Oh NOEZ! What did I win? PM'd
  • MorganGeoMorganGeo Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,606
    RedRex06:
    lol, too funny.
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,408
    RedRex06:
    Well, cigars, duh! I would have thought the question would be, "How/Why did I win?"
  • Bob LukenBob Luken Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,664
    I love this thread. It reminds me of when the U.S. Marshal's Service began a series of sweepstakes sting operations. They would send out letters to criminals with outstanding warrants congratulating them on winning a TV or some other valuable prize and also announce that their name has been entered in a drawing for a boat or car but that they had to be present to win. Usually they didn't know exactly where these guys were, but they would send out the letters to their last known address (often of a relative) who would hopefully pass on this “good news” to the fugitive. They would set up big reception parties [at rented banquet halls] with banners and balloons and lure them in. One by one they would call their names for winning a lesser prize while in attendance, then lead them out to a separate area for “processing”.

(If I remember correctly, the prizes were actually awarded to the fugitives and they were allowed to sign over the prizes to their friends or relatives as they would not be allowed to take the prizes to prison. It was very cost effective. The cost of a TV or even the grand prize, (usually a used car) was far less than the cost of man hours expended in pursuit of fugitives.)
  • jliujliu Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,055
    yay for winningggggg
  • RedRex06RedRex06 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 155
    SleevePlz:
    Well, cigars, duh! I would have thought the question would be, "How/Why did I win?"
    I agree, that popped into my head after I submitted already and was on another page. So, I definitely entered nothing, so whats up? How/why did I win?!?!
    Bob Luken:
    crazy fugitive story
    That is crazy! I never knew that happened, but it sounds like the whole "To Catch A Predator" style of setup. If it works, it works!
    Redrex, please PM your addy as well as I want to include you on the Forum Newsletter that goes out every quarter.
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,408
    RedRex06:
    How/why did I win?!?!
    Glad you asked :) I was doing a contest (unannounced) for the person with the best avatar. You see, I've been a HUGE RDJ fan since the 80's. So, YOU WON! Congrats! I'll have the tracking number in just a little bit. I need to go ziplining down to the PO.
    SleevePlz:
    Glad you asked :) I was doing a contest (unannounced) for the person with the best avatar. You see, I've been a HUGE RDJ fan since the 80's. So, YOU WON! Congrats! I'll have the tracking number in just a little bit. I need to go ziplining down to the PO.

Ah, well I wasn't alive in the 80's but I've always thought he was pretty kickass, and once I realized I could style my own facial hair exactly like Tony Stark, I then figured out that I look like him when I have the right haircut, and my wife liked that a lot XD

MorganGeo:
    Redrex, please PM your addy as well as I want to include you on the Forum Newsletter that goes out every quarter.

I sure hope the newsletter includes up-to-date information on interesting topics from in and around the cigar world!
    MorganGeo:
    Thx Redrex for your addy! The 1st quarter Newsletter will probably go out by the middle of this week. ;-) hehehe
  • rsherman24rsherman24 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,711
    Wow, contest winner and a newsletter subscriber in one day? Redrex is on a lucky streak.
  • curtiscr79curtiscr79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 859
    RedRex06:
    SleevePlz:

Ah, well I wasn't alive in the 80's but I've always thought he was pretty kickass, and once I realized I could style my own facial hair exactly like Tony Stark, I then figured out that I look like him when I have the right haircut, and my wife liked that a lot XD

MorganGeo:

I sure hope the newsletter includes up-to-date information on interesting topics from in and around the cigar world!
    Wow, thanks for making me feel old.... Not alive in the 80's, these kids these days! HAHAHA
  • WaltBasilWaltBasil Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,675
    MorganGeo:
    MorganGeo:
    Thx Redrex for your addy! The 1st quarter Newsletter will probably go out by the middle of this week. ;-) hehehe
    That reminded me, I need to get my newsletter out as well...
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 10,949
    SleevePlz:
    RedRex06:
    How/why did I win?!?!
    I could use that addy as well
    Bigshizza:
    SleevePlz:
    RedRex06:
    How/why did I win?!?!
    PM Sent
  • twistedstemtwistedstem Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,691
    MorganGeo:
    Bigshizza:
    SleevePlz:
    RedRex06:
    How/why did I win?!?!
    PM Sent
    Well since he signed up for the newsletter he must like to read...may I
  • perkinkeperkinke Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,562
    Bob Luken:
    I love this thread. It reminds me of when the U.S. Marshal's Service began a series of sweepstakes sting operations. They would send out letters to criminals with outstanding warrants congratulating them on winning a TV or some other valuable prize and also announce that their name has been entered in a drawing for a boat or car but that they had to be present to win. Usually they didn't know exactly where these guys were, but they would send out the letters to their last known address (often of a relative) who would hopefully pass on this “good news” to the fugitive. They would set up big reception parties with banners and balloons and lure them in. One by one they would call their names for winning a lesser prize while in attendance, then lead them out to a separate area for “processing”.

