Home Non Cigar Related

Opening day......

Darth VaderDarth Vader Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 219
Of dove season. 870 in one hand and a Under crown in the other........

Comments

• roland_7707roland_7707 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,647
    Make sure you lead them a little. Have fun and be safe.
  • bbass2bbass2 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,056
    I've never been dove hunting but it sounds like a blast.
  • james40james40 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,450
    That's my first shotgun. 870 express all black 28" barrel. I own with that gun. Have fun James.
  • LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,603
    I get an image of someone setting up a duck blind off to the side of a stage. A magician comes out and does his tricks. Poof a dove comes out of his sleeve and BANGBANGBANG!!!!! Dove dead... Magician injured and children's sense of magic destroyed! Lmao!!!!
  • perkinkeperkinke Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,562
    LiquidChaos66:
    I get an image of someone setting up a duck blind off to the side of a stage. A magician comes out and does his tricks. Poof a dove comes out of his sleeve and BANGBANGBANG!!!!! Dove dead... Magician injured and children's sense of magic destroyed! Lmao!!!!
    That's pretty twisted, but it cracked me up so who am I to say? ;)
  • raisindotraisindot Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 936
    Are they a challenge at all?

The ones in my yard (mourning doves, essentially a prettier pigeon) are just about the stupidest and laziest birds in the world. They'll do just about anything to not to have to fly. I could easily capture any of them with my hands, but I wouldn't want to get near the filthy things.
  • clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,750
    I hear the Dove season is gonna be even better than the great season they had in Atlanta back in 1996!!!
  • macs-smokesmacs-smokes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 585
    raisindot:

The ones in my yard (mourning doves, essentially a prettier pigeon) are just about the stupidest and laziest birds in the world. They'll do just about anything to not to have to fly. I could easily capture any of them with my hands, but I wouldn't want to get near the filthy things.

I use dove season to make sure I don't miss during pheasant and quail season. If you can kill and find a dove you can do replicate that with anything.
  • macs-smokesmacs-smokes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 585
  • Amos UmwhatAmos Umwhat Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,523
    raisindot:

I don't hunt them myself, but I'm smack in the middle of everyone who does, and you'd be surprised, I was, once they figure somethings after them I don't think they fly more than 2 ft. in a straight line. They're some dip dive and dodge kind of birds. Taste good, too, both teaspoonfuls. I've got to bring home more than that to get interested myself. Got about 20 turkeys roosting on the property though, hmmm.......
  • clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,750
    Amos Umwhat:
    raisindot:

I don't hunt them myself, but I'm smack in the middle of everyone who does, and you'd be surprised, I was, once they figure somethings after them I don't think they fly more than 2 ft. in a straight line. They're some dip dive and dodge kind of birds. Taste good, too, both teaspoonfuls. I've got to bring home more than that to get interested myself. Got about 20 turkeys roosting on the property though, hmmm.......
    Mmmmmmmm......turkey