Home Non Cigar Related

I think my dog is an alcoholic...

Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,182
So... here I am sitting in the living room watching the Pens game and nursing a cold Dogfish 90 when my little Shih Tzu mix starts dancing around and scratching at my knee. My son recently gave her a taste of his beer and I believe the poor thing is hooked! Is there a 12 step group for dogs?

Comments

• kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    Just a little heads up there Dougie, Alcohol is one of the WORST things to give a dog. Alcohol even in small doses can be life threatening to dogs. Better tell your son, kids may think that's funny it can have a bad result.
  • RainRain Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 8,761
    Grapes too! Found that out the hard way.
  • jd50aejd50ae Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,109
    ...and chocolate.
  • Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,182
    kaspera79:
    Just a little heads up there Dougie, Alcohol is one of the WORST things to give a dog. Alcohol even in small doses can be life threatening to dogs. Better tell your son, kids may think that's funny it can have a bad result.

Thanks for the alert. Knew about grapes and chocolate, but didn't realize a sip of beer could be dangerous.

I guess teaching her to smoke cigars would be right out of the question.
  • firetruckguyfiretruckguy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,484
    And sugarless gum, That one cost me 1K
    Add to the list, Onions, garlic, (even in a powder form such as on chips) avocados, raw eggs, and artificial sweeteners that are often found in other foods. Apple seeds, Rhubarb, coffee/caffeine, AND tobacco is also bad for dogs. It causes distress to the digestive and nervous systems of dogs as well as increasing their heart rates. Assuming they ingest it and not smoke it. I think bacon is still okay..
    firetruckguy:
    And sugarless gum, That one cost me 1K
    Right, this causes an over-release of insulin, and possible kidney failure. Got to be careful with artificial sweeteners because they are in so many foods.
  • Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,182
    kaspera79:
    Add to the list, Onions, garlic, (even in a powder form such as on chips) avocados, raw eggs, and artificial sweeteners that are often found in other foods. Apple seeds, Rhubarb, coffee/caffeine, AND tobacco is also bad for dogs. It causes distress to the digestive and nervous systems of dogs as well as increasing their heart rates. Assuming they ingest it and not smoke it. I think bacon is still okay..

Thank goodness BACON is still OK! Poor creatures wouldn't have a any good stuff left! :^)
  • New BootsNew Boots Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,634
    I had a beagle who was a ninja drunk....left your drink down low? dont worry, its empty.....she made it through it...but ive seen many a dog very sick/die from it. cant say im innocent though