Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

Puff_Dougie makes it a family affair

jsnakejsnake Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,037
My family got bombed today. Puff decided to send my daughter a card and a very soft cuddly teddybear which she absolutely loves. She says thank you. He also included a nice selection of sticks and an anniversary card for the wife and me. My wife says thank you it was all very sweet. And I thank you brother. Most of all thanks for your thoughts and prayers.

And to update you all my daughter had her blood drawn and tested again today and her hemoglobin was up to 10.4 and her billirubin is normal. They ruled out another virus and may never know what triggered this. They checked most major viruses but there are too many for them to check them all. She is going back to school tomorrow.

Thank you! image[/

Comments

• curtiscr79curtiscr79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 859
    That's really good news, I'm so glad she is recovering.
  • Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,182
    So glad the cigars arrived safe and sound. They had a good body guard! :^)

Best news of the day regarding your daughter's recovery, Jake! God is so good! Now go out and treat your bride to a Valentine's Day/Anniversary to remember!!!
  • jsnakejsnake Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,037
    Puff_Dougie:
    So glad the cigars arrived safe and sound. They had a good body guard! :^)

Best news of the day regarding your daughter's recovery, Jake! God is so good! Now go out and treat your bride to a Valentine's Day/Anniversary to remember!!!
    Japanese Steakhouse and cigars for us. Will probably hit the Scotch or champagne but I also have some Boulevard Chocolate Ale set aside.
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 10,949
    Very nice Dougie! Glad to hear she's going back to school Jake! Have a great time!
  • WaltBasilWaltBasil Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,675
    Gentleman Doug. good on you!
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    Jake this is good news to hear.. I continue to keep your family in my thoughts and Prayers, Is she the one anxious to get back into school, silly child, she should relax at home with some ice cream and that new Teddy bear. Very thoughtful, by the way Doug.
  • bbass2bbass2 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,056
    Nice hit and glad to hear your daughter is getting better!
    kaspera79:
    Jake this is good news to hear.. I continue to keep your family in my thoughts and Prayers, Is she the one anxious to get back into school, silly child, she should relax at home with some ice cream and that new Teddy bear. Very thoughtful, by the way Doug.
    They said she could go back Tuesday but she had a fever Monday night and I needed to meet with the school to ensure they were aware of the situation and to ensure her health is not compromised. This blood disorder is triggered by the cold and she has to stay warm plus her immune system is compromised due to heavy steroids. We have amazing schools here and her teacher is incredible. We decided to wait until after today's blood work. We are still nervous but school is 2 minutes away and I am still off work. She wants to go for Valentine's Day and to see her friends. She went to ballet tonight but had to wear sweats and a jacket the entire time. Then she went to Girl Scouts. Kind of a test run to see if she was up to being at school all day tomorrow. She did great.

To everyone who prayed and kept us in your thoughts thank you! I can't say it enough.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    Yeah.. it's funny with kids, they just want to be back to their regular stuff with other kids to make them "feel" better. And Valentines parties are important to young girls. Girl Scouts, ballet, being with friends, the school party, that's what they want to make them feel better.
  • flowbeeflowbee Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,100
    This is great news all around!! I am happy your daughter is doing better, and Doug that was a great mailing!!
    This is what keeps me interested, Real BOTL!!!!
    Wasn't sure where to post this so I figured I would here. Daughter got a very nice welcome back at school today. Just thought this was too cool to not share. Tonight she prayed over dinner and told Gold thank you for making her better and for her life. Yes thank you God! So sweet. I just can't imagine life without her.

• WaltBasilWaltBasil Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,675
    That is very nice.
    Teacher just sent me this one. Here she is. Had to share.

• Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,182
    Great picture, Jake. So awesome to see her looking like she never missed a beat!