Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

I feel so inadequate

webmostwebmost Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,131
Back in the golden age when you belonged to you, and not to the state, what you did to yourself was therefore your own darnned business. For example, Edison and Robert Louis Stevenson and Sigmund Freud all shot up cocaine. So what. Their business. For Freud, it seems, cocaine was just a gateway drug. Once he graduated college, Sig gave up coke to become a serious cigar abuser. Like Twain, he is said to have smoked twenty cigars a day. A day. Sure, after sixty years of this he eventually died of cancer... at age 83. Well, not really from the cancer, actually. Nope. Shot up too much morphine and killed himself cause he didn't want to die of cancer. His business.

Twenty smoldering sotweed cylinders a day. Christ. Makes you wonder how Sig had any time left for all that crazy shid of his, like mother-fuggin Oedipus complexes and dream interpretations, and how just about every other thing you can point at is a phallic symbol. Evenwhat you point at it with.

Phallic symbols. It had to happen eventually. Some one of his students had to ask Sigmund: "Doc, you always have a cigar in your mouth. day and night... Isn't that a phallic symbol too?"

Siggy removed the phallic just long enough to remark: "Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar."

Okay. Maybe six times out of seven. Maybe a pair of Diesels, a pair of 1844s, and a pair of Partagas are just cigars But the seventh time, I mean, what's this all about, Ed Del Rio?:

Comments

• ToombesToombes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,451
    Excellent bit of Freudian history, Davis.
    Nice haul, also. Just out of curiosity, who's going to walk across the street to toast and light the foot of that thing when you smoke it?
  • webmostwebmost Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,131
    Toombes:
    Excellent bit of Freudian history, Davis.
    Nice haul, also. Just out of curiosity, who's going to walk across the street to toast and light the foot of that thing when you smoke it?
    Oh don't exaggerate. I hate exaggeration.

I figure I can just fire up the BBQ, open the sliding door through the dining room, and stand in the living room.

Have to smoke it down some before I can swing round and get it down the hall.

• raisindotraisindot Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 936
    I bet if Bill Clinton saw that one he'd say, "Damn! If I had one of those back then the impeachment would have been totally worth it!"