Home Non Cigar Related

Super Bowl Picks?

13»

Comments

• clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,750
    clearlysuspect:
    Jetmech_63:
    Puff_Dougie:
    Is it wrong that I like seeing Tom Brady cry?
    Hell no, seeing Brady do epic face palm made it all worth it! Didn't even congratulate manning just walked off the field like a tool.

No that's not right. I saw them shake hands and talk for a few seconds after the game.
    Yep they actually shook hands with 0:23 on the clock. He was the first player to run out and congratulate him.
  • RainRain Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 8,761
    "I'm the best corner[back] in the game," Sherman said on the field immediately after the game. "When you try me with a sorry receiver like Crabtree, that's the result you going to get.""He wouldn't make the top 20 of NFL receivers," Sherman said. "If any team had a chance to pick Crabtree, they wouldn't draft him."Classy guy.
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 10,949
    I do think there's something not right with Sherman..... But... GO HAWKS!!!
  • EchambersEchambers Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,335
    Bigshizza:
    One too many hits to the head I think. And that's too bad because thats what everyone will focus on the next few weeks. And yea, GO HAWKS!!!!
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,384
    clearlysuspect:
    clearlysuspect:
    Jetmech_63:
    Puff_Dougie:
    Hell no, seeing Brady do epic face palm made it all worth it! Didn't even congratulate manning just walked off the field like a tool.

No that's not right. I saw them shake hands and talk for a few seconds after the game.
    Yep they actually shook hands with 0:23 on the clock. He was the first player to run out and congratulate him.

Huh, you're right, i missed that...good catch.
    Jetmech_63:
    clearlysuspect:
    clearlysuspect:
    Jetmech_63:
    Puff_Dougie:

Huh, you're right, i missed that...good catch.
    A lot of people missed that for some reason. Heard a bunch of guys talking about the same thing at work this morning.
  • deejmemixxdeejmemixx Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,064
    Echambers:
    Bigshizza:
    One too many hits to the head I think. And that's too bad because thats what everyone will focus on the next few weeks. And yea, GO HAWKS!!!!
    there is a story behind why he said it...there is always a reason for him to talk.
  • Bob LukenBob Luken Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,664
    Sherman inspired me to give a sh!t who wins the superbowl. Go Broncos! It's obvious that there are plenty of jerks playing in the NFL but WOW. That was crazy.

And I know a bunch of great BOTLs here are Seahawks fans and good luck to your team and I'll be happy for you if they win but what a jerk this guy is. You can say Sherman's a great athlete but you would have a hard time convincing me he's actually got an adult brain under his helmet.

Here's what somebody else wrote in the comments section over at foxsports. I agree with his general assesment.

[[[[[ Dolfanatic72 Wrote
    The Seahawks won. They deserved to win based on the context and outcome of the game. Criticisms leveled against Sherman are not about the Seahawks win. It is about a pathetic act, by someone that clearly lacks "true" self-confidence. There is plenty of bravado, chest-pounding, and grand-standing. This, is not self-confidence. This is someone, like a two year old, that stands up in the middle of the room and say, LOOK WHAT I CAN DO!" The sad part is, we all saw what you can do, and it was impressive. It saved the game, BUT...then you acted like a child that does not get enough attention from mommy and rant like an insecure toddler. Your team IS going to the Super Bowl. A dream is coming true and the best you can muster is to scream how "YOU" are the best and "terrible" the guy on the other team is??!! Sad, and pathetic. I am not a fan of any of the teams that made the playoffs, so I have no dog is this race. However, I am also not a fan of anyone that actually does something great on the field of play and then runs around like a child screaming, "LOOK WHAT I CAN DO...I AM THE BEST!!!" I feel terrible for the rest of his team that had their accomplishment shoved to the side so this one individual could stand our and point at themselves in an act of desperate insecurity. I also hope Peyton Manning, who truly is the "best" at his position...unlike you Sherman, throws for 500 yards and 6 TDs and all of them are against Sherman. Sherman is what is wrong with professional sports...it is a team sport, buddy...you would be better served to treat your team, your opponent, and the great team sport of football with a lot more respect. ]]]]]]]]]
    You can't say that...he went to Stanford.So either he skated by, cheated, Stanford is not what it used to be or he is a smart guy that has zero self control.
    Rain:
    You can't say that...he went to Stanford.So either he skated by, cheated, Stanford is not what it used to be or he is a smart guy that has zero self control.
    I CAN say it. It's obviously my opinion. It's not a fact. But thanks. You just helped me clarify exactly what I meant.

