Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

Marisol Turned Me Down -- twice

webmostwebmost Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,131
I order a weekend deal from cigar.com, tell them throw in a digital hygro, hygro comes reading like 20 - 25 points off, I follow the calibration directions on the paper that came with it, no luck, call c.com, they surmise it's borked, and shoot me out another. In the meanwhile, I ask the BOTLs in room 101, one of whom knows the corrected instructions for this device, I try that, and it works. But by now, the replacement is already on the way. So this morning I call cigar.com, Marisol answers, I ask her to bill me twenty bucks for the hygro cause there was nothing wrong with the first one, just the instructions. Marisol refuses me. Tried to get her to put twenty in their picnic beer fund or whatever. Checks with management. Refuses me again. Not the first time I've been turned down twice by the same gal.
,br> So here's what I've come up with: The replacement hygro arrives tomorrow. I'll pull the tab to activate it. I'll note down what it reads when I pull the tab.

Now, are you on the fence whether to put in an order? Go ahead and put in your order with cigar.com, you got to ask for Marisol and tell her "next time don't turn an old goat down", I'll take your word you did, post here what you think my replacement hygro is gonna read right out of the box, in this format:

I told Marisol! I ordered xxx! Hygro reads yy!

Closest to the number by Monday gets a PDR fiver from me.

You know, any slender excuse to fire off sticks

Comments

• ehehatehehat Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,534
    What a great story about some of the best customer service people in the biz, thanks for sharing. And I don't know if I'll be making an order any time soon but that's a fantastic idea for a contest, well done!
  • pelirrojopelirrojo Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,520
    47%

Also, I'm in need of a digital hygro... so if you feel like getting rid of your extra pm me and we can work something out. Thanks for the contest.
  • BombayBombay Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,207
    Great Job Web! I'm gonna say 62%. Nothing and I mean nothing beats the cutomer service with cigar.com, book it!
  • mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,358
    Great story Davis, gonna go with 50%. Hope not, but you know how to fix it now! LOL
  • Glock1975Glock1975 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,372
    That's great customer service for ya, really nice of them. Anyways I will say 65%
  • jgibvjgibv Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,996
    Awesome service for sure ....
    Hope your new hygro works better than the 1st one.

You know what would be real sneaky ---- bomb the 5-er to CCOM HQ, attn: Marisol. With a note that tells her that's what she gets for "turning an old goat down"
  • webmostwebmost Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,131
    No valid entry yet. I repeat the instructions. Reading Is Fundamental:

"Now, are you on the fence whether to put in an order? Go ahead and put in your order with cigar.com, you got to ask for Marisol and tell her "next time don't turn an old goat down", I'll take your word you did, post here what you think my replacement hygro is gonna read right out of the box, in this format:

I told Marisol! I ordered xxx! Hygro reads yy! "

Hey RedHead (pelirojo) I think I may just put the extra hygro to work on my commuter motorcycle. Next time it gets hot and oppressive I can put a number to it. Or I might put it to work in the attic when I start curing my sotweed harvest up there.
  • pelirrojopelirrojo Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,520
    Can I guess again so soon? I'll pm you just in case I can't.
  • RainRain Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 8,761
    pelirrojo:
    Can I guess again so soon? I'll pm you just in case I can't.
    You should be good since he said none of the answers were in the valid format.
  • VisionVision Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,701
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,439
    webmost:

"Now, are you on the fence whether to put in an order? Go ahead and put in your order with cigar.com, you got to ask for Marisol and tell her "next time don't turn an old goat down", I'll take your word you did, post here what you think my replacement hygro is gonna read right out of the box, in this format:

I told Marisol! I ordered a box of Jaime Garcia Reserva Especial's Hygro reads 68%

I really didn't order anything or talk to Marisol.... but if I could, that's what it'd be, and that's what my guess to your new hygro reading would be.
    wotabunchaclowns
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,228
    Great story Davis!! I'm gonna say it was a humi care hygro reading 45
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 10,949
    you ordered a 'Hygro-Set Adj. Digital Hygrometer Rectangle " and it read 51%..
  • macs-smokesmacs-smokes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 585
    Gray4lines:
    webmost:

I told Marisol! I ordered a box of Jaime Garcia Reserva Especial's Hygro reads 68%

I really didn't order anything or talk to Marisol.... but if I could, that's what it'd be, and that's what my guess to your new hygro reading would be.

I thought he was ordering White Owls

Is anyone planning to order from c.com this weekend?

Apparently not.

Well, the instant I pulled the tab, the device read 40%. So Lee McGlynn came closest, guessing 45%. But my idea was to have someone who was ordering from cigar.com phone staff pull Marisol's leg. Nobody did that.

That's alright. Plan B is under preparation right now. Just need a couple more items for the care package. And, of course, I'm not going anywhere near the post office lines on tax day.

As for the fiver, even though Lee didn't complete the mission, I'm going to drop it in his pass, which should be here any day now. By the time the pass gets back to him, the PDRs may have been swapped out for something even better. If nothing else, it will help plump that box up a bit.

• Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,228
    webmost:
    Apparently not.

Well, the instant I pulled the tab, the device read 40%. So Lee McGlynn came closest, guessing 45%. But my idea was to have someone who was ordering from cigar.com phone staff pull Marisol's leg. Nobody did that.

That's alright. Plan B is under preparation right now. Just need a couple more items for the care package. And, of course, I'm not going anywhere near the post office lines on tax day.

As for the fiver, even though Lee didn't complete the mission, I'm going to drop it in his pass, which should be here any day now. By the time the pass gets back to him, the PDRs may have been swapped out for something even better. If nothing else, it will help plump that box up a bit.

awesome Davis and thanks!! Really didn't think I'd win and really just guessed for the sake of guessing. I hope that people will indulge on the winnings in the pass and thank you again!!
  • Rammer13Rammer13 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 21
    Great story, and ill guess 57
    Close, but no cigars.

Short attention span theater. Gotta love it.

• ddubridgeddubridge Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,949
    webmost:
    Close, but no cigars.

Short attention span theater. Gotta love it.

How about 40...<<<"now that's funny right there."
    Across the street from the University sports complex are Hilton Suites and Embassy Suites, and attached to the Embassy is a TGI Friday. I took Bearswatter there the other night. I had Jack Daniels steak; she had steak and shrimp. The best part of dinner were Bee Stings, concocted of Makers Mark, clover honey, and lemon juice. Our waitress was cute as a bug and twice as nice. She's who recommended the Sting. But about the third time she interrupted with her "Everything all right?" while Bearswatter was chattering away some of that gal chat which goes in my one ear and out the other, I told the young waitress: "If we hurt, we'll holler. That's how we roll," and gestured across the table at my honey bun interrupted mid sentence. What brain dead moron teaches them all to do that every three seconds in waitress school I don't know, but it annoys the livin crap outta me, Anyhoo, the point is, young whatever her name gave us space after that, only showing up to re-venom the Bee Sting, then clear the plates, then offer dessert an hour later when Bearswatter finally took a breath. Now, that's good service. So we left her a good tip. Good service deserves a gratuity.

In other words: 9505 5104 5755 3107 4514 24

• mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,358
    Wow, that drink sounds delicious! Gonna try it this weekend for sure!
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,439
    Lol! What Davis says is always a surprise. I agree though, they come every 5 minutes, then as soon as you need a refill, they split for an hour.
    Out For Delivery! Bwahahaha!

• RainRain Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 8,761
    webmost:
    Out For Delivery! Bwahahaha!

Oh ****. Get em Davis!