Home Ratings & Reviews

Forum Blend Reviews

124»

Comments

• JdoraisJdorais Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 653
    Thanks to wheelies prodding (moo) I pulled the trigger and finally tried our forum blend last night and what can I say?

IT WAS FUGGING AWESOME

It was the Sumatra and the construction was outstanding; the wrapper was dark and smooth with no flaws; it fired right up with a nice sweet and nutty flavor. There was tons of smoke and halfway through a nice subtle pepper-ness stopped in the say hi. For me this cigar was medium in strength and was a slow burner lasting 2 hours. I was reaching for my roach clip when I got to the end of this meaty cigar. Maybe tonight I'll try the Maddy.

Cheers to the forum guys and our blend! I feel so proud.
    Jeff
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    Only had the sumatra thus far, I enjoyed but didn't finish it due to the wife bugging me, looking forward to the maddy.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    Holy crap, is that the squirrel I see? Where ya been buddy?
  • rdnstnrdnstn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 991
    j0z3r:
    Holy crap, is that the squirrel I see? Where ya been buddy?
    No kidding! Where have you been Phoebs? How are you doing?
    work and the biz, getting things rolling, getting the website up, went on vacation. haven't smoked a lot of cigars lately though, but the good news they survived the hot weather! lol.
  • gmill880gmill880 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,947
    Its all I can do to keep from smoking thru these things everytime I open the humidor their in ...anybody else having this problem ...
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,961
    I am. I have held off the temptation so far though. Did I miss any updates on my little hiatus as far as the distribution on these? Are they still just going with the Sumatra?
  • LukoLuko Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,004
    gmill880:
    Its all I can do to keep from smoking thru these things everytime I open the humidor their in ...anybody else having this problem ...
    same here, I got to slow down or I'll burn through two samplers wayyyy too fast. Personally, I love both. We done good.
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,378
    Luko:
    gmill880:
    same here, I got to slow down or I'll burn through two samplers wayyyy too fast. Personally, I love both. We done good.
    I made a trade for a couple of both with someone generous enough to share - they should be coming in today or Friday. I seriously doubt I'm going to be able to hold off for very long!
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    so i smoked the maduro today. just got done in fact....

this particular cigar was damaged in transit. (this is by no means a dig on cigar.com. they did what they could do. i still am friends with cigar.com. ) there was a crush point on the cigar and the wrapper started to peel away even before it was lit. at one point it was "limping" along and it made me think of those old pictures of WWII bombers that had taken flak but were limping home with 25% of a wing missing and a hole in the body.
    much like those planes, this cigar was great. even with a flaking wrapper this cigar made it home. it still has some "bite" to it that i feel over time will age out. there was one point where there was no wrapper left, only filler and binder. even that was good. i could see how the wrapper influenced the cigar.

i will have to wait to try the sumatra but im hyped up about that.

• kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    i just smoked the forum blend sumatra.

i also think this needs more rest.

i think that this is also a solid cigar. however, i like the taste of the maduro better. i feel that the maduro wrapper works better with the honduran binder. IMHO
  • tshawtshaw Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 178
    does anyone know if there is a way to get a hold of these anymore? i remember when we all put our say in a couple months ago, than i took about a 2 month break, came back on and it looks like i missed the boat!
  • Rob1110Rob1110 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,454
    find someone who's nice enough to send some to you or trade or just wait until they go into production and get released. Alex said this would be the first of many forum blends. I remember him mentioning $90 per box with only 100 boxes of each blend being made. I think he said this one would be available sometime around Dec, or Jan, which is also when we're supposed to start voting on the next blend.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    Now, I'm not a big fan of Winter living in Chicago, but this makes me look forward to January.
    About done with the maduro, WOW I really enjoyed it. When are these being released again for box purchases? I will definitely buy a box of the maduro if they are cheap enough, a great cigar.
    Yeah, what is the status of these? Are they still planning on only releasing the Sumatra or are they going to produce the Maduro as well?
  • tankbonniestankbonnies Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 191
    Hi heard they won't be ready till Dec/Jan......I hope they sell them in sample packs as well as boxes.....I've smoked a few of the sample pack...but don't want to burn through all of them before Jan...
  • jeff_connorsjeff_connors Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 483
    Is Ccom offering them on the website or how do I get a hold of some?
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,294
    Gentleman, from what I remember these are going to be available in boxes only and should be available sometime in January. Now, I am not sure which size and blend is going to be available. I thought I remember torpedo being the size but as for blend not sure if it is going to be one or both.
    rwheelwright:
    Gentleman, from what I remember these are going to be available in boxes only and should be available sometime in January. Now, I am not sure which size and blend is going to be available. I thought I remember torpedo being the size but as for blend not sure if it is going to be one or both.

They were originally saying the Somatra but there was an uproar for the Maduro so I have not heard any one say for sure but January is correct in boxes only. Maybe Alex can shed some light on this !!! I would love for them to do both especially the Maduro since there was a large amount of love for them !!!
  • tankbonniestankbonnies Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 191
    Well I hope that the Sumatra is the one they are producing....If they are sellling that one, I'll buy a box of that...if not, I'm buying a box of those Diesel's.......I love that cigar...
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,294
    tankbonnies:
    Well I hope that the Sumatra is the one they are producing....If they are sellling that one, I'll buy a box of that...if not, I'm buying a box of those Diesel's.......I love that cigar...
    I would geta box of the Sumatra and I have some friends who would especially if the price is right. A majority of my friends liked the Sumatra better than the Maduro.
    Here we go again.....
    maduro is better....
  • laker1963laker1963 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,046
    phobicsquirrel:
    maduro is better....
    I have enjoyed both sticks about the same. I hope they do both up again, but either way I love them both so I can't lose. :)
  • SmokeRingSmokeRing Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 61
    looking forward to the production run on these. I was in on the initial design but have been gone from the forum for a while. I was bummed, thinking that I had missed an opprotunity to try them. Good to know I might get the chance!
    phobicsquirrel:
    maduro is better....

+ 1
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,378
    I had the sumatra yesterday - really, really good. I've got one left of each that I'll wait on for a bit longer.