Home Pipes

C&D Pirate Kake

Amos UmwhatAmos Umwhat Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,523
Just got some of this, haven't smoked any yet, and I wanted to ask if anyone's had experience with it? Do you leave it as a "Kake", like with flake tobacco, or do you break it up, rub it out into a humidor? Lighting a pipe of it now, first draw is pretty good. I think I'll like it.

Comments

• J.S.J.S. Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 751
    Pirate Kake is great! You have to really like lat. but I keep some of it on hand all the time. I crumble it up, that is the easiest way and it gives the most flavor IMO. I store it in the Kake form and just crumble as I go. It comes pretty dry but I still give it a few minutes air time before I pack and light. It will smoke all the way to the bottom! I hope you like it as much as I do.
  • Amos UmwhatAmos Umwhat Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,523
    First bowl was nice. I'll keep smoking it in that pipe for awhile, see how that goes. Opened it into a plastic humidor, an old Prince Albert can. Crumble as you go should work out well. Thanks.
    Should have added that because it is a lat. bomb take care of the pipe(s) you smoke it in. When I started smoking it I smoked it exclusively in a churchwarden designated for lat. It still ghosted heavy enough that it required a complete cleaning. Every other blend in it just had overpowering lat. I could not taste Orientals until it was throughly cleaned.
  • Amos UmwhatAmos Umwhat Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,523
    I'm going to have to buy a "Non Latakia" pipe. I've got one I smoke exclusively the Captain Black Royal, all the others are....Latified?
    I hear you! Lat. is a beautiful thing. I do like VA's especially VA/Bur so I have a couple of pipes just for that. Everything else is latified as you say, lol.