Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

Why 2K?

Ken LightKen Light Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,524
This was my first post, on 9/30/10:
Ken Light:
5 finger death punch?

Noob mistake. Submitting a terrible answer to a contest in the TPB forum as my first post. It was largely ignored. Thanks for letting it slide.

I later introduced myself, on 1/26/11. I was nervous, so it took 4 months
Ken Light:
So I've been lurking on this forum for months now and have been meaning to introduce myself to you guys, so here goes.  My name's Ken, I'm 31, live in central jersey, work as a research scientist at Rutgers University, and have been smoking cigars for a couple years.  I started out loving Rocky Patel and Gurkha but have since grown far more fond of AJ Fernandez's blends, especially Diesel and MoW.  I have also started brewing my own beer in the past 6 months and am very interested in brewing beers that pair well with my favorite cigars, as well as finding wines, liquors (particularly scotch and bourbon), and other beers that go well.  I'm looking forward to getting to know you guys on here!  Also, if someone could reply or PM me with a way to get started on the trades/passes part of this, that'd be great!

I needn't have been nervous. The welcome was enormous. Thanks for that.

Since then I've offended a lot of people, but more importantly made a lot of friends on here. I've made some trades, I've written some tirades. I've sent and received some bombs. Mostly I've found great advice and community here and have grown up and evolved as a person considerably since those first few posts, but haven't grown out of anything I said. I've been silent for about a week now trying to figure out what to do for 2K (and losing my @$$ to Vegas, oh well).

As sometimes happens when I'm trying to figure something out like this, something falls into my lap and says "This, dummy." So the Beard made an error with an order recently and I find myself with a couple extra boxes of cigars. My first instinct was to break them down, throw in 10 from my stash, and pack that all into 10 bombs. But they'd be underwhelming. Plus, how do I pick only 10 of you? Impossible.

So instead I want to give these to the two most continually generous people I know on here: MVW and webmost. I know Mike will probably bomb people on here with some of his box (Diesel HotD toro) and Davis will hand some of his (Ramon Bueso Odyssey toro) off to people in real life. Neither are likely to hit me back (I'm looking at you, Mike, don't do it, respect this request). Davis's box was three short, so I tossed in a couple of a different size and a 2012 forum blend, hopefully for review.

Thanks, everyone, even those no longer posting in case you still read (Sniper? You out there?). Here's to many more!!!

DC's:
Mike 9505510110443162474174
Davis 9505510110443162474501

Oh yeah, why 2K? Cuz I had nothing better to do. What, you wanted something profound?

Comments

• RainRain Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 8,761
    Congrats bro. Celebrate with poker tonight ;)
  • Medic45Medic45 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,886
    Congrats bro!! Glad u made it!!
  • brianetz1brianetz1 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,898
    Rain:
    that sounds like a good idea. congrats on the 2k.
  • pelirrojopelirrojo Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,520
    Congrats on 2K
  • Ken LightKen Light Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,524
    brianetz1:
    Rain:
    that sounds like a good idea. congrats on the 2k.
    Softball game. If I get back in time or it's rained out, I'm in. Can someone PM me with who I was supposed to hit for my last loss?
  • james40james40 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,450
    Congrats on 2k Ken.
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,739
    Congrats Ken. You may not know this but you were my first trade in the forum, technically. Infact, I still have a stick from that very trade. That stick means a lot......... shut up I'm not crying!
  • Glock1975Glock1975 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,372
    Congrats Ken, and u have never offended me, and are always welcome at the poker table. Bomb the hell out those guys.
    danielzreyes:
    Congrats Ken. You may not know this but you were my first trade in the forum, technically. Infact, I still have a stick from that very trade. That stick means a lot......... shut up I'm not crying!
    At least you have a good memory of the trade. I remember sending you poop....my bad! :/
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,439
    Congrats Ken! Those 2 definitely deserve it!
  • webmostwebmost Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,131
    Ken, don't worry about me ... I know just exactly what you mean about not firing back. Your good karma will be all yours to stack up and enjoy. Thanks a million brother.

Instead, I will put these to real good use mid-July on my second annual Johnny Sotweedseed project. I have been stashing away metal canisters and water pillows. Been looking for a good couple boxes to buy. This will get me half way there all in one swell foop! Yepper, this will surely do for The Peripatetic Potlatch, Part Deux.

Last time motorcycling down the BRP on this errand, I handed out seven canisters, each with five cigars, one water pillow, and a box of matches. Sitting round the evening bonfire, burning my favorite skeeter repellent, sipping my favorite despondency repellent, any time I found a newb who was willing to try a cigar, I would hit him with a whole canister. "Here, deal with it!" is Johnny's motto.

