Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

Mystery Stick Game

Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,384
I started this game a few years back and it was a hit, a tip of the hat to thr black band project(for those that remember that) Here goes

I send you 3 sticks WITHOUT THE BAND labeled A B and C, once you recieve them you smoke them WITHIN A WEEK and give a quick review and try to guess what they are. Once posted i reveal what they are and you do the same for the next person.
This was an awesome game because it removes all pretentious from brands and focuses on flavor, we had people calling Oliva G's the best cigar they had and Opus's called dog rockets. Ill start off...

Who wants my mystery sticks?

Comments

• JMartinez10JMartinez10 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 296
    Very tempting but palate is not developed to be able to give review. Good luck and look forward to seeing how this turns out. Sounds like a lot of fun.
  • onestrangeoneonestrangeone Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,423
    I'm not afraid of showing my ignorance, I'll play!
  • MartelMartel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,423
    I enjoyed watching one of these play out last year, but I have nowhere near enough experience to decide on what a cigar might be...chances are I won't have smoked it in the first place. But I love the idea. Have fun, and I'll follow!
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,384
    onestrangeone:
    I'm not afraid of showing my ignorance, I'll play!

Excellent! Pm me the address.
  • No_one21No_one21 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,962
    Does the guess have to be based on the smoking of said cigars or would we be allowed to look some stuff up I.e. wrapper, ring gauge, vitola?
    You can do that. like people used guess wrappers, brand, blend... pretty fun game, hopefully it takes off.
    What's happening with this?
    No_one21:
    Not sure, haven't heard anything yet.
    onestrangeone:
    No_one21:
    Aw hell, I'm sorry bro! Got caught up with baby shower stuff and it slipped my mind. I'll get it in the mail when I get home tomorrow and include a few banded ones for forgetting. Again my apologies!
    Jetmech_63:
    onestrangeone:
    No_one21:
    Aw hell, I'm sorry bro! Got caught up with baby shower stuff and it slipped my mind. I'll get it in the mail when I get home tomorrow and include a few banded ones for forgetting. Again my apologies!
    No worries here, or a big hurry either, my allergies are kickin it today! I could barely recognize my morning smoke. No need to send any thing extra either.
    9405 5036 9930 0211 9772 37
    On the way. A,B and C, smoke em, let us know what you think of them and i'll reveal what they are, then you do the same for the next person. I threw in a lil something for forgetting :)
    Okay, I got these in today, any guesses?imageI'll burn these this week and post my impression's/ wild guess Lol!
    I think I know what the right one is... :p
    Mystery Stick C 6x50
    Okay, so I thought this sounded like a fun thing to try even though I am not a supertaster or an aficionado.
    The mystery stick had a good feel and look to it with one pronounced vein. the aroma was semi-sweet and pleasent, it reminds me of grapes being dried for raisins. The lick on the cap was kind of salty with a little spice, the cold draw was rich and sweet, maybe more of the grape/raisin, very nice. the first taste is a blast of spice/pepper that fades out after about three puffs and becomes a rich musky flavor that reminds me of the Kelner blends. the first ash is at about the one inch mark and I can pick up some light leather notes. At the half it need a minor touch up, this is a very smooth smoke and the musk is still predominanant with a light spicy sweetness mixed in. This cigar had a very good burn burn considering it only had 2 1/2 days rest after being shipped from CA.
    Smoke time 1hr 45min.
    I like this stick and it's likely that I will pick up a few more once I find out what it is.
    So my best guess is that this is the AVO Maduro.
  • MartelMartel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,423
    onestrangeone:
    Okay, I got these in today, any guesses?imageI'll burn these this week and post my impression's/ wild guess Lol!
    I know what the one on the right is!
    C = Undercrown
    I'll get my reviews and guesses posted in the next day or two, I've been putting in a lot of extra hrs on a project this week. Hoping for a weather day today!
    Jetmech_63:
    C = Undercrown
    Wow I missed that by a mile or two!
    Mystery stick B.
    This one had very light veining and was almost seamless with a nice aroma, there was very little taste on the lick and the cold draw was mostly earth with a hint of espresso/coffee.
    There was a good blast of pepper on the light then quickly became very smooth and dry with a metallic taste, (welding fumes off of galvanized pipe? burned salt?)
    The taste I picked up from this was mostly woody (coconut husk thrown into a cedar campfire)
    While this was a well constructed cigar with no burn issues the taste simply did not agree with my palate at the time, most likely my taste was off a bit due to allergies. I would be willing to try another simply to see.
    This was a 5.5x48 with a maduro wrapper and I honestly have no idea what it is, My best guess would be the Espinosa.
  • RainRain Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 8,761
    Did C produce smoke like an UC? I thought for sure that would give it away.
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,961
    Glad to see this back, it was a blast back when we used to do it. I had completely forgotten that it was inspired by the black band project, lol.
    onestrangeone:
    Mystery stick B.
    This one had very light veining and was almost seamless with a nice aroma, there was very little taste on the lick and the cold draw was mostly earth with a hint of espresso/coffee.
    There was a good blast of pepper on the light then quickly became very smooth and dry with a metallic taste, (welding fumes off of galvanized pipe? burned salt?)
    The taste I picked up from this was mostly woody (coconut husk thrown into a cedar campfire)
    While this was a well constructed cigar with no burn issues the taste simply did not agree with my palate at the time, most likely my taste was off a bit due to allergies. I would be willing to try another simply to see.
    This was a 5.5x48 with a maduro wrapper and I honestly have no idea what it is, My best guess would be the Espinosa.
    B = MOW Ruination
    Jetmech_63:
    onestrangeone:
    Mystery stick B.
    B = MOW Ruination
    Damn, I hate this time of the year, I think next year I am just going to quit smoking from Jan to March! I didn't pick up any of the note's that I identify with AJ.
    Mystery stick A
    Prelight, The aroma was a very pleasent heavily fermented tobacco that reminds me of the Camacho Corojo, the lick is slightly salty and the cold draw is very earthy and slightly musty. There is a light spice/pepper ont the light that is very pleasant and clean.
    At the 1/3 mark the retro is a little bit on the harsh side with the spice/pepper being the predominant taste, there is a fair amount of sweetness mostly in the aroma. I picked up note's of cedar, light pepper and nutmeg.
    5 1/8x50 a very well constructed, nice looking cigar with no burn issues. This was good to the nub and a thoroughly enjoyable smoke.
    Best guess, The Room 101 San Andres.
    onestrangeone:
    Mystery stick A
    Prelight, The aroma was a very pleasent heavily fermented tobacco that reminds me of the Camacho Corojo, the lick is slightly salty and the cold draw is very earthy and slightly musty. There is a light spice/pepper ont the light that is very pleasant and clean.
    At the 1/3 mark the retro is a little bit on the harsh side with the spice/pepper being the predominant taste, there is a fair amount of sweetness mostly in the aroma. I picked up note's of cedar, light pepper and nutmeg.
    5 1/8x50 a very well constructed, nice looking cigar with no burn issues. This was good to the nub and a thoroughly enjoyable smoke.

A = AB Black Market
    Your turn to host now :)
    Jetmech_63:
    onestrangeone:
    Mystery stick A

A = AB Black Market
    Wow those were 3 of my best liked sticks so far. Nice send.
    Jetmech_63:
    onestrangeone:
    Mystery stick A

A = AB Black Market

0 for 3, Well obviously I stink at identifying cigars! Hopefully someone at least got a good laugh out of it (I did anyway)
    So who's up next?
    Bump,
    Need a playa
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,408
    onestrangeone:
    Bump,
    Need a playa
    Still way to cold outside for me to commit to something like this.