Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

WEEKEND CONTEST (2) --- MARTEL WINS in record time

jgibvjgibv Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,996
Alright, similar rules here as the other "music trivia" contest ....
The only restriction to win this one though, is that you must have less than 250 posts in order to win.

The winning "noob" will receive a 5-pack of cigars. There will only be 1 winner for this contest.
And since there will be only 1 winner, please post your answer in this thread, do not PM me.

Whoever answers both questions correctly will win. In the event of a tie, whoever answered first will win.

The contest ends this Sunday night at midnight, so post your answers before then!

1)
Q: Who performed at the Paramount Theater in 1989 and after the lights came on, told them to turn them off because he wanted to play another encore?

2)
Q: what world-famous rock band has had 21 (and counting) full time members since their inception?

(* PS - if you win this contest, you won't be eligible to win the other. Sorry)

Comments

• MartelMartel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,423
    jgibv:
    Alright, similar rules here as the other "music trivia" contest ....
    The only restriction to win this one though, is that you must have less than 250 posts in order to win.

The winning "noob" will receive a 5-pack of cigars. There will only be 1 winner for this contest.
    And since there will be only 1 winner, please post your answer in this thread, do not PM me.

Whoever answers both questions correctly will win. In the event of a tie, whoever answered first will win.

The contest ends this Sunday night at midnight, so post your answers before then!

1)
    Q: Who performed at the Paramount Theater in 1989 and after the lights came on, told them to turn them off because he wanted to play another encore?

2)
    Q: what world-famous rock band has had 21 (and counting) full time members since their inception?

(* PS - if you win this contest, you won't be eligible to win the other. Sorry)
    1. Neil Young 2. Polyphonic Spree Scratch that...you mean GNR. I thought you meant at one time, not one after the other.
  • ddubridgeddubridge Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,949
    WOW eric...that was close. 248 posts.
  • mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,358
    ddubridge:
    LOL, nice PM too!
  • jgibvjgibv Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,996
    Martel:
    1. Neil Young 2. Polyphonic Spree Scratch that...you mean GNR. I thought you meant at one time, not one after the other.
    DING DING DING
    WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER!!!

Wow brother, that was fast!! Congrats!!!
    Maybe I should have made the questions a little harder lol ;-)

PM me your address!!! Thanks for playing!
    ddubridge:
    I know, right.
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 10,949
    Martel:
    ddubridge:
    I know, right.
    Hello Nostradamus
    Thanks to jgibv and bigshizza for a great contest. Jim sent my winnings and they got in a preemptive strike sneak attack on my mailbox by arriving a day early. Several things I want to try and a couple I want to try again. In fact, the only two I've had from the selection are the DPG CC and the LFD DL Chiselito. The DPG hit me as strange on my first time around and I wanted to give it another shake. The Chiselito I got as part of a V-day package from my wife and I smoked the first of the two she got me after this package was in the mail. Jim "Nostradamus-ed" himself by sending it. One of my favorite smokes to date. At any rate, here's the pics:

Thanks again, guys. It's been fun. And no more "noob" contests for me! I think I can shake that label and just join Rob as an amateur...just not to his level by any stretch.

ETA: Just want to mention, I've had a bad couple of days for various reasons, and this box brought such a huge smile to my face...almost made me cry...you guys are great, and generous. True gentlemen and scholars.
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 10,949
    Enjoy!! I am glad they cheered you up!!
  • jgibvjgibv Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,996
    Bigshizza:
    Enjoy!! I am glad they cheered you up!!
    +1 ... thanks to Shizza for the collaboration on the contest.

And congrats again brother ---- glad you were able to take advantage of your "noob" status while it lasted. Now you're just an "amateur" like robby ras, LOL :-D
    Well, since Jim sent me a 5v cs in his first bomb, I'm smoking it this afternoon and listening to Neil while I do. Maybe add some GNR in, too. And whatever else Iheartradio adds in to the mix...Simon and Garfunkle for example.