Zero self control = "hard time convincing me he's actually got an adult brain".
    The top part of that post was a typed with the intent of being a joke. Because yes...obviously you can say it...because you did say it.
    Rain:
    The top part of that post was a typed with the intent of being a joke. Because yes...obviously you can say it...because you did say it.
    I ALWAYS assume that some or all of your posts are kidding around. LOL I'm not mad bro. I just don't know any Stanford jokes. Maybe I shoulda' googled some.
    Bob Luken:
    Rain:
    I ALWAYS assume that some or all of your posts are kidding around. LOL I'm not mad bro. I just don't know any Stanford jokes. Maybe I shoulda' googled some.
    In that case....tell us how you REALLY feel about Sherman ;)
    Rain:
    Bob Luken:
    Rain:
    OK, He's got those really cool dreadlocks. So he must be a trend setter. Right? I mean nobody else has dreadlocks on the football field. Right?
    Sherman had a ghetto moment. Anyone who listens to him speak on any other occassion, including the post game interviews that happened about 5 minutes later along with Russell Wilson at the FoxSports desk would know that he's actually quite articulate when he wants to be.

I personally was really glad that he did it because I watch football to be entertained and that $h1t was funny as hell!!!! I watched it about 3 or 4 times over and over again and it was just as funny as the first time I watched it. I'm probably gonna watch it again when I get home from work today!
  • blutattooblutattoo Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,100
    Did anyone notice these are the two teams from the two states that have legalized marijuana? Coincidence? I guess this will be the Bud Bowl 2.0
    Bob Luken:
    Rain:
    Bob Luken:
    Rain:
    OK, He's got those really cool dreadlocks. So he must be a trend setter. Right? I mean nobody else has dreadlocks on the football field. Right?
    first, he made those statements because crabtree talked *** at a fundraiser. Sherman waited all year to show him he is for real..he did.. crabteee hit jim in the face after wards when sherman extended his hakd to shake...Real classy move by crabtree. Football is talking shlt...sherman does it on tue field and off. Its not like he is celbrated after he killed someone, like that pos thats is an analysis guy now.
  • firetruckguyfiretruckguy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,484
    He is all talk, and won't have much to say after a QB with class ooozing out of him stomps a new azz in him in 2 weeks.
    firetruckguy:
    He is all talk, and won't have much to say after a QB with class ooozing out of him stomps a new azz in him in 2 weeks.
    The flip side is when that happens, Manning is like ""**** you loser, I'm the best! Yeah! OMAHA OMAHA!"
  • firetruckguyfiretruckguy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,484
    blutattoo:
    Did anyone notice these are the two teams from the two states that have legalized marijuana? Coincidence? I guess this will be the Bud Bowl 2.0
    Right? Thank god it's played in a real state where it's still illegal to have it.
    firetruckguy:
    all talk...he is the reasin we have the best secondary... you may not like his antics but to say he is all talk is a joke and you know it. If I was a fan of a diff team I would dream of him being signed.
    If you go to the ESPN homepage, they have a poll titled "What is your opinion of Richard Sherman?". Only in Washington and Oregon is he liked more then disliked. Reminds me of the saying "Not everyone else is wrong."Can't deny he's a good player....but I still don't like him, and am not losing sleep over him not being on my team. Congrats to the Seahawks, though!
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 10,949
    deejmemixx:
    firetruckguy:
    all talk...he is the reasin we have the best secondary... you may not like his antics but to say he is all talk is a joke and you know it. If I was a fan of a diff team I would dream of him being signed.
    Thanks for the drunken VM..... Priceless!!!!
    Guess it comes down to if it's your team or not. Cowboys had Irvin in the 90s...and he could talk some ****. JJ told the papers to print that the Cowboys would beat the 49ers.
  • bbass2bbass2 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,056
    I haven't kept up with the games closely, so how is Seattle's D-line? How will the Broncos O-line be at holding off pressure?
    Bigshizza:
    deejmemixx:
    firetruckguy:
    anytime!! Lol.....I called you?
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,228
    deejmemixx:
    Bigshizza:
    deejmemixx:
    firetruckguy:
    anytime!! Lol.....I called you?
    lmao a mess!!!!!!
  • Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,182
    Cool! My first five star thread!! :^)
  • Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,182
  • JMartinez10JMartinez10 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 296
    Was late on seeing this post but my picks were Denver and Niners. We all know that's not going to happen but even so I had Denver winning the Superbowl irregardless of who was playing. Denver (-9).