Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

Pony Express Pass

Bob LukenBob Luken Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,664

ORIGINAL POST: The theme of this pass is speed. Keep the pass moving fast. You essentially pledge to ship the pass back out the day after it reaches you, while still providing pictures of your takes and puts.

If you can actually get it back on the road the same day you receive it, even better, you're a hero.

If you move too slow, we'll treat you like a wet dog at a parlor social.

Nothing too fancy. Basic ccom merchandise. You must be on the good traders list and have a minimum of 100 posts.

I DO NOT expect or want anyone to use "next day" or even "2nd day" shipping or anything above what we normally use. Just so long as you post a tracking number.

It's not about how fast the post office ships it. It's about how fast you can get the package back on the road to the next guy in the pass.

UPDATED PASS ORDER as of 10/27/13 2:15PM central (Subject to change)
SleevePlz
TheHilk
CigarMan37
allsmokedup
Tyland64
------------
Bobbo2009
onestrangeone
Bob Luken

The pass is closed.

EDIT: (Pass Rules review again because I forgot some stuff I should have mentioned in the beginning)

Take 3 or 4 cigars from the pass and put an equal number from your supply back.

Post pics of your takes and puts.

Since I'm posting a picture of the pass as it began from me to Tony, all you'll need to do is post pictures of your takes and puts.

Seriously, I don't need any extra cigars so don't go crazy with the puts.

And post your tracking numbers promptly.

If you have any problems or questions let me know.

Comments

• Tyland64Tyland64 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 714
    Big Bob, count me in. I like the challenge
  • Bob LukenBob Luken Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,664
    OK I have one who's willing.
  • ddubridgeddubridge Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,949
    It will go pretty quick with one person.
    Forgot to mention restrictions. Participants must be on the good traders list and have a minimum of 100 posts.
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,408
    I'm neighbors with my local PO (literally), so I'm sure I can make this happen. Count me in! Any chance I could go first???
    ddubridge:
    It will go pretty quick with one person.
    Baaahahaha!
    Sorry, I think I should have made something clear. I DO NOT expect or want anyone to ship "next day" priority or anything above what we normally use. Just so long as there's a tracking number that you can post. It's not about how fast the post office ships it. It's about how fast you can get the package back on the road to the next guy in the pass.
    So. Does my idea for this pass really suck? You can tell me.
  • danielruasdanielruas Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 778
    I think its a really cool idea actually, I just don't have enough confidence to say I can get to a PO next day, lots of days I go into work before they open and leave after they close, if not I would totally have participated.
    Yeah, maybe it was too demanding. After all, cigars are supposed to relax us.
  • allsmokedupallsmokedup Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 738
    Doesn't sound too crazy... I'll play if you'll have me.
    Cool. Thanks. I've still only got three besides me. Maybe I'll wait a bit longer to see if any others want to get in.
    SleevePlz:
    I'm neighbors with my local PO (literally), so I'm sure I can make this happen. Count me in! Any chance I could go first???
    I will Definitely put you first in line :)
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,408
    Bob Luken:
    SleevePlz:
    Cool, thanks, I appreciate it. I'd like to get this started right! Come on guys, most of you end up shipping passes the next day without any prodding (as it should be). Let's take this opportunity to blow the crap out of Michael. Who's with me?!
    WTF? Blow the crap outta me? Naw that ain't the object of the game. Hey! Just thought of something. If we had enough participants to split into two teams we could race to see which pass goes fastest.
  • onestrangeoneonestrangeone Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,423
    Okay count me in, The local Po has a Kiosk and I need to blow up something!
    SleevePlz:
    Bob Luken:
    SleevePlz:
    Cool, thanks, I appreciate it. I'd like to get this started right! Come on guys, most of you end up shipping passes the next day without any prodding (as it should be). Let's take this opportunity to blow the crap out of Michael. Who's with me?!
    I heard a rumor that Michael has a couple of Unused Humi's laying around!
  • buckeyecigarbuckeyecigar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 500
    I love it. I'm in
    onestrangeone:
    SleevePlz:
    Bob Luken:
    SleevePlz:
    No. No. No. You guys will get it right back. . Especially you OSO. I owe you payback already.
    Bob Luken:
    onestrangeone:
    SleevePlz:
    Bob Luken:
    SleevePlz:
    No. No. No. You guys will get it right back. . Especially you OSO. I owe you payback already.
    What, Me? I'm innocent!
    onestrangeone:
    Bob Luken:
    onestrangeone:
    SleevePlz:
    Bob Luken:
    SleevePlz:
    What, Me? I'm innocent!
    Yeah, sure. You're innocent. Really? (How come I got your return address off a piece of scraplnel?)
    There's still plenty of room for more riders.
    Here's the lineup so far:
    SleevePlz
    Tyland64
    allsmokedup
    onestrangeone
    buckeyecigar
    Bob Luken
  • Bobbo2009Bobbo2009 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 843
    Count me in if you need another. I haven't gotten in on anything around here in a long time. Plus, I seem to end up at the PO alomost every day the past few months!

Rob
    Welcome Bobbo.

Current list of riders:
    SleevePlz
    Tyland64
    allsmokedup
    onestrangeone
    buckeyecigar
    Bobbo2009
    Bob Luken
    The pass is still open.
  • CigarMan37CigarMan37 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 432
    I get things out in a timely manner, I'll be in.
    Welcome Chris.

Current (updated) list of riders:
    SleevePlz
    Tyland64
    allsmokedup
    onestrangeone
    buckeyecigar
    Bobbo2009
    CigarMan37
    Bob Luken
    The pass is still open.
  • thehilkthehilk Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,015
    Jeff's here! Yeah!

Current (updated) list of riders:
    SleevePlz
    Tyland64
    allsmokedup
    onestrangeone
    buckeyecigar
    Bobbo2009
    CigarMan37
    TheHilk

Bob Luken

The pass is still open.
    Need your addys for the Pass.

If everyone's willing, PM me all your addy's and I can coordinate the forwarding of addresses and be better able to adjust to any glitches or unexpected changes in pass order later on down the line.

If you won't send me your addy, then you alone are responsible for getting the address of the guy that comes after you and also sending your addy to the guy that will be shipping to you.

Current PASS ORDER: (Subject to change)
    SleevePlz
    Tyland64
    TheHilk
    CigarMan37
    allsmokedup
    buckeyecigar
    Bobbo2009
    onestrangeone
    Bob Luken

• allsmokedupallsmokedup Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 738
    Since the theme is "Pony Express",optimize the package route so that it travels faster and for shorter intervals. The USPS doesn't need any help shipping slowly and the longer it's in their system, the more likely it is that they'll bungle something.