Home Non Cigar Related

Shaving...

2»

Comments

• jadeltjadelt Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 766
    Anyone ever tried Harry's (www.harrys.com) or Dorco (www.dorcousa.com) ? Harrys looks cool but expensive. Dorco looks cheep and it is. Just want an alternative to my Fusion Power.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    jadelt:
    Anyone ever tried Harry's (www.harrys.com) or Dorco (www.dorcousa.com) ? Harrys looks cool but expensive. Dorco looks cheep and it is. Just want an alternative to my Fusion Power.
    i have tried Dorco blades in my DE razor. I didnt like them. however i have never tried their cartridge style blade. i dont like that style razor. they seem to chew my face up.
  • 90+ Irishman90+ Irishman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,868
    I'm looking at picking up a straight razor Dovo soon, board hair brush and soap and strap. I learned on a straight razor and have been missing it ever since I lost access to one. It's the time and ritual of the setup and shave and all of the intricate pieces of it that make me enjoy straight razor shaving more than any other style. Much like a cigar for me, it forces me to slow down and enjoy the experience instead of rushing through.
    90+ Irishman:
    I'm looking at picking up a straight razor Dovo soon, board hair brush and soap and strap. I learned on a straight razor and have been missing it ever since I lost access to one. It's the time and ritual of the setup and shave and all of the intricate pieces of it that make me enjoy straight razor shaving more than any other style. Much like a cigar for me, it forces me to slow down and enjoy the experience instead of rushing through.
    thats exactly why i like DE shaving. Just with less of a chance of me cutting off my face.
  • twistedstemtwistedstem Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,691
    while ago the wife bought me a whole shaving kit from a place called The Art of Shaving.came with a brush ,shaving soap,lotions and all that jazz.kinda became a whole old school experienc and i love it!! image
  • twistedstemtwistedstem Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,691
    twistedstem:
    while ago the wife bought me a whole shaving kit from a place called The Art of Shaving.came with a brush ,shaving soap,lotions and all that jazz.kinda became a whole old school experienc and i love it!! image
    or like this.... shaving like a boss photo: SHAVING DeMotivational176.jpg
  • roland_7707roland_7707 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,647
    West coast shaving.com has some great stuff.
  • Thanatos0320Thanatos0320 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 444
    They really do have good stuff but they always seem to be out of straight razors and a few other things
  • taythegibstaythegibs Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,024
    kuzi16:
    jadelt:
    i have tried Dorco blades in my DE razor. I didnt like them. however i have never tried their cartridge style blade. i dont like that style razor. they seem to chew my face up.
    X2 on their de blades. I had several from different lots and IF I was able to get a decent shave out of one it would only last a couple of shaves before it was deadly dull.
  • roland_7707roland_7707 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,647
    Kuzi, have you tried the Taylor Of Old Bond Street shave soap?
    nope. i use Tobac almost exclusively.
  • jd50aejd50ae Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,109
    0patience:
    Rain:
    Mach 5.Shaving is lame. They had beards in the Civil War, so give me a break. As Hays says..."There are two kinds of people in this world that go around beardless — boys and women — and I am neither one."
    Uhm. Evidently, he never had a run in with an American Indian.
    I'm native american, so growing a beard for me is next to impossible.
    I can get a "goatee" to grow, but it is so thin and scraggly that I pretty much stick to only have a mustache.
    No hair grows on my face other than my upper lip and chin.
    My wife gave me a bad time, because after my sister passed away, I refused to shave. It wasn't pretty. LOL!
    I finally shaved it off, but it gave me a full understanding of how I'm never going to be able to grow a beard.

I envy you your heritage. I absolutely hate shaving. I will go weeks and then use an electric. Sometimes after the electric I will use my Gillette vibrating shaver and shaving cream for sensitive skin. I hate it.
  • jd50aejd50ae Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,109
    My family has a history of hating shaving.

• webmostwebmost Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,131
    Winter like this one, you appreciate the natural and organic balaclava.