(If I remember correctly, the prizes were actually awarded to the fugitives and they were allowed to sign over the prizes to their friends or relatives as they would not be allowed to take the prizes to prison. It was very cost effective. The cost of a TV or even the grand prize, (usually a used car) was far less than the cost of man hours expended in pursuit of fugitives.)
    You know what one of the worst parts of one of these stings was? To claim their prizes they had to go to a police station! Which is an interesting parallel when Mike is the sponsor....
  • Glock1975Glock1975 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,372
    MorganGeo:
    Newsletter? Morgan did u write this last night while u were in the closet.
    Glock1975:
    MorganGeo:
    Newsletter? Morgan did u write this last night while u were in the closet.
    LOL, no but I did think of this from another thread that I think the Shizz was talking about it in. Don't make fun of my carport closet. It's the only part of the house I can escape the wife, kids, and cold. HAHA
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,384
    RedRex06:

A gift certificate for a new mailbox:)
  • Bob LukenBob Luken Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,664
    perkinke:
    Bob Luken:
    I love this thread. It reminds me of when the U.S. Marshal's Service began a series of sweepstakes sting operations. They would send out letters to criminals with outstanding warrants congratulating them on winning a TV or some other valuable prize and also announce that their name has been entered in a drawing for a boat or car but that they had to be present to win. Usually they didn't know exactly where these guys were, but they would send out the letters to their last known address (often of a relative) who would hopefully pass on this “good news” to the fugitive. They would set up big reception parties with banners and balloons and lure them in. One by one they would call their names for winning a lesser prize while in attendance, then lead them out to a separate area for “processing”.

You know what one of the worst parts of one of these stings was? To claim their prizes they had to go to a police station! Which is an interesting parallel when Mike is the sponsor....
    Well, I guess I left out one specific detail. Instead of asking them to come directly to the jailhouse to claim their prize, (LOL) they lured them in to rented banquet halls and such for the initial "Prize Party/Raffle".
    WaltBasil:
    twistedstem:
    MorganGeo:
    PM Sent

Uh oh! This is getting out of hand!

Jetmech_63:
    I feel this is accurate... haha
    curtiscr79:
    RedRex06:
    SleevePlz:

MorganGeo:

Wow, thanks for making me feel old.... Not alive in the 80's, these kids these days! HAHAHA

I'll just leave this here...
  • curtpickcurtpick Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,600
    MorganGeo:
    MorganGeo:
    Your a durty Man Morgan ! LOL
  • dandin1dandin1 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 175
    RedRex06:
    WaltBasil:
    twistedstem:
    MorganGeo:
    PM Sent

Uh oh! This is getting out of hand!

Jetmech_63:
    I feel this is accurate... haha

I can only make one suggestion for you now....,Buy a bigger humi. Quickly.
    curtpick:
    MorganGeo:
    MorganGeo:
    :):) I am learning bad habits from the vets on the forum. lol
  • MVW67MVW67 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,447
    MorganGeo:
    curtpick:
    MorganGeo:
    MorganGeo:
    :):) I am learning bad habits from the vets on the forum. lol
    this is funny but at least I have a Master Address list when I ask for one/addy so I don't feel that guilty...LOL
    dandin1:
    Luckily I've got that covered! 100ct + 50ct + 10ct = plenty o' space. image
  • WaltBasilWaltBasil Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,675
    RedRex06:
    dandin1:
    Luckily I've got that covered! 100ct + 50ct + 10ct = plenty o' space. image
    He'll be the next one starting a "Bought My First Cooler" thread.