Home Non Cigar Related

Tablet to TV?

RainRain Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 8,761
A few days ago, my wife accidentally did something to her tablet that made our TV display all her pictures.I'd like to have my TV show my tablet display, but my tablet does not have an HDMI port. What are my options? I've looked around online, and the only one I've found is to get some kind of converter.

Comments

• brianetz1brianetz1 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,898
    did she have an ipad and that TV have a apple tv hooked up to it?

What kind of tablet do you have?
  • jgibvjgibv Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,996
    Rain:
    A few days ago, my wife accidentally did something to her tablet that made our TV display all her pictures.I'd like to have my TV show my tablet display, but my tablet does not have an HDMI port. What are my options? I've looked around online, and the only one I've found is to get some kind of converter.
    Lots of ways to do what you want to do.....just depends on what hardware you have and getting everything to "play nice" together.
    Need more info.

Was your wife's tablet "plugged in" to the TV or did she do this wirelessly?

Are you and your wife using the same tablet?
    If not, what type of tablet do you have?

Is the TV you have a "smart TV" and/or hooked up to the internet?
    If not, do you have any other internet-enabled devices connected to the TV (like a Roku, game system, etc?)
  • RainRain Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 8,761
    Looking back, I left out a lot of info! Sorry.We both have Samsung Galaxy 3 tablets. Our TV is SHARP, it's like five years old so not a smart TV. It was done wirelessly, but the TV is hooked up to an xbox, which in turn has the wireless internet adapter and is connected to the internet.
    Rain:
    Looking back, I left out a lot of info! Sorry.We both have Samsung Galaxy 3 tablets. Our TV is SHARP, it's like five years old so not a smart TV. It was done wirelessly, but the TV is hooked up to an xbox, which in turn has the wireless internet adapter and is connected to the internet.
    Hmm...ok I'm getting a better picture.
    Do you have a home PC running windows too?? (It doesn't have to be hooked up to the TV)

EDIT: If so, do you know --- were these pictures stored on her tablet? Or were they stored on the computer? And she was just "controlling them" with her tablet....
    We do have a computer running windows and it is hooked up to the internet. I'm the only on that uses it, so her pictures are not on it. She says the pictures were from her tablet.
    Rain:
    We do have a computer running windows and it is hooked up to the internet. I'm the only on that uses it, so her pictures are not on it. She says the pictures were from her tablet.
    (BTW I assumed it was an X360, not Xbone?)

Because I know you can view pictures from a tablet on a 360, I've never been able to do it with mine though since iPad isn't compatible....
    But I bet that somehow her tablet and xbox got "synced up" .... check out this article for more info. http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/system/view-pictures-or-slideshow
    So I bet she was going *tablet -> Xbox*

The other thing I was thinking is that if you were running windows media center on your PC, and had the xbox set up as an "windows media extender"....but I'm not 100% sure how her pictures would go from *tablet -> PC -> Xbox*
    Haha, yeah, I can't afford an xbox one anyways ;)Ok, I will check out that article.
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,384
    If you have a USB port, Google Chromecast. I love mine. I had Apple TV for a while but it was glitchy. Plus you can "mirror" your laptop or anything on your home network onto it.
  • No_one21No_one21 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,962
    Rain:
    Haha, yeah, I can't afford an xbox one anyways ;)Ok, I will check out that article.
    Its the 360. While mine is on I can put pics from my phone or tablet on the screen. Just in the options menu while on an image and it shows like "other displays" or something to that effect.