In addition I took a fistful of black cigar tubes with me, each holding one select sotweed cylinder. Whenever I found a real cigar smoker, I would hit him with a tube. Amazing how many motorcycle riding smokers had never heard of the pneumatic telescoping cigar tube.

Thanks to catfishblues and MVW67 for introducing me to the thrilling sport of cigar bombing.

Thanks to Ken Light for giving me a head start on the project this year.

Oh, it's a grand life.

danielzreyes:
    Whoa, I don't remember breakfast very well, so I definitely don't know that trade. What's the stick you can't bring yourself to burn?
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 10,949
    Congrats Ken!! Well done!
    Ken Light:
    danielzreyes:
    Whoa, I don't remember breakfast very well, so I definitely don't know that trade. What's the stick you can't bring yourself to burn?
    I've had others like it but this one I decided to keep.
    danielzreyes:
    Ken Light:
    danielzreyes:
    I've had others like it but this one I decided to keep.
    Oh, I remember that! I didn't have much that I thought you'd enjoy so I went on a mission in search of a new B&M and found a good one that day! Want to know the creepy detail? I haven't been able to find it again since. I sh!t you not, I went back to where I would've sworn it was, there was a B&M there and I went in and the place looked completely different. Asked a guy if stuff had just been rearranged and he said no. Weeeeeirrrrd....
  • MVW67MVW67 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,447
    Ken broke my cherry, with my first trade, he was my sponsor, then Direwolf and wheels were set in motion, I was taken in by the forum. And was never the same since . I would like to thank you in advance. Thank you!!!! Temptation will be hard to not retaliate, oh the pressure.. LOL Seriously where am I going to put sticks, my little six pack cooler is plum full...... I suppose i will have to make some room. Have you really tried to unpack a cooler and then play Tetris trying to get them back in???? Congrats Ken on your 2K and to many more!!!!!! :)
  • bbass2bbass2 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,056
    Very cool move on two deserving brothers!
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,408
    Congrats on the milestone, Ken. Very nice gesture on your part.
  • brianetz1brianetz1 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,898
    MVW67:
    Ken broke my cherry, with my first trade, he was my sponsor, then Direwolf and wheels were set in motion, I was taken in by the forum. And was never the same since . I would like to thank you in advance. Thank you!!!! Temptation will be hard to not retaliate, oh the pressure.. LOL Seriously where am I going to put sticks, my little six pack cooler is plum full...... I suppose i will have to make some room. Have you really tried to unpack a cooler and then play Tetris trying to get them back in???? Congrats Ken on your 2K and to many more!!!!!! :)
    for all the pain you deal out all you have is a 6 pack cooler?
    brianetz1:
    MVW67:
    for all the pain you deal out all you have is a 6 pack cooler?
    ummmmm yep.....:-)
    Rumor is, Mike owns this little patch of land where he keeps all his cigars.It's called Area 51.
    MVW67:
    Go ahead and keep a few for yourself and bomb the rest. Just not to my mailbox! ;D
    Rain:
    danielzreyes:
    At least you have a good memory of the trade. I remember sending you poop....my bad! :/
    I remember our trade as well. Those cigars came from your humidor. You took the time and money to box them up and send them to me. That's what matters brolicious.
    Ken Light:
    MVW67:
    Go ahead and keep a few for yourself and bomb the rest. Just not to my mailbox! ;D
    Nope Ken, a gift I never bomb. Just me. Will put into my rotation for smoking. Have enough others to share.....lol:-)
  • ddubridgeddubridge Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,949
    Great idea Ken. Congrats on 2k.
  • webmostwebmost Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,131
    MVW67:
    Dayumm. It was Ken broke your cherry? And now you are like Miley Cytheria Kardashian the Octomom. Dayum. Now we know who twisted your mind.

Well he did a thorough job of it.

• Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,228
    Congrats on the post count ken!!
    MVW67:
    Ken Light:
    MVW67:
    Nope Ken, a gift I never bomb. Just me. Will put into my rotation for smoking. Have enough others to share.....lol:-)
    Even if it was part of the intent?
    Ken Light:
    I know Mike will probably bomb people on here with some of his box (Diesel HotD toro) and Davis will hand some of his (Ramon Bueso Odyssey toro) off to people in real life.

But of course the choice is yours in the end. Don't smoke 'em if you hate 'em or anything though! Although the one I've smoked was damn good.
    webmost:
    MVW67:
    Dayumm. It was Ken broke your cherry? And now you are like Miley Cytheria Kardashian the Octomom. Dayum. Now we know who twisted your mind.

Well he did a thorough job of it.

I've been known to twist minds. And I get to teach 96 young women a semester. Scary, innit?