Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

The Game of Football

Comments

• SmokeeeSmokeee Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 221
    Vulchor:
    What the he!!, lets get back in this week to the game which I created and has in turn dominated me on many occasions:) Steelers, Saints, Ravens, Packers, Seahawks, Indy, Jax, Chiefs, Vikings, Patriots, Jets, Titans, Raiders, Chargers, Giants, Cardinals total points 35
    So, as the creator of this game, perhaps you can clarify this MNF total points?
    Are two people allowed to pick the same number of points?
    If so, and it comes down to as close it was last week, then who wins?
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    Smokeee:
    Vulchor:
    What the he!!, lets get back in this week to the game which I created and has in turn dominated me on many occasions:) Steelers, Saints, Ravens, Packers, Seahawks, Indy, Jax, Chiefs, Vikings, Patriots, Jets, Titans, Raiders, Chargers, Giants, Cardinals total points 35
    MNF are points combined for the two teams. and no, u can't pick the same number as someone else cuz it's used as a tie breaker.
  • ejenne87ejenne87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,921
    Krieg:
    Smokeee:
    Vulchor:
    MNF are points combined for the two teams. and no, u can't pick the same number as someone else cuz it's used as a tie breaker.
    in that case, Smokeee has already picked 35 points as the total for MNF. I know that the winning team in your picks is different, this could still result in a tie after MNF. Just fyi
  • clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,750
    plaidbanana1:
    Pit, NO, Bal, GB, Hou, Ind, Mia, Buf, Min, NE, NYJ, Ten, Was, SD, Phi, Ari. 44 points.
    Oh you 1 point underbidding beyotch!!! You're like that one chick at the end of the row on The Price Is Right! "I bid $751.00 Bob!!!"
  • VulchorVulchor Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,176
    Actually Krieg, and everyone else for that matter....I have been doing pools like this at work and even school for years and I have never heard the rule you cant pick the same points. The fact that there are different picks each week and combined with tiebreaker there should very infrequently be a tie. The point spread only matters if there is a tie going into the final game, and both people pick the same team for the same score which is rare. If there are 2 people in running and have different Monday night picks which causes a tie..the person who picked the MNF game correctly is the winner. If going into Monday 2 people are tied with same team and same points selected then they may choose another point total. But to say only one point total can be taken in the entire pool, is not true as it rarely (but not never) comes down to that.
  • plaidbanana1plaidbanana1 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 187
    clearlysuspect:
    plaidbanana1:
    Pit, NO, Bal, GB, Hou, Ind, Mia, Buf, Min, NE, NYJ, Ten, Was, SD, Phi, Ari. 44 points.
    Oh you 1 point underbidding beyotch!!! You're like that one chick at the end of the row on The Price Is Right! "I bid $751.00 Bob!!!"
    Holy Crap! I didn't intentionaly make all the same picks as you. It is pretty funny though.
  • gmill880gmill880 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,947
    how many in a row is that Pittsburgh has lost ?
    clearlysuspect:
    plaidbanana1:
    I immediatley thought of this when I read your post! Link
    LOL
    Vulchor:
    Actually Krieg, and everyone else for that matter....I have been doing pools like this at work and even school for years and I have never heard the rule you cant pick the same points. The fact that there are different picks each week and combined with tiebreaker there should very infrequently be a tie. The point spread only matters if there is a tie going into the final game, and both people pick the same team for the same score which is rare. If there are 2 people in running and have different Monday night picks which causes a tie..the person who picked the MNF game correctly is the winner. If going into Monday 2 people are tied with same team and same points selected then they may choose another point total. But to say only one point total can be taken in the entire pool, is not true as it rarely (but not never) comes down to that.
    Soooo...you can or can't pick the same points?
    Can. Only would matter in the event that numbers correct were the same, including the Monday night game being the same score and same pick. If that does happen, usually it would be 50/50 split----but since its cigars and not a money pool, we would have to have a 2nd tie breaker at that time. Maybe score of the winning team as a 2nd tie breaker prior to Monday night game.
    plaidbanana1:
    clearlysuspect:
    plaidbanana1:
    Holy Crap! I didn't intentionaly make all the same picks as you. It is pretty funny though.
    Wow! I didn't even notice that we had the same picks. I guess great minds think alike.
  • JZJZ Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 827
    Vulchor:
    Can. Only would matter in the event that numbers correct were the same, including the Monday night game being the same score and same pick. If that does happen, usually it would be 50/50 split----but since its cigars and not a money pool, we would have to have a 2nd tie breaker at that time. Maybe score of the winning team as a 2nd tie breaker prior to Monday night game.
    I think to keep things simple it should be first come firsr served. If we get into multiple tie breakers then it will get confusing, but thats just my suggestion.
  • SmokeeeSmokeee Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 221
    JZ:
    Vulchor:
    I think to keep things simple it should be first come firsr served. If we get into multiple tie breakers then it will get confusing, but thats just my suggestion.
    I have to agree... and in sprit of keeping things simple and a fun game for all who enjoy playing.
    Here's an idea. Pick whatever you want. If by some strange coincidence it becomes a tie, whoever made their picks first gets the package from whoever won last week. Whoever made their picks second receives a package from the the person who picked first and owes next weeks winner a package. So the person who ties and picked first will both receive a package in that week and send a package that week. Whoever picked second will receive a package that week and pay the winner next week. This way, everyone wins and the game continues. What do you guys think????
    clearlysuspect:
    Here's an idea. Pick whatever you want. If by some strange coincidence it becomes a tie, whoever made their picks first gets the package from whoever won last week. Whoever made their picks second receives a package from the the person who picked first and owes next weeks winner a package. So the person who ties and picked first will both receive a package in that week and send a package that week. Whoever picked second will receive a package that week and pay the winner next week. This way, everyone wins and the game continues. What do you guys think????
    Not to be a pain, but I think that we are talking points here and not teams, so I think that if you want a specific total points then it should be picked early in the week. I can see problems arising from 2 winners in a week. Total points are really just a guess anyhow but thats just my opinion. Hope I didnt offend anyone, it was not my intention if I did.
    JZ:
    Vulchor:
    I agree
    clearlysuspect:
    Is it me, or does this sound confusing as hell?
    my head popped, Im so confused
  • ejenne87ejenne87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,921
    Krieg:
    clearlysuspect:
    Is it me, or does this sound confusing as hell?
    I followed.
    JZ:
    clearlysuspect:
    Not to be a pain, but I think that we are talking points here and not teams, so I think that if you want a specific total points then it should be picked early in the week. I can see problems arising from 2 winners in a week. Total points are really just a guess anyhow but thats just my opinion. Hope I didnt offend anyone, it was not my intention if I did.
    Yeah. I'm talking about points too!
  • JWBJWB Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 18

