Home Cigar 101

Infused Cigars

macs-smokesmacs-smokes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 585
Now I am not trying to start the debate on them again... but as a realitivly new hobbyist I will say that yes I have had an Acid or two... like probably everyone on this forum have had the Swisher Sweet. But for my time I have been enjoying the different flavors that are found in the blends.
If I were hanging out with my buddies and one of them handed me an infused stick ya I would smoke it... I would also be comparing it to the amazing sticks that I have tried. (Thanks in part to this community). Just my $.02. Have a great day to all.

Comments

• kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    probably. they arent horrible. acid cigars are decent and not overbearing. they just are not my cup of tea. i know i dont and wont buy them but i am usually not one to turn down hospitality.
  • No_one21No_one21 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,962
    Yea I tried an Acid Opulence 3 the other night during a v-herf. Interesting, and I definitely wanted to test them out. However, I don't think I will buy any again. Not really my thing, but if given to me or if they were part of a sampler with great other sticks I certainly wouldn't throw them out.
  • Gino USMCGino USMC Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 127
    I went through an Acid phase. The only one I still like is the Nasty. I have a few Acids in my small humi and them at BBQs and what not.
  • jgibvjgibv Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,996
    Comparing infused to non-infused is like comparing apples to oranges, IMO.
    They're all cigars --- but in two different categories.

I know which infused cigars I like and dislike, just as I know which "non-infused" cigars I like and dislike.
    I keep a small humi just for infused smokes --- I'll enjoy a coffee-infused (Java, DE Tabak, etc.) or CAO Moontrance every now and then .... but if I offered one to a friend and they turned it down, I wouldn't be offended.
    Not everyone likes them, and that's fine by me.
  • 0patience0patience Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,767
    Are you looking for infused or sweet cigars?

There are plenty of sweet cigars that are different than infused cigars.
    Fuente Hemmingways and a lot of cameroons are sweet to the taste.
    Baccarats have a sweetened tip.

• macs-smokesmacs-smokes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 585
    Not looking... just voicing an opinion. I have seen the infused getting bashed. Again not trying to rehash an age old argument. I would rather learn more about the natural flavors than something to add a flavor.

I have enjoyed the Cameroons that I have tried. And that is the point I am making about my decision. Different blends with even the same tobaccos just changing the ratios, ring gauge and the flavors change.
  • Bob LukenBob Luken Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,664
    I had one ACID one time back before I knew very much of anything about cigars. I didn't like it. Not sure which one it was. It had a blue shiny band. I'm not planning on it but I'd try infused again. But I'd probably rely on some of the recommendations listed here on the forums.
  • Amos UmwhatAmos Umwhat Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,523
    Bob Luken:
    I had one ACID one time back before I knew very much of anything about cigars. I didn't like it. Not sure which one it was. It had a blue shiny band. I'm not planning on it but I'd try infused again. But I'd probably rely on some of the recommendations listed here on the forums.
    Kuba Kuba? I had 1, I liked the red banded Liquid better.
  • Bob LukenBob Luken Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,664
    Amos Umwhat:
    Bob Luken:
    Kuba Kuba? I had 1, I liked the red banded Liquid better.
    I'm not sure if it was a Kuba Kuba.. I took a quick look at their line-up and wondered if it might have been a "Blondie". All this talk about infused might make me want to try some after all.
  • perkinkeperkinke Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,562
    I bought an Acid sampler quite a while back and just haven't gotten around to trying any of them, for some reason I just haven't been in the right mood yet.
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,961
    Every once in a while I'll feel like a coffee infused cigar; something like a Kopi Luwak, Java, Isla del Sol, etc. Other than those, the only infused cigars that I kinda dig are the Copper Label and Sweet Jane. I know they say they aren't infused, but the Natural line was always pretty good as well.
  • New BootsNew Boots Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,634
    Just to bring up old stuff

I've had a Kuba Kuba, it was ok but not amazing

I did just order a coffee infusion sampler. Those I've had, and...in the morning, with a hot mug of coffee...Blargle thats good
  • dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,519
    New Boots:
    Just to bring up old stuff

I've had a Kuba Kuba, it was ok but not amazing

I did just order a coffee infusion sampler. Those I've had, and...in the morning, with a hot mug of coffee...Blargle thats good

have you had a isla del sol or java mocha yet? Killer with some dark seattle style coffee

Aj
    Ordered 2 each:

Isla del Sol, Tabak Especial Cafe con Leche, Tabak Especial Red Eye, and Tabak Especial

Previously all I've tried is the Cafe con Leche
  • dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,519
    I like them i hope you do too, just stay away from solo cafe, there not so good at all!

• CigaryCigary Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 623
    Infused cigars are just like anything else...a matter of taste. I remember when Hav A Tampas...Tiajuna Smalls...Swisher Sweets and etc. were all the rage and they had their own unique taste profiles...I liked them so I smoked a good share of them. Once I started smoking premium cigars with great tasting tobacco profiles I stopped smoking the infused type of cigar....it's just about our own tastes. If you like em...smoke em up.
  • firetruckguyfiretruckguy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,484
    I likes me a Red Eye.........
  • 90+ Irishman90+ Irishman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,868
    firetruckguy:
    Lol the Drink or the cigar brother? :P
    90+ Irishman:
    firetruckguy:

or the gravy?
    New Boots:
    90+ Irishman:
    firetruckguy:

or the gravy?
    Why not smoke a red eye while drinking a red eye and eating a plate of ham with red eye gravy...???!!

^^^^^^
    Breakfast of champions.
  • 90+ Irishman90+ Irishman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,868
    jgibv:
    New Boots:
    90+ Irishman:
    firetruckguy:

or the gravy?
    Why not smoke a red eye while drinking a red eye and eating a plate of ham with red eye gravy...???!!

^^^^^^
    Breakfast of champions.
    ^ ^ ^ ^ Winning
  • PAtoNHPAtoNH Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 430
    I didn't care for the Kuba Kuba or the Blondie Belicoso. I like to pair my cigars with either bourbon, porto or marsalla and the sweetness was either overwhelming or incompatible with the drink. I was anxious that they might impart their flavor to my humi so I smoked 'em pronto.

I am curious about the coffee infused and may try a few of those at some point.
    I just got some red eyes! HUH!? HUH?!
  • brianetz1brianetz1 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,898
    90+ Irishman:
    jgibv:
    New Boots:
    90+ Irishman:
    firetruckguy:

or the gravy?

^^^^^^
    Breakfast of champions.
    ^ ^ ^ ^ Winning
    ^^^^^ SHITTING!!!!
    brianetz1:
    90+ Irishman:
    jgibv:
    New Boots:
    90+ Irishman:
    firetruckguy:

or the gravy?

^^^^^^
    Breakfast of champions.
    ^ ^ ^ ^ Winning
    ^^^^^ SHITTING!!!!
    surprised jiunn hasn't commented on this yet .... lol
  • jd50aejd50ae Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,109
    Going through my Acid sampler as we speak.
    My wife likes the the smell of the Nasty, decent burn rate and holds the ash well. So far not bad. I like the C-Notes even though they burn really fast. The Blondie is way too sweet and burns very fast.