Home Ratings & Reviews

MoW Special Edition Figurado

KingoftheCoveKingoftheCove Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 908
I'm a big AJ fan, have lots of his cigars, smoked lots of his cigars, like almost everything he puts out.

Bought a box of these about 17 months ago, and last month I started smoking a few (three thus far).

Disappointed.

One was an utter turd (acrid, poor construction, barely burned, then tunneled, etc.) The other two? Meh...........leather, leather, and more leather, and that's about it as far as flavor.............smoke output seemed a bit week considering the vitola......................more meh.

(It's not my storage, etc.,................all my cigars burn and taste fine.)
Hopefully I just got really unlucky with these first three?
Anyone else underwhelmed by these?

Comments

• pokerstar22pokerstar22 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 62
    yeah i was disappointed by the smoke output and mine tunneled pretty bad.
  • Bob LukenBob Luken Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,664
    Got a box of ten (I think ten) a few weeks ago and still resting them. Sorry about yours. Hope mine are better.
  • allsmokedupallsmokedup Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 738
    If you don't like them, I'll trade you for a few. I haven't tried this and have stuff of equivalent age that you might like.Send PM if interested...
  • ddubridgeddubridge Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,949
    allsmokedup:
    If you don't like them, I'll trade you for a few. I haven't tried this and have stuff of equivalent age that you might like.Send PM if interested...
    +1. Im on board for a couple if your done trying.
  • TridentTrident Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,005
    I actually enjoy this cigar. Nice medium bodied smoke with the strong flavored ruination wrapper. Give them another shot
  • RhamlinRhamlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,530
    Are those the same figurado as the salamon? I've had 3 of them in the last year of the original and they all burned horribly and tasted like turds.
  • Russ55Russ55 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,762
    I bought a box when they first came out and they were great, fresh. Fast forward a year or two and they were trash. I don't think time/age does them well.
  • Bob LukenBob Luken Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,664
    Russ55:
    I bought a box when they first came out and they were great, fresh. Fast forward a year or two and they were trash. I don't think time/age does them well.
    Really? Then I won't bother resting these much longer then. LOL
  • KingoftheCoveKingoftheCove Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 908
    Russ55:
    oh craaap.........
    I really hope you are wrong about this........... :-(
    or......maybe, they're good "fresh", and then have that "sickness" period for a while, and then they will be great again?????

Guess I have nothing to lose......I'll try one again in a year or so.........
  • Ken LightKen Light Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,524
    KingoftheCove:
    Russ55:
    oh craaap.........
    I really hope you are wrong about this........... :-(
    or......maybe, they're good "fresh", and then have that "sickness" period for a while, and then they will be great again?????

Guess I have nothing to lose......I'll try one again in a year or so.........
    I think that sickness period only applies to fresh rolled cigars, but I could be wrong.