Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

Congratulation! It's a BOMB!! (Pass/Bomb/Herf)

Comments

• Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,182
    Rain:
    I don't live in Copperas Cove anymore, but that's where the pass we delivered. I'll go over and ask tomorrow. If the new tenants play dumb, I will start the pass again. This is a good lesson to everyone...make sure of an addy before you ship.
    Rain is too much of a gentleman to throw a brother under the bus... but his one's on me, folks. Someone sent me Rain's addy shortly after I joined the forum, and I just assumed it was correct. Should have checked it before I sent the pass.

If Randy comes up empty tomorrow, I'll start the pass again on Thursday. Sorry for the noob goof.

• 0patience0patience Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,767
    Puff_Dougie:
    Rain:
    I don't live in Copperas Cove anymore, but that's where the pass we delivered. I'll go over and ask tomorrow. If the new tenants play dumb, I will start the pass again. This is a good lesson to everyone...make sure of an addy before you ship.
    Rain is too much of a gentleman to throw a brother under the bus... but his one's on me, folks. Someone sent me Rain's addy shortly after I joined the forum, and I just assumed it was correct. Should have checked it before I sent the pass.

If Randy comes up empty tomorrow, I'll start the pass again on Thursday. Sorry for the noob goof.

Naw, it's my fault. I was the one who was throwing Rain under the bus and I didn't realize he moved. Where's the keeper of the bork o dex when you need them?
    0patience:
    Naw, it's my fault. I was the one who was throwing Rain under the bus and I didn't realize he moved. Where's the keeper of the bork o dex when you need them?
    Still, I should have followed pass protocol and actually asked/confirmed the addy before sending.

But... as Rain pointed out, at least it was the first stop of the pass and not the tenth!!
    OK Gang... hitting the re-set button on this pass.

Rain stopped by his old address and got no answer, so we'll just consider the first attempt a "donation" to the new tenants.

Having confirmed Randy's actual addy, I will start this pass again tomorrow. Hopefully, it will get to Ken before his son's high school graduation!! :^)
  • MartelMartel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,423
    Rain:
    Mhmmm.
    Just saw your sig. Funny.
    Round 2 has left the Neighborhood and is headed for... ummm... Fort Hood!!

If the first one ever shows up, Rain... just consider yourself bombed by me. :^)
  • Bob LukenBob Luken Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,664
    (Warning - Thread Jack.) How would you let everybody know you have a new addy without opening yourself up to a gang bomb? Or without looking like you're begging to be bombed?
    Bob Luken:
    (Warning - Thread Jack.) How would you let everybody know you have a new addy without opening yourself up to a gang bomb? Or without looking like you're begging to be bombed?
    Good question. I don't think anyone is expected to advertise their new addy when they move. The lesson here for me was to double check and verify the addy I was given by PM to the intended recipient before dropping the package in the mail.

Probably not a bad idea, though, if an active participant in the forum does relocate, for that person to let the brothers know that any old addy they had on file was no longer valid. I think they could do that without publicly posting their new addy for all to see.

Rain probably did this, but I was too new to the group to know about it, and I failed to communicate directly with him before using the wrong addy.
  • RainRain Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 8,761
    Actually, most people WILL post that they are moving. A lot of the time just to complain about how much of a ***** it is...so don't do like I did and move during the Christmas season.
  • pelirrojopelirrojo Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,520
    So can we get a list of participants and order of the pass? Trying to get an idea of when to expect the package. Also, obviously we are posting takes/putts, but can we get a picture of the whole thing? Thanks.

I never sent you a PM with my name/address. Sorry about that. Were you able to find it?
    pelirrojo:
    So can we get a list of participants and order of the pass? Trying to get an idea of when to expect the package. Also, obviously we are posting takes/putts, but can we get a picture of the whole thing? Thanks.

I never sent you a PM with my name/address. Sorry about that. Were you able to find it?
    So... here's the pass order...

Puff_Dougie
    Rain
    Jetmech 63
    Bob Luken
    onestrangeone
    pelirrojo
    Bigshizza
    james40
    dr frankenstein56
    Ken Light

The package contains - along with the sticks, of course - a pass list and instruction sheet, and a card for folks to sign for Ken.

The instructions ask that when you receive the pass, you PM the next person on the list for their addy. It was suggested to me that this would be easier than for me to gather everyone's addy up front.

I'll take a picture of the whole thing before my takes/puts.
  • pelirrojopelirrojo Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,520
    Great. Thanks guys.
    Rain:
    Actually, most people WILL post that they are moving. A lot of the time just to complain about how much of a ***** it is...so don't do like I did and move during the Christmas season.
    Ah ha!
    That explains it.
    0patience:
    Rain:
    Ah ha!
    That explains it.
    Not in YOUR case! I have not lived in Cove since Juneish of last year ;).
    Rain:
    0patience:
    Rain:
    Ah ha!
    That explains it.
    Not in YOUR case! I have not lived in Cove since Juneish of last year ;).
    Well, it was worth a shot.
    I work for the gubmint, so passing blame just comes naturally. LOL!
    Starting PointimageTakes left and puts right.imagePM to Jet, will go out Monday.
    Yay! I got a box to Randy's actual addy!!! Woo hoo!!
    Sorry that you have to scroll to see everything! Don't tell Bob.
    Rain:
    Sorry that you have to scroll to see everything! Don't tell Bob.
    Bob scroll...

Sorry... just tryin' to lighten things up.

And now, back to our regularly scheduled programming...
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,384
    Got it, doing takes and puts and will get it off to Bob Luken first thing tomorrow
    Was it packed ok? Had the wife do it and then worried for three days...
    Rain:
    Was it packed ok? Had the wife do it and then worried for three days...

May wanna tell her to put the cigars in a plastic bag first LOL. I was wondering what was behind that:)
    Oh jeez....embarrassed! Want something done right...
    The pass landed safe and sound. Thanks for putting this one together Doug. Really cool idea. I have taken pics of my take and puts and it's packed up ready for Nathan. I'll post the pics and tracking # tomorrow.
    Bob Luken:
    The pass landed safe and sound. Thanks for putting this one together Doug. Really cool idea. I have taken pics of my take and puts and it's packed up ready for Nathan. I'll post the pics and tracking # tomorrow.
    Nice! Moving right along! I was glad to set this up. I remember when my first son was born (over 24 years ago) and it's a life event that deserves some recognition. Can't wait to see the final package when it hits Ken's house!
    Takes left. Puts right. Heads up Nathan. 9114 9010 7574 2895 5534 12

• onestrangeoneonestrangeone Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,423
    I got the pass safe and sound yesterday,image
    takes on the left and puts on the right, Hope this is good with everyone. I need an addy for Mr Redbeard (Pelirrojo)