Home Ratings & Reviews

Serie V Melanio Maduro

beatnicbeatnic Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,133
Anyone have a chance to try this cigar yet? Know if they are available to the common man? I love both the Seri V Maduro and the regular Melanio. I'm quite curious.

http://www.casasfumando.com/oliva-serie-v-melanio-maduro-cigar-review/

Comments

• jthanatosjthanatos Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,563
    beatnic:
    Anyone have a chance to try this cigar yet? Know if they are available to the common man? I love both the Seri V Maduro and the regular Melanio. I'm quite curious.

http://www.casasfumando.com/oliva-serie-v-melanio-maduro-cigar-review/
    How did I not know about these? I am in the same boat, love the V maduro, love the Melanio. Oliva needs to stop releasing cigars I want...
  • Amos UmwhatAmos Umwhat Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,523
    OK, that's twice I've checked here, expecting one of you to tell me about this. Somebody's gonna have to smoke one. ;)
    Amos Umwhat:
    OK, that's twice I've checked here, expecting one of you to tell me about this. Somebody's gonna have to smoke one. ;)
    Have only seen them one place... that I don't think I will buy from.
  • jj20030jj20030 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,448
    jthanatos:
    Amos Umwhat:
    pm sent
  • The KidThe Kid Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,842
    jj20030:
    jthanatos:
    Amos Umwhat:
    pm sent
    OMG!!! lmao
  • jj20030jj20030 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,448
    The Kid:
    jj20030:
    jthanatos:
    Amos Umwhat:
    pm sent
    OMG!!! lmao
    pm to you too,lmfao
    jj20030:
    jthanatos:
    Amos Umwhat:
    pm sent
    Replied, thanks.
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 10,949
    Does the pricing on these appear to be a little high? Close to $12/stick..idk maybe it's just me..
    Bigshizza:
    Does the pricing on these appear to be a little high? Close to $12/stick..idk maybe it's just me..
    Seems in line with the rest of the Melanio line... Are they 50% better than the standard V's, I dunno. But I like them. The place I was hesitating on was looking for 20 per, which they are not worth to me.
  • beatnicbeatnic Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,133
    jthanatos:
    Bigshizza:
    Seems in line with the rest of the Melanio line... Are they 50% better than the standard V's, I dunno. But I like them. The place I was hesitating on was looking for 20 per, which they are not worth to me.
    Just picked up a couple from a local B&M. $14/stick. I suspect Ccom will beat this once they get the line moving.
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 10,949
    beatnic:
    jthanatos:
    Bigshizza:
    Just picked up a couple from a local B&M. $14/stick. I suspect Ccom will beat this once they get the line moving.
    Maybe we do a box split? I will look into it!
    Bigshizza:
    beatnic:
    jthanatos:
    Bigshizza:
    Maybe we do a box split? I will look into it!
    I'm curious to see how Ccom will price them. Got 2 in the box and will burn them in the coming weeks. I'll report back.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    the maddy in this line is tempting. Didn't think they were all that compared to the V however in a maddy...
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,228
    So I saw these and was intrigued till I thought about this. The melanio is a v with a Sumatra wrapper right? So wouldn't it make sense that the melanio v maduro would just be a box pressed v maduro?
    Lee.mcglynn:
    So I saw these and was intrigued till I thought about this. The melanio is a v with a Sumatra wrapper right? So wouldn't it make sense that the melanio v maduro would just be a box pressed v maduro?
    I thought Melanio was a different blend. More Jalapa if I remember the press stuff right.
    jthanatos:
    Lee.mcglynn:
    I thought Melanio was a different blend. More Jalapa if I remember the press stuff right.
    I agree. The Melanio is not like the regular Serie V. The V is all ligero. The Melanio is much less potent. Gonna smoke one tonight . will report back.
  • StrongStyleStrongStyle Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 221
    SMoked one the other day. Construction wise, cigar was perfect. Firm draw with a ton of smoke productions. The taste was different than you expect it to be. It's not a sweet maduro. Halfwheel nailed it by calling it the flavor almost like clay. I enjoyed the smoke quite a bit. I don't know if it's worth the price tag or not. I would definitely buy one, but wouldn't jump for a box.
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,228
    Had one today as well...it was better then the reg melanio but still didn't really impress me. I got a nice earthy taste at the beginning but it faded fast to a citrus twang and some what sweet notes. It is complex but all in all I'd rather have the Ortega maduro series d. And for a v I felt it was pretty medium bodied
  • CigaryCigary Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 623
    Bought a box of 10 of the Melanio V and I smoked one after a couple of weeks and it is darn good but do have my eye out for the Maduro as I love Maduros. I scored the V's for $80 for the box of 10 and we'll see about the Maduros...I won't pay more than $10 for a stick. I do see them on sale for $117 for a box of 10 for torpedos...6.5 X 52 which is in my neighborhood for pricing.
  • cacharodoncacharodon Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3
    Always smokes from $ 3.00 to 4.50 a pop, was last weekend close to Tampa and tried the Melanio series....WHAT A POP... real nice, now it is quite hard to go back to average cigars...but they are $$$$$$ for me.
  • Chuck NChuck N Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 792
    Ive been hearing good things about these. Its tempting to try them.
  • curtpickcurtpick Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,600
    Looking to buy a box soon.
  • Churchill83Churchill83 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 80
    I am currently on leave down in Gatlinburg Tennessee, and ventured into an old B&M complete with the carved wooden Indian out front. They had a couple boxes selling them at $9 a stick. I'm going to try it this evening and if good I will buy a box with the price they have set. Didn't know they were going at a high rate.