Home General Discussion

What did you get today?

Comments

• ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,539
    xmacro:
    New computer :D

i7-2720QM, 6GB DDR3 RAM, 1080p screen, 3GB GT 555M GPU
    Nice, the i7 is a good chip and I believe the 2720QM just came out Q1 2011. Have fun brother.
  • xmacroxmacro Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,402
    ShotgunJohn:
    xmacro:
    New computer :D

i7-2720QM, 6GB DDR3 RAM, 1080p screen, 3GB GT 555M GPU
    Nice, the i7 is a good chip and I believe the 2720QM just came out Q1 2011. Have fun brother.
    Oh, this baby is gonna do me just fine for a long time :D

And this day just keeps getting better - just got a fiver of Gurkha Regent box-pressed torpedoes from Ccom :D
  • dpenyakdpenyak Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1
    Been smoking cigars about a year and just made my first "informed" trip to a local cigar shop (newbie girl here). Bought 7 sticks: Gurkha Evil Toro Gurkha Evil XO Macanudo 1968 CAO Kuba Maduro 601 Robusto Red 601 Box Pressed Blue Torpedo Partagas 1845 Black Magnifico Hope y'all are doin' well.
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,317
    dpenyak:
    Been smoking cigars about a year and just made my first "informed" trip to a local cigar shop (newbie girl here). Bought 7 sticks: Gurkha Evil Toro Gurkha Evil XO Macanudo 1968 CAO Kuba Maduro 601 Robusto Red 601 Box Pressed Blue Torpedo Partagas 1845 Black Magnifico Hope y'all are doin' well.
    Nice and welcome.

• BlueRingsBlueRings Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 367
    Box of Padilla 1932 Torpedos. Thank you CCom for an awesome buy..
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    Did a box split with Russ55 for some Illusione Epernay Le Ferme. Love that cigar.
  • Russ55Russ55 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,762
    j0z3r:
    Did a box split with Russ55 for some Illusione Epernay Le Ferme. Love that cigar.
    I've been fighting the urge to light one of them today. It's kind of windy and crappy out now, and I'm not sure if they've rested long enough.
    Russ55:
    j0z3r:
    I've been fighting the urge to light one of them today. It's kind of windy and crappy out now, and I'm not sure if they've rested long enough.
    In my experience, these need very little rest, really only enough to even out the humidity.
  • ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,539
    dpenyak:
    Been smoking cigars about a year and just made my first "informed" trip to a local cigar shop (newbie girl here). Bought 7 sticks:

Gurkha Evil Toro
    Gurkha Evil XO
    Macanudo 1968
    CAO Kuba Maduro
    601 Robusto Red
    601 Box Pressed Blue Torpedo
    Partagas 1845 Black Magnifico
    Hope y'all are doin' well.
    The Evil and Partagas Black are great
    Welcome to the board
  • RCY CigarsRCY Cigars Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,346
    ShotgunJohn:
    dpenyak:
    Been smoking cigars about a year and just made my first "informed" trip to a local cigar shop (newbie girl here). Bought 7 sticks:

Gurkha Evil Toro
    Gurkha Evil XO
    Macanudo 1968
    CAO Kuba Maduro
    601 Robusto Red
    601 Box Pressed Blue Torpedo
    Partagas 1845 Black Magnifico
    Hope y'all are doin' well.
    The Evil and Partagas Black are great
    Welcome to the board

+1
    Welcome to the boards, the CAO Kuba Kuba was one of my first cigars...
  • smoke em if you got emsmoke em if you got em Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,119
    Got my 10pk from Tims deal..decided to try them at least and a 5pk of Perdomo Habano Maduros
  • HaybletHayblet Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,400
    Today I got.... Photobucket

