Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

Sudden appearance of "plume" after using Humicare

prosspross Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 739
Well, f*ck.

I have been having a rough month or two, which has led to me being an infrequent poster on the boards. Just when I thought it couldn't get any worse - BAM!

I broke open my "good" humi and my quality sticks had started growing a beard. Nothing worse than looking at my Opus', Tats, Ligas etc getting the fuzzies.

I brushed them all off, and am hoping for the best.

I couldn't even take pics as I felt like my dog just died....

I guess its time to join the kitty litter brigade

I have never, ever had a mold issue before that fcking Humicare. If you have one, chuck it now.

Comments

• prosspross Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 739
    I just realized this was the wrong section to post. Sorry, I can't even think straight.
  • RainRain Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 8,761
    Ugh...sorry man. On a side note I've used beads for a year and never had a problem I'm not sure why people think kitty litter is superior. Just a different tool in your tool belt
    Smoking a Viaje Friends and Family I just brushed off. Seems ok, mostly surface fuzz.

• catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,993
    If it is surface, wipe down, seperate and bag with cedar and boveda. If it doesn't come back in a month or so, you're good. If it is the stain or stick to the wrapper crap like glue, which is normally yellow/green/blue don't err put it back. Just smoke what you can salvage.
    Seems to be surface. White and hairy, not yellow green or blue. It affected those not in cellos much more than those in cellos. Zip Lock it is.
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,993
    You'll be alright bro, but yeah....exquisicat....
  • scarlinscarlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,592
    pross:
    Seems to be surface. White and hairy, not yellow green or blue. It affected those not in cellos much more than those in cellos. Zip Lock it is.
    From my experiences it never will show up again unless your humidity goes outta whack again. Also check the foot of all cigars that had mold on em, if there is any mold in the foot of cigar throw it out because you don't know how far in the 'gar the mold got.
    scarlin:
    pross:
    From my experiences it never will show up again unless your humidity goes outta whack again. Also check the foot of all cigars that had mold on em, if there is any mold in the foot of cigar throw it out because you don't know how far in the 'gar the mold got.

Thanks for that scarlin, makes me feel better.
  • The KidThe Kid Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,842
    First off , sorry .. secondly I don't think you mean plume,, plume is a good thing
    The Kid:
    First off , sorry .. secondly I don't think you mean plume,, plume is a good thing

Plume was my attempt at humor since it is so often misidentified.

• The KidThe Kid Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,842
    gotcha,, glad to see yer not letting it get ya down
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,909
    pross:
    This is exactly why I no longer store my sticks naked. Every once in a while we'll get crazy hot and muggy weather and I don't have AC or any kind of active humidity system, just beads. I've discovered keeping cigars in cello helps for short term crazy spikes in temp and humidity. Hope all works out for you, bro.
  • scarlinscarlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,592
    bigharpoon:
    pross:
    This is exactly why I no longer store my sticks naked. Every once in a while we'll get crazy hot and muggy weather and I don't have AC or any kind of active humidity system, just beads. I've discovered keeping cigars in cello helps for short term crazy spikes in temp and humidity. Hope all works out for you, bro.
    Any Idea where one can buy extra cello? I ruin my cello every time i try to take a cigar out lol.
  • blurrblurr Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 962
    Not to be the I told you so, but I had mold six years ago. Kitty litter isn't just perfect, it fixes high humidity. All the bashers can suck it because you will get mold eventually with most other methods. Ever hear people bashing kitty litter for causing mold. Yeah me either. Its the best for a reason.