Home Cigar 101

Xikar Hygro Battery

gripnripgripnrip Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 406
After many months of faithful service, the battery on my Xikar hygro went tiiits up. Tried to remove the little disc battery, but it is not easily removed. So...question is-do I send it back to Xikar under "warranty" or can I just take to my local Batteries Plus and get a replacement that will work properly in this fine unit? Thanks.

Comments

• Bob LukenBob Luken Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,664
    You can probably get your local battery place to help remove it. Is it stuck? I've never had trouble changing those little batteries.
  • gripnripgripnrip Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 406
    Bob Luken:
    You can probably get your local battery place to help remove it. Is it stuck? I've never had trouble changing those little batteries.
    Seems stuck...I'll take it local. Thanks.
  • PAtoNHPAtoNH Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 430
    The last time a hygro went south I noticed the display was really faint so I thought.. "battery needs replacing"… went to CVS and spent $10 on a battery… put in new battery… hygro still NG… lesson learned… I'd send it back.
  • jadeltjadelt Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 766
    PAtoNH:
    The last time a hygro went south I noticed the display was really faint so I thought.. "battery needs replacing"… went to CVS and spent $10 on a battery… put in new battery… hygro still NG… lesson learned… I'd send it back.
    By me the Batteries Plus will put in a new battery for free and it if doesnt work they take it out and dont charge you. I get my car keys done there too for $5. hard to beat