Home Non Cigar Related

how do you

deejmemixxdeejmemixx Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,064
tell your mother she needs to move into an assisted living home? *sigh* this Beep.. is so tough, having her live with us is great but causing major stress in my family, and is hard for us to do anything in fear of something happening while we are gone................................ rock...meet a hard place.

Comments

• pilgrimtexpilgrimtex Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 429
    big decision and one that affects everything. What are her finances. etc. Look into it well and look into the ALs for the best. Don't know you, her family etc to give you advice. Good luck and be positive. If you forget about her once she is in like so many others than may God's wrath be upon you and your family.
  • LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,603
    Sometimes depending on their situation it can be kinda easy to suggest the idea. Look into some homes around you and see what their activities, social areas and dining is like. When my grandma fell and broke her hip she refused to go into assisted living. once we found all the things that she could do there it made it easier for her to accept it. She had quite a social network within a few days and enjoyed sitting in the dining area and just being around people. Most people of the elderly persuasion have a preconceived notion that assisted living is like a prison when it is pretty much the opposite. depending on the reason as to why she is living with you they may also have physical therapy or regular medical check-ins that could ultimately improve her daily life as well. Best of luck my friend! if you find the perks and activities that would interest her and make it about her personal well-being so she doesnt feel like she is being kicked out or pawned off it could go smooth for you.
  • RhamlinRhamlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,530
    LiquidChaos66:
    Sometimes depending on their situation it can be kinda easy to suggest the idea. Look into some homes around you and see what their activities, social areas and dining is like. When my grandma fell and broke her hip she refused to go into assisted living. once we found all the things that she could do there it made it easier for her to accept it. She had quite a social network within a few days and enjoyed sitting in the dining area and just being around people. Most people of the elderly persuasion have a preconceived notion that assisted living is like a prison when it is pretty much the opposite. depending on the reason as to why she is living with you they may also have physical therapy or regular medical check-ins that could ultimately improve her daily life as well. Best of luck my friend! if you find the perks and activities that would interest her and make it about her personal well-being so she doesnt feel like she is being kicked out or pawned off it could go smooth for you.
    Thats a real tough decision brother. But there are some really nice places out there. Just do lots of homework.
  • beatnicbeatnic Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,133
    To this: I thank God for my sisters. Angels.