Home Non Cigar Related

baseball talk

danielzreyesdanielzreyes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,739
Some crazy moves going on this off season.

Comments

• New BootsNew Boots Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,634
    Baseball is just filler for when it's not football or basketball time.
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,739
    Just filler? Just filler?!?!?!?! Damn you Uggs!
    Guys getting paid 100M+ contracts, just to suck...or cry because they have a hangnail....
  • variant2variant2 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 351
    Man, I wish A-Rod was only a 100M contract.
    variant2:
    Ahh Nick. I see you're a Yankee fan. Something must smell really awful there because your big players are leaving.
    danielzreyes:
    variant2:
    Ahh Nick. I see you're a Yankee fan. Something must smell really awful there because your big players are leaving.
    What...who....Cano? Eh, Robbie could throw at first base but had a problem getting onto it. He's going for the big $$$ so I don't mind seeing him go.

I'm sad to see Mo retire though.

• big chunksbig chunks Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,607
    Seattle really surprised me today
    variant2:
    danielzreyes:
    variant2:
    What...who....Cano? Eh, Robbie could throw at first base but had a problem getting onto it. He's going for the big $$$ so I don't mind seeing him go.

well, C.Granderson is gone now too.
    danielzreyes:
    variant2:
    danielzreyes:
    variant2:

well, C.Granderson is gone now too.
    Yep, I liked Granderson. At least he's still playing for a NY team.
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,408
    Have to say that I'm not terribly sorry to see Fielder's contract head south. More money for the pitchers!
    SleevePlz:
    Have to say that I'm not terribly sorry to see Fielder's contract head south. More money for the pitchers!
    I am now scared of that big man
  • ddubridgeddubridge Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,949
    danielzreyes:
    SleevePlz:
    I am now scared of that big man
    What about Mister Fister? And why the h3ll did we resign Coke!
  • Glock1975Glock1975 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,372
    So the Sox get rid of Salty, and pay double for a aged catcher who is no better. Hmmmmm
  • LeftOversLeftOvers Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 152
    I don't get it
  • webmostwebmost Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,131
    Halliday is hanging 'em up.
    If your team is on the NL west (except the DBacks). Be afraid ... be very afraid.
  • RainRain Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 8,761
    Uh...no. Every park except for Arizona is a pitchers park.
    Rain:
    I hope you didn't buy a Matt Kemp jersey. Just sayin ........... maybe anyways
    danielzreyes:
    Rain:
    I hope you didn't buy a Matt Kemp jersey. Just sayin ........... maybe anyways
    I learned my lesson after Manny.
  • blutattooblutattoo Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,100
    I can't see why on earth they would trade him. If healthy he is as good as anyone in the league. Legit MVP candidate. Better than any of the other guys in the outfield including Puig.

Don't forgot Colorado ain't no pitchers park either. I could hit a wiffle ball out of that stadium.
    Raul Ibanez?!?!?! Wtf?!?!!?
  • bandyt09bandyt09 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,762
    danielzreyes:
    You don't like this signing? What part don't you like? The 20 HR's, 80 -90 RBI's, .275 BA all for the bargain price of $2.75 million? I think this is a steal as we paid Josh Hamilton $25 million for the same numbers last year. Besides, Raul is a great veteran presence in the clubhouse. What's the down side? He sucks it up and gets cut? Really, no money lost here. This is totally an upside deal.
    bandyt09:
    danielzreyes:
    You don't like this signing? What part don't you like? The 20 HR's, 80 -90 RBI's, .275 BA all for the bargain price of $2.75 million? I think this is a steal as we paid Josh Hamilton $25 million for the same numbers last year. Besides, Raul is a great veteran presence in the clubhouse. What's the down side? He sucks it up and gets cut? Really, no money lost here. This is totally an upside deal.
    Im just surprised really. The mentally of the Angels franchise has totally changed. They used to be all about the young prospects. Now theyre all about big names to bring in big bucks. It really reminds me of when they signed Hideki Matsui.
  • bandyt09bandyt09 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,762
    danielzreyes:
    bandyt09:
    danielzreyes:
    Im just surprised really. The mentally of the Angels franchise has totally changed. They used to be all about the young prospects. Now theyre all about big names to bring in big bucks. It really reminds me of when they signed Hideki Matsui.
    I hear you. However, Stoneman and Reagins depleted the young prospects so they have to fill and patch. The Angels are rebuilding their minor league guys but still a year or two away. We do have some young guys that aren't far away so singing Ibanez to a one year deal is smart. Personally, I like the Ibanez signing better than either the CJ Wilson or Hamilton signings, even in the overall picture, better than Pujols. Texas really has the Angels numbers when it comes to signing Rangers players coming off career years (-Gary Matthews and CJ) and then sticking it to us with Hamilton. If that is the case, why didn't we get Michael Young 3 years ago when we could have used a quality 3rd baseman / utility guy that could actually hit.

On a side note, the Angels and the rest of the AL West will be playing for the Wild Card anyway because I think Oakland has improved immensely and will win the division.
    Michael Young can hit? With LAD this year, he had 10 playoff plate appearances and made nine outs, as well as hitting in to two double plays in the same playoff game, despite not entering the game til the 8th inning. He DID hit .300 in 50 regular season plate appearances.......with three extra-base hits and one walk. Batting average is overrated.