Home Non Cigar Related

If nothing else, the boy has style

New BootsNew Boots Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,634
So, my son got a free pizza from pizza hut from "BookIt", so we took him last night...told him to go get dressed, and this is what we get.

Comments

• macs-smokesmacs-smokes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 585
    Nice but they deliver Book it too
  • Bob LukenBob Luken Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,664
    Yeah nice tie. Is he trying to pick up girls at the Pizza Hut?
  • 0patience0patience Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,767
    Bob Luken:
    Give him credit. He's stying.
    Did ya fix him up with some good after shave?
  • MartelMartel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,423
    Did he pull that out of your closet?
  • New BootsNew Boots Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,634
    Bob Luken:
    Oh, he's got a girl he's to afraid to ask out...He is rather faithful though...poor kid friend zoned himeself!

macs-smokes:
    Nice but they deliver Book it too
    Not here, I'm afraid
  • webmostwebmost Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,131
    It's Pizza Hut. You want him to dress for that, pierce his lip.

• BigshizzaBigshizza Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 10,949
    Cute kid, love the effort
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    nice.
    always love to see that people put some effort into how they look. encourage this but dont let it turn to arrogance or elitism.

is that a clip on tie? understandable for a kid.
    he should learn to tie his own tie to separate himself from the other kids. thats how MEN do it.
    one of the three 3 essential Knots:
    1: four-in-hand
    its classic, casual to formal, quick, and works with almost any tie. only downfall is that it isnt symmetrical, but if you like the italian style, then its a great knot for you.

2) the windsor (either full or half)
    the classic "large" knot. works best with thicker ties. it is very formal, very symmetrical, and very British. the downfall is that the knot eats up a ton of material. for taller gentlemen this makes a short tie or short tail that cannot be tucked into the tie itself. best worn with a V-neck sweater.

3) the Pratt knot.
    it is the best of the previous two knots. its smaller but symetrical. works on wide or skinny ties. its quick and easy to tie. the only negative is that the knot starts with the tie "inside out" so the tail may look funny if not dealt with correctly or with the wrong look.

or you can let him enjoy his childhood and i can stop giving parenting advice lol.
    kuzi16:
    nice.
    always love to see that people put some effort into how they look. encourage this but dont let it turn to arrogance or elitism.

he should learn to tie his own tie to separate himself from the other kids. thats how MEN do it.
    its classic, casual to formal, quick, and works with almost any tie. only downfall is that it isnt symmetrical, but if you like the italian style, then its a great knot for you.

the classic "large" knot. works best with thicker ties. it is very formal, very symmetrical, and very British. the downfall is that the knot eats up a ton of material. for taller gentlemen this makes a short tie or short tail that cannot be tucked into the tie itself. best worn with a V-neck sweater.

3) the Pratt knot.
    it is the best of the previous two knots. its smaller but symetrical. works on wide or skinny ties. its quick and easy to tie. the only negative is that the knot starts with the tie "inside out" so the tail may look funny if not dealt with correctly or with the wrong look.

or you can let him enjoy his childhood and i can stop giving parenting advice lol.
    I believe the Pratt is also sometimes called the Shelby knot. I started wearing this several years ago after getting tired of the four-in-hand and being too tall for windsors on most ties. Went looking for different knots and since the little girl is called Shelby, I started wearing it in her honor.
    kuzi16:
    nice.

3) the Pratt knot.

Well, it's not a clip on...not a regular tie either. It actually has a zipper!

I think he and I might have a daddy/son dress up day!
  • SasquatchSasquatch Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 228
    Did he get lucky?

Nice looking young man you have there
    Sasquatch:
    Did he get lucky?

No....poor ***. Has his daddy's skills with the ladies
    New Boots:
    Sasquatch:
    Did he get lucky?

Well, you must have had some success if you made him...

Re: Zipper ties
    My kid loved these for a while but they usually lasted all of three-four wears before the zipper broke. Otherwise, nifty invention that's much better than a clip on.
    Martel:
    New Boots:
    Sasquatch:
    Did he get lucky?

Well, you must have had some success if you made him...

Re: Zipper ties
    My kid loved these for a while but they usually lasted all of three-four wears before the zipper broke. Otherwise, nifty invention that's much better than a clip on.
    Even the unlucky guys can get a spot of luck every once in a while.

Re: Re: Zipper ties - He's probably had this one for about 2 years now. He had about a 3 tie rotation. One just broke, so he's down to two. He's not an every day kinda guy...but he wears them quite often.
  • Bob LukenBob Luken Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,664
    New Boots:
    Sasquatch:
    Did he get lucky?

Well you can't be too bad at it. You, and every single one of your ancestors got laid. Right?