Home Non Cigar Related

Camping!

WaltBasilWaltBasil Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,675
We are going camping this weekend! We'll head out to Big Bend National Forest on Saturday and return Monday. Live in a tent for couple nights. Do some hiking. Take in the breath taking views. I love it down there.

Of course that means I have to begin the arduous task of picking out WHAT sticks to smoke while I'm there. I know it's only for 2 nights, and that should call for 2 cigars, however, just like you can't just ship out 2 cigars in a small flat rate box (I mean, you could... but would you? Heck no!). I suppose I could bring two single finger tubes, but I'd rather bring the 10-pack herfador. Like Goerge Carlin would've said, a smaller version of my stuff.

Comments

• flowbeeflowbee Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,100
    Sounds fantastic Walt, please take a few snaps, I would love to see the breath-taking views!!!
  • EchambersEchambers Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,335
    WaltBasil:
    We are going camping this weekend! We'll head out to Big Bend National Forest on Saturday and return Monday. Live in a tent for couple nights. Do some hiking. Take in the breath taking views. I love it down there.

Of course that means I have to begin the arduous task of picking out WHAT sticks to smoke while I'm there. I know it's only for 2 nights, and that should call for 2 cigars, however, just like you can't just ship out 2 cigars in a small flat rate box (I mean, you could... but would you? Heck no!). I suppose I could bring two single finger tubes, but I'd rather bring the 10-pack herfador. Like Goerge Carlin would've said, a smaller version of my stuff.
    Have fun! I love camping and my sweet just said she'd try with me. Can't wait for the summer.
  • webmostwebmost Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,131
    I love those black plastic telescoping tubes when I go motorcycle camping. Bulletproof. Pack anywhere. Keep a cigar in perfect condition.
  • twistedstemtwistedstem Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,691
    Very cool! Have a great time and watch out for bears....have a safe trip brother.
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,228
    Haven't been camping in years and really miss it!! Just being one with nature and having a fresh fish fry god it's bliss! Plus a stogie damn life is good!
  • WaltBasilWaltBasil Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,675
    For a biker... a Friday afternoon can't get much better than this... preparing for Saturday's ride, enjoying a brew and smoking a cigar! Gotta get it nice and shiny...

• MorganGeoMorganGeo Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,606
    WaltBasil:
    For a biker... a Friday afternoon can't get much better than this... preparing for Saturday's ride, enjoying a brew and smoking a cigar! Gotta get it nice and shiny...

that fellas...is my hero
    The micro version of my stuff:

Also, on the lower level are some hoya excalibur minis. For those little breaks.
  • webmostwebmost Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,131
    How'd the camp trip go? Got pics?

Had my eye on a ride down the Blue Ridge Parkway to a camping trip in Tellicoe Plains last weekend of this month. But the way things have been, there'll prolly still be ice on the Ridge. Certainly at Mt. Pisgah.

First day was horrible. Bad winds. Cold. 2nd day was good after the morning. Got some good hiking in. Beautiful pictures. Day 3 was beautiful and that was just riding home. I'll post pics here when I get a chance later. Or if one were to look for me on FaceBook (Walter Basil and friend request me) You can see them all in my Big Bend 2014 album.
    WaltBasil:
    First day was horrible. Bad winds. Cold. 2nd day was good after the morning. Got some good hiking in. Beautiful pictures. Day 3 was beautiful and that was just riding home. I'll post pics here when I get a chance later. Or if one were to look for me on FaceBook (Walter Basil and friend request me) You can see them all in my Big Bend 2014 album.
    Cool. I will hit your FB up
    Pictures...
    Me leaving El Paso
    This is what we call The Willie Nelson Rest Stop. The checkpoint he always gets arrested at for having some of the devil's weed. You think He'd learn.
    Our tent set up
    Me and my wife, Carol, at Santa Elena Canyon
    This gives you an idea of the shear size of this canyon. There is a canoe in the river
    Pics look great Walt, ty for sharing bro!
  • StubbleStubble Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,305
    Great pics...thanks for sharing!!
  • dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,519
    Thats amazing walt! Looks like a damn fun trip!

Aj
  • EchambersEchambers Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,335
    Very nice. I am jealous.
  • bbass2bbass2 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,056
  • SasquatchSasquatch Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 228
    Great pics! Looks like an awesome camping trip.