Home Cigar 101

Sweet tips too sweet?

LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,603
Is there any way to reduce the sweetness on sweet tipped cigars?

Comments

• taythegibstaythegibs Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,024
    what kinda cigars? machine mades from the gas station or something like DE's Acid line?
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    Baccarat has a sweet tip and those are a handmade long filler.

as for lessening the sweet...
    try dipping the tip in water for quick second. not too long though it will destroy the cigar. there really isnt a good way to do it, just a way.
  • LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,603
    I got a 5 pack of Isla De Sols from my wife along with my Perdomos for a Father's Day gift. I really like the smoke but think the sweet is a little overpowering. Ill try dipping one tonight and seeing what happens. How long should I let it rest after the dipping to smoking it? Distilled water I assume warm/cold/room temp?
  • Bob LukenBob Luken Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,664
    I've ended up with a few cheap cigars that were OK for cheap cigars but the sugar tip? Ugh. I don't know if you can get rid of that sweet taste or not. Dipping? Whadayamean dipping? LOL You gonna try and give it a shower or a bath? I'm guessing a shower would be ok but,.............let us know how that goes.
    I think ill try just wiping one down tonight and seeing how it comes out... i just hope i dont mess it up! Its a really good smoke other than the overly sweet tip.
    Update- so I wiped down the sweet tip on my Isle Del Sol with a lukewarm damp washcloth. Didn't really make a difference. Oh well. Not a deal breaker.
  • The KidThe Kid Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,842
    Try some franks red hot sauce!! I put that shi_t on everything......
    LMFAO!!!!! I'm about to!
  • Amos UmwhatAmos Umwhat Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,523
    kuzi16:
    Baccarat has a sweet tip and those are a handmade long filler.

as for lessening the sweet...
    try dipping the tip in water for quick second. not too long though it will destroy the cigar. there really isnt a good way to do it, just a way.
    I was going to say Brandy, or Rum.
    I do have some rum... Maybe ill try that next time. Sadly after last night I think I'm not too fond of those sticks anyway. Not positive yet but I think I might have to give them a break and dive into a stick or two from the bombs.