Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

Charity Contest for LLS -- Winners announced!!!

SleevePlzSleevePlz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,408
Hey guys, Every year, I coordinate an annual fundraiser at my school for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. For the first time this year, they have enabled online donations. So I decided to do a little contest here for anyone that would like to donate to a charity that helps children with cancer!!! The contest will be pretty simple. For every $5 donated, you will receive one entry into a drawing. The fundraiser ends on March 14th, so I will do the drawing shortly after that. I haven't picked out a prize pack yet, but expect it to be pretty ridiculous given the nature of the contest :) The link to the donation site is below. DONATE HERE Thank you in advance!!! Entries: blutattoo - 10 flowbee - 4 Bad Daddy Rabbit - 56 Bigshizza - 6 C-LOVE - 4 Pross - 20 Patrickbrick - 10 Chuck N - 5 RCY - 16 Tyland64 - 6 Curtpick - 16 Rain - 40 ckrddsmke - 5 brianetz1 - 4 jgibv - 10 thehilk - 4 Prizes available: Cigar sampler from me (tbd) Crowned Heads Six Shooter Sampler from me 2013 Toast Across America and Xikar Executive torch - donated by Chuck N 5 pack of Montecristo Buena Fortuna - donated by ckrddsmke Surprise prize pack from Bigshizza

Comments

• MarkerMarker Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,524
    We have done something similar to this before with Ken Light and ALS. People donated cigars and others bid on them. The winning bidder put the money in the charity fund and the donater (I realize that is not a word) shipped the cigars to the winner after seeing proof of donation. This way people can donate cigars and others can donate money. It garnered a lot more dollars donated imo.

Link = http://www.cigar.com/cs/forums/2/575328/ShowThread.aspx
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,408
    Marker:
    We have done something similar to this before with Ken Light and ALS. People donated cigars and others bid on them. The winning bidder put the money in the charity fund and the donater (I realize that is not a word) shipped the cigars to the winner after seeing proof of donation. This way people can donate cigars and others can donate money. It garnered a lot more dollars donated imo.

Link = http://www.cigar.com/cs/forums/2/575328/ShowThread.aspx
    I would not be at all opposed to others jumping in here and help out in any way that they choose. If anyone wants to offer up a cigar package for a donation, that is absolutely awesome. I will also include them in the contest drawing for their donation amount in addition to whatever cigar package they "bought" from another member. If I recall correctly, I won a package from you and/or Shaun during Ken's last run.
  • blutattooblutattoo Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,100
    My pops died of Lymphoma. Terrible damn disease, and it's gotta be twice as bad for a kid. I'll be happy to donate some sticks to the prize pack and I'll donate some cash when I get home. Let me know where I can send the sticks when you're ready.
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 10,949
    Shafty I will donate sticks for a 2nd place member or send them to you! I will donate some $$ as soon as I can. My mom died of pancreatic cancer...
  • bert873bert873 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 854
    My dad passed away from multiple myeloma in 2012. I will donate $$ as soon as the funds are available.
  • jsnakejsnake Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,037
    Gonna check it out and try to make a donation this weekend. Answered my own question.
  • blutattooblutattoo Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,100
    Donation made, although I'm not sure who to credit the donation to so I just left that part blank. Good luck on your goal and let me know if you need any sticks for the prize.
    blutattoo:
    Donation made, although I'm not sure who to credit the donation to so I just left that part blank. Good luck on your goal and let me know if you need any sticks for the prize.
    Jason, thank you very much for the donation!

If anyone wants to donate cigars for additional prizes, that's awesome. Please just let me know and I'll just have you ship to the individual winners rather than to me. Another option is to hold a small auction for your cigar sampler and the winning bid gets donated. Anything that anyone wants to do is totally okay with me and greatly appreciated! Feel free to pm me with any questions.
  • brianetz1brianetz1 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,898
    I mean, if i donate you all know i am going to win......
  • Chuck NChuck N Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 792
    Ill donate a 2013 Toast Across America sealed unopened 2 cigar set and a brand new xikar executive torch lighter to the cause. More than happy to do it. Let me know who wins it and Ill send it out.
    Chuck N:
    Ill donate a 2013 Toast Across America sealed unopened 2 cigar set and a brand new xikar executive torch lighter to the cause. More than happy to do it. Let me know who wins it and Ill send it out.
    Thank you very much Chuck!!! I'll update the first post with the additional prizes.
    Thank you for the donation, flowbee!!!
  • Glock1975Glock1975 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,372
    Tony, since no 1 has down the auction thing yet, i will go ahead and do that for ya, is there a time frame youn need the donations made by? i will put up a nice sampler and whoever bids the most wins it and money will be either sent to me or the winner can send directly to you which will be easier. Let me know if u have a deadline on this so i can limit the auction days. Sampler wil b posted later today. If the sampler doesnt make alot i will just keep adding smokes to it or just donate myself. Hope this helps Teach.
    Bigshizza:
    Done Shafty!
    Thanks Jim and also James (BDR)! The support has already exceeded my expectations!
    Glock1975:
    Tony, since no 1 has down the auction thing yet, i will go ahead and do that for ya, is there a time frame youn need the donations made by? i will put up a nice sampler and whoever bids the most wins it and money will be either sent to me or the winner can send directly to you which will be easier. Let me know if u have a deadline on this so i can limit the auction days. Sampler wil b posted later today. If the sampler doesnt make alot i will just keep adding smokes to it or just donate myself. Hope this helps Teach.
    Thank you very much Ray! The fundraising goes until 3/14, so there is no rush. I greatly appreciate it. It would be easiest if the winner just directly donated through the link in the original post. Thanks again!
    SleevePlz:
    Glock1975:
    Thank you very much Ray! The fundraising goes until 3/14, so there is no rush. I greatly appreciate it. It would be easiest if the winner just directly donated through the link in the original post. Thanks again!
    Awesome bro, no thanks needed. I will post it up today and lets say auction will run a week. Whoever wins it will pay to link directly. U my favorite Teach :)
    Glock1975:
    SleevePlz:
    Glock1975:
    Awesome bro, no thanks needed. I will post it up today and lets say auction will run a week. Whoever wins it will pay to link directly. U my favorite Teach :)
    Ray, you rule. Can't wait to see what you have in store.
    SleevePlz:
    Glock1975:
    SleevePlz:
    Glock1975:
    Ray, you rule. Can't wait to see what you have in store.
    It's good... I tell ya
  • C-LOVEC-LOVE Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,249
    Donation made Tony, nice work. Lost my Mother to *** cancer 6 yrs ago.
    C-LOVE:
    Good man Chris.
    C-LOVE:
    Thanks Chris. Lost my mother to cancer when I was four. Sucks.
  • prosspross Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 739
    Donation made Tony. Lost my mom at 57 to AML. Good luck and thank you for your involvement.

pross:
    Donation made Tony. Lost my mom at 57 to AML. Good luck and thank you for your involvement.

Thank you very much Paul!
  • curtpickcurtpick Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,600
    Great cause and will be sure to get something donated soon .
  • PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 808
    I saw this and had to donate, nothing needed in return. This is a great a cause.
  • PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 808
    Had to, the love of my life lost her grand father to this.
    Patrickbrick:
    I saw this and had to donate, nothing needed in return. This is a great a cause.
    Thank you very much for the donation Patrick! I will not promise anything in return, but I am putting your name in the drawing :)