Home Ratings & Reviews

Some good Cameron's ?

RhamlinRhamlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,530
I don't think I've ever had more than 1 or 2 and I've been thinking of giving them a shot. What's some good ones other than Hemingway? Already planning on giving them a try. Was looking at the CAO, I always like their stuff.

Comments

• catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,993
    Not a big Cameroon fan, but the LFD Cameroon cabinet is excellent
  • allsmokedupallsmokedup Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 738
    Oliva serie G
    Torano 1916
    Regular AF Cameroon line
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,228
    catfishbluezz:
    completely agree!! Not a big Cameroon person but do really like the lfd's!!
  • RainRain Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 8,761
    Torano 1916! I love em.
  • perkinkeperkinke Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,562
    I liked the H. Uppman Cameroon and the Graycliff 30-year is a favorite.
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,909
    I love Cameroon wrappers, one of my all time favorites (if not my favorite) for NC cigars. A couple to check out would be the AF Don Carlos and La Aurora Cameroon lancero. Guillermo Leon has a Cameroon binder which adds a bit of the same character to the cigar but not as much as having it be the wrapper, also a great stick.
  • mfotismfotis Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 720
    I always keep a couple of boxes of Oliva serie G and LPH Morado on hand as they are some of my favs.
  • webmostwebmost Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,131
    Cameron Diaz used to be a truly fine Cameron. Lookin a little scrawny now.
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,439
    Lee.mcglynn:
    catfishbluezz:
    I really enjoyed the cameroon cab, but it totally kicked my butt. I was out for an hour after the smoke. I wanted to keep smoking because it was soo good, but I just had to put it down.
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,408
    Gray4lines:
    Lee.mcglynn:
    catfishbluezz:
    I really enjoyed the cameroon cab, but it totally kicked my butt. I was out for an hour after the smoke. I wanted to keep smoking because it was soo good, but I just had to put it down.
    Yeah, you have to prepare for an LFD. I agree with the recommendation wholeheartedly though!
    This is not a myth??? I'll smoke everything on an empty stomach. What does it do, make you lightheaded?
    Rain:
    This is not a myth??? I'll smoke everything on an empty stomach. What does it do, make you lightheaded?
    Lightheaded a little. I felt dizzy, sick to my stomach, and it lasted a long time! And I'm no noobie!! LFD's in particular really hit me hard.
    Ugh..that does not sound like any fun at all.
    I usually have no problem at all! But damn, when it happens it sucks.
  • RhamlinRhamlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,530
    Thanks guys ill look into some of those. The LFD sounds pretty good
  • Amos UmwhatAmos Umwhat Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,523
    webmost:
    But still smokin.....sorry, I couldn't resist
  • madurofanmadurofan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,152
    I'm a bit of a Cameroon snob. I agree with the AF Don Carlos and the Oliva G. Also keep in mind pretty much every AF except the Opus X is a cameroon wrapper. The King B and Queen B are also pretty damned good. The old CAO CX2 is pretty good if you can find it. The Cusano Cameroon is my go-to cigar right now.

Also if you find you like Cameroons, Sumatra's are the same seed just grown in a different place. They are very good as well, they tend to have a touch more spice but usually have the same sweet character that defines cameroons.

Finally while I do enjoy the LFD Cameroon Cabinet it is an awful example of a Cameroon. Its a cameroon for people who don't like Cameroons. Its smoother than a typical LFD but the sweetness and complexity of the Cameroon leaf disappears amidst all that Ligero. I like it its a good smoke but I'd never recommend it as an example of a Cammie.
    madurofan:
    Finally while I do enjoy the LFD Cameroon Cabinet it is an awful example of a Cameroon. Its a cameroon for people who don't like Cameroons. Its smoother than a typical LFD but the sweetness and complexity of the Cameroon leaf disappears amidst all that Ligero. I like it its a good smoke but I'd never recommend it as an example of a Cammie.
    That was my thought too. It is very different for a Cameroon.
  • curtpickcurtpick Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,600
    Gray4lines:
    Rain:
    Lightheaded a little. I felt dizzy, sick to my stomach, and it lasted a long time! And I'm no noobie!! LFD's in particular really hit me hard.

Not a favorite of mine either. And yes they are full bodied full strength.
    Eat first
  • HeavyHeavy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,590
    Not a huge cameroon guy myself, but I absolutely love the CAO L'Anniversarie Cameroon. Awesome stick.
  • bbass2bbass2 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,056
    Torano Salutem has a cameroon binder and is a solid stick. Anyone had the Partagas Master series? I got one in the march madness sampler, but haven't smoked it yet.
    No, but I do like the Partagas regular line for a Cameroon. I remember being pretty impressed by the first one I had. Just a solid Cameroon.
  • MartelMartel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,423
    Amos Umwhat:
    webmost:
    Kirk Cameron. Loved Growing Pains, but even though I'm a Christian, I worry about him a little bit now. James Cameron is a good director, and Cameron Crowe is a good writer. Cameron Frye is a good character from a movie that is beyond good. Bueller, Bueller.
  • webmostwebmost Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,131
    Martel:
    Amos Umwhat:
    webmost:
    Kirk Cameron. Loved Growing Pains, but even though I'm a Christian, I worry about him a little bit now. James Cameron is a good director, and Cameron Crowe is a good writer. Cameron Frye is a good character from a movie that is beyond good. Bueller, Bueller.
    Cameron Oatbook was a helluva reporter back in the day.

• RhamlinRhamlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,530
    madurofan:
    I'm a bit of a Cameroon snob. I agree with the AF Don Carlos and the Oliva G. Also keep in mind pretty much every AF except the Opus X is a cameroon wrapper. The King B and Queen B are also pretty damned good. The old CAO CX2 is pretty good if you can find it. The Cusano Cameroon is my go-to cigar right now.

Also if you find you like Cameroons, Sumatra's are the same seed just grown in a different place. They are very good as well, they tend to have a touch more spice but usually have the same sweet character that defines cameroons.

the Cusano was another one I was thinking of. And you know what I did not know that Sumatra was a Cameroon leaf. Another learning day for me.