Home Non Cigar Related

State of the Union Address

2»

Comments

• phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    clearlysuspect:
    While you're on the topic of documentaries, anyone ever watch the Zeitgeist documentaries? Watch the first one and then see how you feel about this conversation. The crap that goes on at the highest levels of our government and beyond them dwarfs anything that any corporation is doing!

ble Personal opinion. Problem isn't the government or the corporations. It's not the democrats or the republicans. All these things are kept in place to keep you from the truth:

WE SOLD THIS COUNTRY A VERY LONG TIME AGO AND NO AMOUNT OF MONEY CAN EVER BUY IT BACK!!!!

The real culprits: Monetary system, banking system, centralized banking, real reasons we fight wars, and everyone arguing over all the BS so that no one ever actually talks about these things. Our system isn't designed to succeed. It's designed to end in bankruptcy with the banks owning everything.
    Oh yeah. Govt is so ingrained in itself it's horrible. Corporations aren't the only problem for sure. Even the few people around that try to do a good thing it gets washed out. Problem is USA isn't the only one with this problem. It extends to most, if not all the 1st world nations. Though China is a mystery to me, but I'm sure since it has risen to where it is at, it may be on that list as well. Ever wonder why we made such a big issue with USSR and not China? I mean USSR was in many ways much stronger though if we really wanted to end communism why not go after china?

There a lot of writing on there are a few families and lines that go back to the ancient days that have continued to hold the reigns of the large nations on earth. When you have a handful of people sharing spots on most of the largest boards of the world makes one realize that it really doesn't matter who is the president or PM. It only slows for speeds up the takeover ... complete take over that is. Who knows what that will be like but one could possibly say that the next world war may be citizens vs a world military.
  • clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,750
    I've leaned right before. Most people on the political thread probably remember me as a pretty far right conservative. I lean a lot further left these days. I'm probably the only person in the nation that is both a fan of Glenn Beck and Bill Maher. I'm definitely the only person driving around Jacksonville with an NRA sticker on one side of his car and an Obama 2012 sticker on the other. I'm not confused or torn like most might think I am. Beck, Maher, Obama are all genius and full of sh1t at the same time. I'm learning to support them on things I agree with and stand against them on the things I'm opposed to, and I'm definitely learning to thrift through everyone's BS!

I've started focusing on the social issues that are important to me, on my direct community, my neighborhood, my friends and family and not so much on the world and national levels. Because the truth is that they're all playing for the same team and it isn't my team and it's not your team. You look at the last 4 or 5 presidents and they all have the same financial backers, at least the ones that really matter. Citizens United changed the game a little but the major card holders have been funding both sides of every conflict and election/appointment since back before the Napoleonic Wars. Since man invented money, the mass of wealth has been gathered into 2-5% of the population. This is the actual upper class and they hold about 90% of the wealth. They have always had a surrounding class of around 10-15% who hold about another 8% of the wealth. This would be considered the Middle Class or, as Orwell put it, "The Outer Party." Everyone else makes up the Lower Class and the money we possess really doesn't amount to anything, especially if you're trying to put that money up against the Upper Class. All 3 classes have a goal. Upper Class: Remain the ruling class. Middle Class: Stir the Lower Class into feeling oppressed enough to help overthrow the Upper Class so that a few of them can trade places. Lower Class: Survive and try not to get p1ssed on too much. Very few are actually able to climb out of this class. This has been the reoccurring theme since we humans started recording history.

America was great, or at least a lot of people thought it was, because people were actually able to climb out of the lower class with good, hard work and dedication. It wasn't easy, but it was made possible. Not going to get into the thievery and deception and wars that were waged to acquire the land and resources necessary for this to happen as that's a different conversation but we'll just leave it as "made possible." We were an exception to the rest of the world where the wealth was already so drastically pooled. People were capitalizing, our government was doing some pretty shady stuff overseas, and the wealth started to flow into America. Fast forward a little and by the end of War World II, most all of Europe was ruined and ridiculously indebted to the bankers who found their way into all the power they'd ever need through a little, secret meeting in Georgia, the East was humiliated, and America had been stolen and sold in less than 200 years.

If you do a little research and education on how our monetary system works, which is the monetary system of the rest of the world, how our economy actually works, how our banking system works, how our political system works, how the international banking and monetary fund works, if you just follow the paths without agenda and accept whatever truth lies at the end of the search, I think you'll find that all this is just fluff. It's based on mostly nothing. Like the chair you're probably sitting on right now, it's mostly empty and not actually made of anything substantial, just some small black lines on little pieces of mostly blank paper.

Well, I've said too much but not nearly enough. I've gone too far, but I've barely scratched the surface. I'd recommend, youtubing or googling the word "Zeitgeist" if you can stomach it. It's not pretty, it's not all true, the people who made it I'm sure have an agenda, but it's definitely eye opening. Before them, I think George Carlin was on the right track and he'll give you the same things and make you laugh at the same time.