Home Pipes

Mixing blends

Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,384
Anyone mix blends and pack a pipe with it? I had a little maple street and taste master left so I combined the two and smoked it, Fantastic! Anyone have success or failure doing the same?

Comments

• Gray4linesGray4lines Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,439
    Trout stream (a butterscotch like aro) and Larry's Blend ( a med english) the latakia breaks up the sweetness and adds smokey depth. I would like to try some more parfaits too... one blend on top, another in the bottom. Havent really tried it yet.
  • J.S.J.S. Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 751
    Sure, I will top off a blend that I am just finishing up. They can be good and there is nothing wrong with mixing. I don't do it too much but sometimes you are puffing and you say I wonder . . . nothing wrong in trying it out!
  • IsraIsra Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 8

I've been experimenting a little and have stumbled upon a good mixture:

2 thirds Ashton Artisan's Blend to 1 third Samuel Gawith fire Dance flake. some times 1:1

• dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,519
    I have found my sweet spot mixing the OGS and lane Q1....its like chocolate orange cake. delicious, packs the right punch and the OGS makes smoking the Q1 simple and re-light free.

Aj
  • jsnakejsnake Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,037
    Yes, when I got low on something I will mix it it with another blend. Usually if an aromatic loses its oomph I toss it into something similar. Usually happens because I don't smoke up what I have open fast enough. Some aromatics hold up just fine though. I have a tin of McClelland Maduro I am thinking of experimenting with.
  • Amos UmwhatAmos Umwhat Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,523
    Mixed Sutliff Balkan II with C&D Pirate Kake, 50-50, very nice!
  • sabujsabuj Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6
    Jetmech_63:
    Anyone mix blends and pack a pipe with it? I had a little maple street and taste master left so I combined the two and smoked it, Fantastic! Anyone have success or failure doing the same?

I agreed.