accept the standard (generic) names for them. For example, the Ashton Magnum vitola is a 5x50, so robusto would be the generic name for the size. Contest runs until Monday night when I announce the winner. Good luck!!!! Couple hints: I picked entries that are rather normal, no weird cigars that you haven't heard of. 4 of the 5 entries are available here at ccom and the fifth is not an ISOM. Three of the entries were gifts from you guys. It should go without saying, but since the list is alphabetical, the first and last should be easier brands to guess.

Comments

• ddubridgeddubridge Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,949
    1. 5 Vegas Cask Strength Toro (if you dint have one, you will)
    30. Camacho Pre Embargo (Toro? 6x48)
    80. Lat 52 (robusto)
    120. Tatuaje Mini Mum (corona)
    142. Warlock Robusto
    F this is hard. I dont even know if I answered the questions right. If im the only one I win right?
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,408
    ddubridge:
    F this is hard. I dont even know if I answered the questions right. If im the only one I win right?
    Yes, you answered the questions in the proper way. I can't say if they are right, however. You can also edit your answers at any point, but don't give more than one set of answers. You might want to read the hints at the end of the post and change one of your answers.
  • VisionVision Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,701
    1. 3 Reynes Robusto
    30. Don Pepin Blue Toro
    80. La Paulina Goldie Lancero
    120. Olivia Melanio Torpedo
    142. Zino Platinum Z-Class Robusto
    Nice guesses Peter. Your fifth entry doesn't have a line name, however. I think the Zino Platinums have three different lines, crown, scepter, and z-class. I'm not saying it's right, just that it is missing a part of the answer.
    SleevePlz:
    ddubridge:
    Yes, you answered the questions in the proper way. I can't say if they are right, however. You can also edit your answers at any point, but don't give more than one set of answers. You might want to read the hints at the end of the post and change one of your answers.
    Fixed it, i think... didnt read the ISOM part correctly. Vision really screwed up my only one it the contest idea. oh well, its been fun.
    ddubridge:
    SleevePlz:
    ddubridge:
    Fixed it, i think... didnt read the ISOM part correctly. Vision really screwed up my only one it the contest idea. oh well, its been fun.
    Lol, don't give up hope yet!
  • The KidThe Kid Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,842
    Fun Contest Tony!
    The Kid:
    Fun Contest Tony!
    It's more fun if you make some guesses!!! You know the prize pack will be worth your time.
    SleevePlz:
    The Kid:
    Fun Contest Tony!
    It's more fun if you make some guesses!!! You know the prize pack will be worth your time.
    Oh no doubt about that,, Sometimes I just like to watch and let the rest of the folks take part.. I'll give it a shot before the contest closes.
  • jeep edsonjeep edson Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 826
    f this is a hard contest. i bet no one gets even one right. haha you my friend have alot of diff cigars. good on ya.
    jeep edson:
    f this is a hard contest. i bet no one gets even one right. haha you my friend have alot of diff cigars. good on ya.
    Hard, but doable. The first and last should be easier and just make educated guesses for the rest. You do get points for just getting the vitola, so who knows? Give it a try. You might be surprised how well you do.
    1) 262 Paradigm toro
    2) Diamond Crown Maximus Robusto
    3) La Flor Dominicano double ligero chisel
    4) Romeo y Julieta Platinum torp
    5) Zino platinum sceptor chubby

Final answers! Thanks for the brain teaser..;o)
  • jj20030jj20030 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,448
    ill try,lol

1.) alec bradley black market robusto

2.) la riqueza #4

3.) mow52c

4.) tatuaje black lancero

5.) Xikar colorado toro
  • webmostwebmost Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,131
    I dig it. A contest without a stated prize.

1 = 5 Vegas Classic torpedo
    30 = Diesel Unlimited d6
    80. Oliva Serie G Cam toro
    120. San Lotano Maduro churchill
    142. Xikar HC Criollo robusto

For extra credit, I guess the five correct guesses comprise the prize.

Honey-do day today. The blizzard completely missed us, so I go to fight the squirrel wars. Squirrels nesting between the porch roof and ceiling. Then clean up the garage while smoking a couple cigars. Overhaul motorcycle rain kits. Install a wheel chair ramp. Dive into a programming project. Roll some cigars. No time for boredom here. Good luck with yours.

webmost:
    I dig it. A contest without a stated prize.
    For extra credit, I guess the five correct guesses comprise the prize.
    I would send the 5 correct answers, but as I already stated, 3 of them were gifts from members here. So those are off limits. Don't worry, however, I will do a nice 5 pack of sticks that I believe the winner will enjoy.
  • MarkerMarker Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,524
    1. 5 v gold toro
    30. Diesel Unlimited d.x
    80. L'At 52
    120. Oliva V #4
    142. Zino limited robusto
  • blurrblurr Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 962
    1) Ave Maria Clermont (whatever the corona is)
    2)Gran Habano Corojo #5 (robusto)
    3)Oliva Serie O maduro robusto
    4)Padron 1964 anni natural
    5)Zino PLatinum scepter Chubby
    These are all awful guesses, but great game idea.
    Alright everyone, contest is over. Let me tally up some points and find a winner.
    Okay, the correct answers were: #1 - 5 Vegas Miami Toro #30 - DPG Blue Generosos (Toro) #80 - La Palina El Diario Toro #120 - Room 101 San Andres 305 (Robusto) #142 - Zino Platinum Scepter Grand Master (Robusto) By virtue of guessing #30 perfectly and grabbing a total of 8 points, the winner is Vision!!!! Congratulations Peter, I will be getting a little package out to you in the very near future. I could also use your address, so I'll send a pm over in just a sec. Thank you to everyone that played. Hope you had some fun!
    I guess we cant all be winners. Tony is a winner because he indeed does not have a 5 vegas Cask Strength. Waiting on another little package and i'll pm you the dc. thanks for the contest buddy.
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 10,949
    Congrats!! Mr Peter!!
  • VisionVision Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,701
    Thanks for the contest! That was really cool and makes you think. I didnt take you for a Super Gordo type :)

PM sent!
    ohh yeah, congrats peter. Impressive guessing.
  • robertgreen30robertgreen30 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,922
    Congrats Peter
  • MVW67MVW67 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,447
    Very nice, Peter, very nice!:-) :-) :-)
    ddubridge:
    I guess we cant all be winners. Tony is a winner because he indeed does not have a 5 vegas Cask Strength. Waiting on another little package and i'll pm you the dc. thanks for the contest buddy.
    I would put up a fight, but I actually really do want to try a 5V CS. Thanks Drew!
    SleevePlz:
    ddubridge:
    I would put up a fight, but I actually really do want to try a 5V CS. Thanks Drew!
    I like the toro's,,,one of my fav 5 vegas. Thanks for the contest.
    SleevePlz:
    ddubridge:
    Might be a week before it hits you. Not that you'll wanna smoke it in the bitter michigan cold anyways. I'm waiting on something else I have in the works.
  • webmostwebmost Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,131
    and now we know the REST of the story. Good contest.