Home Non Cigar Related

Any one watching the Olympics..?

jd50aejd50ae Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,109
It just occurred to me I have watched maybe 5 minutes of the Olympics. I use to watch as much as I could...

Comments

• MorganGeoMorganGeo Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,606
    I watch the womens' hiney in the figure skating.
  • Bob LukenBob Luken Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,664
    MorganGeo:
    Bahahhahaha! Me too.
  • webmostwebmost Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,131
    I tried. I really did. Several times. Could not do it. Women's hockey, forsooth. Team figure skatin, fer cryin out loud... as if synchronized swimmin in Summer wasn't enough. Cross country skiing with rifles coming down the stretch, and the announcer was shouting hysterically like something so exciting was going on.

Only thing entertaining about the Olympics is the Sochi hotel mess. That and Bob Costas' pink eye from the filthy water.

• Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,228
    MorganGeo:
    the Russian chick had a nice body!!
  • RainRain Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 8,761
  • brianetz1brianetz1 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,898
    winter olympics = hot Norwegian chicks.....yes i am watching it.
  • twistedstemtwistedstem Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,691
    The wife is a huge Olympics fanatic,so its pretty much on 24/7 at our house.she even been texting me updates while I'm at work...just watched the women's curling now .which actually is my favorite to watch.
  • PAtoNHPAtoNH Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 430
    Any girl name Svetlana is okay in my book… haven't tuned in yet… always laugh when I hear "triple sow cow"… or whatever.
  • jgibvjgibv Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,996
    webmost:
    I tried. I really did. Several times. Could not do it. Women's hockey, forsooth. Team figure skatin, fer cryin out loud... as if synchronized swimmin in Summer wasn't enough. Cross country skiing with rifles coming down the stretch, and the announcer was shouting hysterically like something so exciting was going on.

Only thing entertaining about the Olympics is the Sochi hotel mess. That and Bob Costas' pink eye from the filthy water.

Agree with Davis, I want to enjoy it...but dang it's hard to watch.
    And NBCs tape delay is a load of $hit, I've been reading the results online and catching "highlights" before the events shown on TV; no incentive to watch them live IMO.

Hope to watch the (men's) hockey though, 4 bluejackets are playing for team Russia....would it be unAmerican if I want to root for them?
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    jgibv:
    webmost:

And NBCs tape delay is a load of $hit, I've been reading the results online and catching "highlights" before the events shown on TV; no incentive to watch them live IMO.

Hope to watch the (men's) hockey though, 4 bluejackets are playing for team Russia....would it be unAmerican if I want to root for them?
    How dare you even entertain the thought..
    kaspera79:
    jgibv:
    webmost:

How dare you even entertain the thought..
    Could care for less for Russia otherwise.....ok ok I'll root for USA (& Russia) but if they end up playing each other then USA USA USA!!!! Shhiiittt I'm probably on some FBI list now LOL
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,739
    Curling and the Biathlon are effing awesome.
  • perkinkeperkinke Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,562
    I caught some of the SuperG and women's snowboarding last night. Can't get into this "team figure skating" thing and the luge just makes me queasy.

"What drunken, German gynecologist invented this sport (the luge)? What guy went, 'I want to dress like a sperm, shove an ice skate up my ass, and ride balls first down an ice chute. Ya. That would be fun.'?" -Robin Williams
  • brianetz1brianetz1 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,898
    danielzreyes:
    curling yes.....biathlon.....uhhh no
  • Thanatos0320Thanatos0320 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 444
    I haven't and feel bad about it. I saw 1 team figure skating event
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 10,949
    I heard the water looks like pee...ewwww..saw the girls ski around in their outfits with rifles. I liked it, a lot!
    brianetz1:
    danielzreyes:
    curling yes.....biathlon.....uhhh no
    Curling is cool. "Hurry, Hurry. Haaarrrrrrd!" I haven't bumped into any Olympic curling. I did watch the qualifiers weeks back. Gotta say, those old time Scots devised odd fascinating games. One day tossing a log, next day rolling a hailstone sized ball into a gopher hole, next day caroming a rock across a frozen pond. Haggis and bagpipes. If only they could have been taught to speak English.
  • IsraIsra Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 8
    I'm watching it.
    it's great. Snowboard gay is the best
    visit this site https://www.cubancigarsbest.com/
  • MarkerMarker Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,524
    Lee.mcglynn:
    MorganGeo:
    She's 15...
  • PAtoNHPAtoNH Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 430
    Marker:
    Lee.mcglynn:
    MorganGeo:
    She's 15...
    that's problem gents… just sayin'
  • Glock1975Glock1975 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,372
    Yeah what else do i have to do, either that or mickey mouse club.
  • RainRain Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 8,761
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    I must have missed that event, Did anyone win the Gold ?
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    Been enjoying hockey a lot. Women's have been good this year, well USA and Canada, Finland too. Men's just started yesterday. Been dvring them and my evenings have been full of hockey good ness.
    Good SO win in hockey this am, USA. Great effort by both teams, good game Russia.
  • bert873bert873 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 854
    Oshie is $ in the shoot out! That was a GREAT game.
    bert873:
    Oshie is $ in the shoot out! That was a GREAT game.
    Yeah impressed by him, don't think bob was expecting him to go between the legs again. Good saves by both quick & bob....nice goal by oshie
    Russia looked good against Norway this a.m. And kudos to bob for the shut out. Hope Russia and US both make it to the gold medal game, would love to see them play each other again.
  • jd50aejd50ae Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,109
    OMG.....I caught myself watching curling....
    I watched riots in Kiev. Does that count?