Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

icy roads

webmostwebmost Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,131
Methinks the posting office, fedex, and ups are prolly all in the same boat this Christmas season. There's so much ice slippering up so many roads and runways clear across this great country of ours that there appears to be a one or two day delay on everything we are sending anywhere. Two day priority takes from three days to a week. One sent over a week ago is still in transit. A two day package to Utah took five. And last night about 9:30, a couple UPS trucks parked tail to tail in the street in front of our house, one tossing boxes into the other. We surmised so that the other could help the one finish up. Then I see a brown truck rumbling by at daybreak today. Long hours, these guys. So many cigar bombs; so much ice; too many nimble trees ready to jump out front of their vans.

So, patience, good wishes, and overtime pay to all the scurrying couriers this season. Hope they can stay out of the ditch long enough to deliver our swag.

Which reminds me: Anyone heard from R Hamlin who posted pics of pushing barges thru blizzard? Hope he made it home.

Comments

• LeftOversLeftOvers Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 152
  • dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,519
    i am worried this will be a bit of an issue, i really hope santa can get my goods out there on time... if not hopefully Krampus can get through the snow.... i just hope i dont have to explain why im late for the festivus exchange.

Aj
  • jd50aejd50ae Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,109
    YEP....Normal 3 day is taking 4 to 5 days. If it wasn't for the kind generosity of this community I would be having withdrawals.
  • webmostwebmost Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,131
    Brown brought us a package at 8:30 last night and another one at 6:15 this morning! That right there, that is one long work day, time you head in and out of the depot.

I tell you, between the internet and these delivery champs, I dunno why anyone elbows their way thru the mall these days. The wife got a snowman mailbox cover this morning. How many miles would you have to drive to how many gifte shoppes to find that? I got two boxes of cigars from FX Smith. I'd have to drive two and a half hours on icy back roads to get there.

Trying to figure a way to give back to our delivery guys. If we left out milk and cookies they wouldn't have the time to stop and enjoy. If I took a fruit basket to their depot the desk crew would probably point to some anti-terrorist regulation which prohibits them from accepting it. Last Christmas, I sent a package full of snacks and candies to Marisol to hand out to the phone bank at cigar.com. This year, I'd like to gift the other end of this equation. They come and go so fast you don't have a chance to hand them a sack of candy canes. Hard to catch them

Any ideas how to lay some goodies on these guys?

• macs-smokesmacs-smokes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 585
    For brown... if they are not on a semi regular schedule... no... but our guy from brown is there about 45 minutes after I get home ... about 4 times a week .. so I can catch him. Our neighbor has a boat load of deliveries.