clearlysuspect:

That has got to be the dumbest ass thing I've heard.  Way to trash a cool sounding contest.  Guess I'll look elsewhere to join in different games.  What a cheese d i c k.  Oh yeah, Merry Christmas.

• kingjk729kingjk729 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,487
    WOW am I glad that your not joining our forum, how much more of a douche can you be. I mean seriously. I like the idea that clearly came up with. Iam in for that in the event of a tie
    Ahhh... JK.... stop changing your post, I'm trying to quote you! LOL
    JWB:

clearlysuspect:

That has got to be the dumbest ass thing I've heard.  Way to trash a cool sounding contest.  Guess I'll look elsewhere to join in different games.  What a cheese d i c k.  Oh yeah, Merry Christmas.

Really! JWB.... Johnny Walker Blue........ I think we all know who this dipstick is. If you don't, or if you're new, I'll remind everyone that this is the troll who was beatin into reclusion by the members of this forum and the moderators about 6 months ago.

What a naughty little troll you are to show your face in daylight. Back under the bridge. Back under the bridge!!!!
    JWB:

clearlysuspect:

JWB? It couldn't be ol Blue...
    JWB:

clearlysuspect:

Oh, and Merry Christmas to you too!
    Well atleast he's got the festive mood!! Heres my final thought on picks, what would be the plan if more than 2 picked the same score? What if everyone tied but 1 lone guy? I really think that we should really consider only allowing 1 person to pick a total points scored. I am for keeping the game simple and fun.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    This will be my first and last post on the subject, but I'd suggest you all just ignore the troll and report him so Alex or Josh can take care of him...again. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this how herpes works?, just when you think it's gone, it comes rearing its ugly head. Are you a herpe ole Johnny? loser
  • gmill880gmill880 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,947
    j0z3r:
    This will be my first and last post on the subject, but I'd suggest you all just ignore the troll and report him so Alex or Josh can take care of him...again. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this how herpes works?, just when you think it's gone, it comes rearing its ugly head. Are you a herpe ole Johnny? loser

Hahahaha !!!
  • JWBJWB Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 18