Home Ratings & Reviews

Is anyone else just plain done?

13»

Comments

• Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,384
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,384
    jesseliverless:
    To me, very simply put, AJF is EASILY the best cigar blender and manufacturer in the business today. I've been smoking cigars on a daily basis for 30 plus years. No one else comes even close.

What some smokers seem to forget is a simple fact, taste is 100% subjective. Smoke what you enjoy, and leave the rest. Nothing else matters.

AJF was mentored by one of the biggest legends in modern cigar history. He soaked up what he was taught and has since created one of the very" best of the best" cigar manufacturing businesses operating today. Quality, consistency, brands, variety, pricing, and availability. He's nailed them all and is now running a well oiled machine.

This of course is just my opinion, the only one that counts, to me.

Tip of the cap to AJF, my main cigar man. A true modern day legend!
  • cubbychubbycubbychubby Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 29
    CigarMan37:
    I'm curious to hear people's thought on this. Is anyone else just plain done with AJ Fernandez? The more I smoke his stuff I'm just more and more disappointed.
    In a word, yes.
  • RainRain Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 8,761
  • Gaetano7890Gaetano7890 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 771
    catfishbluezz:
    His blends have a specific kick to them, probably his secret family filler as he calls it. Either way, it tends to overpower the palate many times and is in many of his sticks. Some people like it, some do not. I used to love his stuff, but I was mistaking body for flavor, same with DPG. Now i smoke very little of either, but AJ has some fantastic blends out there. I'd say his biggest problem is he does too much cheapo internet stuff. His San Latano line is excellent, even though I am not a fan. The SL conny lance is wicked good, the Crucible was excellent, and the Phalanx is excellent as well. His blending is for the ligero lovers out there really, and fits the mold of the bold Nica profile. Guys like me find it hard to finish most of his stuff, but everyone is different, and that's the beauty and mystery of this hobby...
    This post hits the nail on the head, I myself love AJ's blends but his blends fit my Niche as I tend to enjoy the power and in my opinion no body does it better. That initial kick people refer to I love it and crave it. I def can see why people don't care for. I think some of the peoples pallets are more advanced then mine and pick up subtle flavor I don't. Catfish is one of those guys I'm working on trying to enjoy the lighter stuff maybe one day.