Home Non Cigar Related

Be careful if you post self destructive threads.

Comments

• pelirrojopelirrojo Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,520
    option2:
    pelirrojo:
    What is the point of making posts and starting threads that are guaranteed to get people riled up? If you/Rodney take pleasure in it, I suggest you find something else to do with your spare time. If you want to discuss religion, try a forum about religion. If you want to discuss cigars, you're in the right place.

I am truly sorry but are we not at this time in the non-cigar related part of the forums?
    Just asking.
    Don't bite my head off, pretty please?

You are in the non cigar related part of the forum. You didn't answer my question.
  • RainRain Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 8,761
    To be fair, the atheist thread was very civil.
  • 0patience0patience Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,767
    Rain:
    I'm confused. The atheist thread was removed?
    That's why they removed his account?
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,384
    0patience:
    Rain:

Dont feel bad, i'm as confused as you...
    It did appear civil, though condescending. I'm cranky today and I know this is some alter ego. I've have had about enough of that sh*t. There's a cold beer in my immediate future though.
    0patience:
    Rain:
    Ok, here is what I think happened. When Rodney was done with the atheist thread, he renamed it something like "I beat my wife blah blah blah." A mod jumped on and saw that and was like "WTF?!" and deleted Rodney's account.
  • Amos UmwhatAmos Umwhat Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,523
    0patience:
    Rain:
    Rodney replaced his first entry with an outrageous tale of smacking his wife around. Why? Dunno.
  • 0patience0patience Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,767
    Amos Umwhat:
    0patience:
    Rain:
    Rodney replaced his first entry with an outrageous tale of smacking his wife around. Why? Dunno.
    Oh! Well that explains it then.
    Glad someone knows what is going on.
    The post that got changed to the whole wife beater thing was a different thread. I don't know why the atheist thread disappeared. Sorry for my outburst gents.
  • clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,750
    What? I can see booting him for that. If I were a moderator I would have done the same. Why did they have to delete the Atheist thread though? I thought that was one of the better conducted threads I've seen in a long time.
    clearlysuspect:
    What? I can see booting him for that. If I were a moderator I would have done the same. Why did they have to delete the Atheist thread though? I thought that was one of the better conducted threads I've seen in a long time.
    Cool story bro.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    When we each signed up for membership, we all agreed to refrain from posting topics that would be considered unlawful, threatening, abusive, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, objectionable, or conduct that constitutes a criminal offense. Apparently something was breeched because the envelope has been pushed to edge of several of these topics in the past, and I have seldom seen threads pulled or members privileges suspended or withdrawn.
  • option2option2 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 39
    Amos Umwhat:
    Rain:
    dr_frankenstein56:
    Rain:
    So I noticed that Rodney's account was deleted...harsh!
    really? did they go after him that bad? i thought this was all jokes and fun?

Aj
    Keep in mind that mods don't troll the forums like some of us. If they pop on and see a "Beat the **** out of my wife" thread....does not look good. Perception is reality.
    On point.

That was his way of exploding a thread when it had run it's course. The same story, he tells me was used three times, which showed a lack of creativity on his part which in turn led to his demise.
    Once reported it had to be dealt with harshly to avoid a trend of vulgarity being started.
    It was his decision to reuse old material and the moderators had simply had enough of his shenanigan's and put a stop to it.
    Please do not hold the moderators responsible for one mans actions.
    Let peace return to the forums as today was to be my only postings.

Well why did Rodney change the title of the Atheist thread? He had said it was his trap. Was that his way of saying Atheist are horrible people like spouse beaters? I'm confused. If so, that's a pretty d1ckk move and I'm glad he won't be around for anything like that again. If not, I'd certainly like an explanation on that since I was a large part of that conversation!

Creepy Smiley, you claim to speak on his behalf. Any answer on this?
    And don't say he exploded the thread because it ran it's course. That thread was alive and well for some 3 days and staying at the top of the list.
    clearlysuspect:
    Was that his way of saying Atheist are horrible people like spouse beaters? I'm confused. If so, that's a pretty d1ckk move and I'm glad he won't be around for anything like that again.
    ^^^^^This is either an EPIC troll (to which I would say well done!) or a WTF moment.Well, I would say well done if Rodney was not banned :(He did explode his own thread. One of the last posts was him saying the thread was done. Are you just making up stuff? Man, you are my troll hero xoxoxoxo
  • MorganGeoMorganGeo Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,606
    My wife has her soap operas she watches and I have these threads. Life is good. :)
  • MarkerMarker Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,524
    Now if we could find that Shark from Rudy's pass the circle would be complete.
    So it is done!
    And why not one more?
    Rain:
    clearlysuspect:
    Was that his way of saying Atheist are horrible people like spouse beaters? I'm confused. If so, that's a pretty d1ckk move and I'm glad he won't be around for anything like that again.
    ^^^^^This is either an EPIC troll (to which I would say well done!) or a WTF moment.Well, I would say well done if Rodney was not banned :(He did explode his own thread. One of the last posts was him saying the thread was done. Are you just making up stuff? Man, you are my troll hero xoxoxoxo
    I don't get it. I'm so confused is ridiculous. I'm done. I don't care about it anymore.
    clearlysuspect:
    Rain:
    clearlysuspect:
    I don't get it. I'm so confused is ridiculous. I'm done. I don't care about it anymore.

Irony can sometimes be a tad confusing, but as I stated, I am who I am and the rest is history or in the history as the case may well be.
  • jj20030jj20030 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,448
    pelirrojo:
    option2:
    pelirrojo:
    What is the point of making posts and starting threads that are guaranteed to get people riled up? If you/Rodney take pleasure in it, I suggest you find something else to do with your spare time. If you want to discuss religion, try a forum about religion. If you want to discuss cigars, you're in the right place.

I am truly sorry but are we not at this time in the non-cigar related part of the forums?
    Just asking.
    Don't bite my head off, pretty please?

You are in the non cigar related part of the forum. You didn't answer my question.

I was not to come back but you have revived me for a moment. I did answer your question but to clarify:
    Your response is above this response, you ask why I did not talk cigars and made remarks about Religion which should be on other forums about Religion and I should stick to the point at hand. Which I had. As to starting threads just to "rile up" people, you were way off base on this. Some know the answers to riddles and some will never get them even if explained. Does this answer ALL of your questions? You think me a bad person and as such that perception will never change and I can live with that. Let it be so. We all have opinion's and judge though we are not here to judge others as we all share one thing in common, free speech. I would never make a personal attack against anyone though I may calmly discuss a subject. Read the whole story before you form a conclusion and you may just stay your words for all was reveled in due time as is often the case. People in general, no this is not about you, have a way of picking a part of what is or was said and using it to bring attention to themselves in self righteous condemnation through something taken completely out of context.
    :-)
    Have a nice day my friend.

Rain:

And all who contributed are to be congratulated for their civility, yourself included.

pelirrojo:
    It did appear civil, though condescending. I'm cranky today and I know this is some alter ego. I've have had about enough of that sh*t. There's a cold beer in my immediate future though.

Take the time too smile and all will be well.
    Laughter is the best medicine after all.

pelirrojo:
    The post that got changed to the whole wife beater thing was a different thread. I don't know why the atheist thread disappeared. Sorry for my outburst gents.

Both and the same post. Knowledge was gained enough for a paper to be written and the bad man blew it up before it became a monstrosity as it eventually would have. Why not destroy it before it morphed into something that caused people to lash out in disrespect towards one another?

dr_frankenstein56:
    option2:
    He assures me that he will return after his punishment period has expired.
    He goes by rbeckom.
    A rude sort of fellow I see now through his writings though I thought him a fine example of humanity before.
    I was wrong it would seem as he has been extremely vile and contemptible in his writings and I sincerely hope he learns his lesson well!
    If so then I welcome him back with open arms for he did do some good, even if it was overlooked.

Interesting. ive always thought he was a nice guy, very worldly and spiritual... I can imagine why anybody would have anything aganst him. I dont think he needed any kind of lesson?

if you mean from the green man troll game that was for laughs I think were all adults enough to know he was foolin..... dont ya think?

This is just a very strange post all around.... particularly from somebody with less then 10 post....... are we trying to stir the pot?????

A.j.

Sometimes to bring all the ingredient's to the surface, you have to stir the pot, so to speak. A lot more has been learned here than the original post he tells me.

clearlysuspect:
    Well why did Rodney change the title of the Atheist thread? He had said it was his trap. Was that his way of saying Atheist are horrible people like spouse beaters? I'm confused. If so, that's a pretty d1ckk move and I'm glad he won't be around for anything like that again. If not, I'd certainly like an explanation on that since I was a large part of that conversation!

Creepy Smiley, you claim to speak on his behalf. Any answer on this?

Not in the least was he being judgmental. He simply had enough information to form a generic conclusion as to why people call themselves an Atheist and felt that someone would eventually get drunk and post an argument an to stave off this problem, of which he had to deal with in the long ago, he felt it better to destroy it before it became corrupted. And he thanks you for your participation and for being civil in all of your response's.
    The trap you mention fell within the boundaries of the post on intelligence, by the way, and several bit in the first few hours. He found this funny for a wise man would have PM'd a message about a mistake so simple in place of using it to belittle someone who had just explained that they had impaired cognitive functions because of medical reasons and hence a low IQ point count and would not see the mistake even as obvious as it was..
    Smile my friend and be not confused any longer for by now all should know.

In the long, long ago a man posted a thread about the beating of his wife to start a serious conversation about a very real problem in this country and the moderators removed before the true reality of the thread could be shown and a much needed discussion could be started. They did what they thought was right and He holds them not in the least responsible for their actions for they perceived it as a brag in stead of understanding the underlying message. Spousal abuse is a really dangerous and constant part of society hence the need for so many women's shelters, children are far too often caught up in this problem, which was the reason for the thread in the first place. He caught many PM's about this one I assure you and had to explain himself many times to pacify his friends with the knowledge that he would never stoop so low as to strike his wife. If someone else wants to take up this cause, He still feels that it is worthy to discuss, He would be glad to participate as he is currently working through his Church to start a delivery of food loads, which are much needed along with clothing for both the young and old, as a way to in some small way help this situation.
    Since it was removed the first time it was posted he decided it was a quick way to explode a thread and accepts full responsibility for the stupidity of his actions.
    Just so everyone here knows, once a thread is started, there it will stay so keep it civil and let us remember that sometimes we have to see what is not written to gain the full message of what is meant for parable's are a favorite tool he chooses which is why he holds no animosity to anything posted here.