bout to go fire one up...
    Got Tim's package from the Illusione deal - 2 MJ12's, 1 Kristoff, 1 Carillo; gonna smoke an MJ12 tonight, lay the rest to bed for a week or so
  • michaelharveymichaelharvey Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 201
    Man O' War Puro Authentico, Corona, Habano, 5 X 42 Weekend Blitz, Sampler Extravaganza 1 x Casa Magna Gran Toro (6"x56) 1 x Fonseca Cubano Limitado Toro (6"x50) 1 x Cu-Avana Toro (6"x50) 1 x Tributo Julio (5"x50) 1 x Casa Magna Oscuro Toro (6"x52) 1 x CAO Black Bengal (6"x50) 1 x CAO 'VR' Moby (6"x50) 1 x CAO Brazilia Gol! (5"x56) 1 x CAO Mx2 Robusto (5"x52) 1 x CAO Italia Ciao (5"x56) 2 x Ave Maria Lionheart (5.5"x55) 2 x 5 Vegas Cask-Strength II (6"x52) 2 x Rocky Patel Decade Torpedo (6.5"x52) 2 x Nica Libre Imperial (6"x54) 2 x Nub 466 Box-Press Torpedo Cameroon (4"x66) 2 x Oliva Master Blends III Torpedo (6"x52) 2 x Padilla Miami Robusto (5"x50) 2 x Padilla Series '68 Robusto (5"x50) 2 x Padilla Hybrid Churchill (7"x48) 2 x Padilla Cazadores Torpedo (6"x52) 2 x Padilla Dominus Robusto (5"x50) Gurkha Empire Taster Pack Empire I, Empire II, Empire III, Empire IV, Empire V and Empire VI Humi-Care 16 oz. Cigar Juice Herf-a-Dor X40 - 40-ct [BLK](diffrent site) That is what i bought today. I havent had a lot of them so....heres to new things.
  • Russ55Russ55 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,762
    michaelharvey:
    Man O' War Puro Authentico, Corona, Habano, 5 X 42

Weekend Blitz, Sampler Extravaganza
    1 x Casa Magna Gran Toro (6"x56)
    1 x Fonseca Cubano Limitado Toro (6"x50)
    1 x Cu-Avana Toro (6"x50)
    1 x Tributo Julio (5"x50)
    1 x Casa Magna Oscuro Toro (6"x52)
    1 x CAO Black Bengal (6"x50)
    1 x CAO 'VR' Moby (6"x50)
    1 x CAO Brazilia Gol! (5"x56)
    1 x CAO Mx2 Robusto (5"x52)
    1 x CAO Italia Ciao (5"x56)
    2 x Ave Maria Lionheart (5.5"x55)
    2 x 5 Vegas Cask-Strength II (6"x52)
    2 x Rocky Patel Decade Torpedo (6.5"x52)
    2 x Nica Libre Imperial (6"x54)
    2 x Nub 466 Box-Press Torpedo Cameroon (4"x66)
    2 x Oliva Master Blends III Torpedo (6"x52)
    2 x Padilla Miami Robusto (5"x50)
    2 x Padilla Series '68 Robusto (5"x50)
    2 x Padilla Hybrid Churchill (7"x48)
    2 x Padilla Cazadores Torpedo (6"x52)
    2 x Padilla Dominus Robusto (5"x50)

Gurkha Empire Taster Pack
    Empire I, Empire II, Empire III, Empire IV, Empire V and Empire VI

Humi-Care 16 oz. Cigar Juice

Herf-a-Dor X40 - 40-ct [BLK](diffrent site)

That is what i bought today. I havent had a lot of them so....heres to new things.
    Hope this helps. That's a lot of sticks, hope you have room.
  • 415415 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 951
    a new ashtray
    Photobucket
    prometheus lighter and case and a xi2 cutter
    Photobucket
    10er of Skull and Bones MOAB
    Photobucket
    a box of Skull and Bones WMD
    Photobucket
    also picked up a 5er of Tat Dracs and a box of MOW Puro Authentico
    Trade with MTucelli - stand up BOTL, even threw in a few extras for a our trade!!

Also got my order from newegg - 2x4GB Kingston Hyper-X 1600MHz RAM. Combined with the stock 6GB RAM, my new laptop now has 14GB RAM in it Big Smile [:D]

• rwheelwrightrwheelwright Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,294
    xmacro:
    Trade with MTucelli - stand up BOTL, even threw in a few extras for a our trade!!

Also got my order from newegg - 2x4GB Kingston Hyper-X 1600MHz RAM. Combined with the stock 6GB RAM, my new laptop now has 14GB RAM in it Big Smile [:D]

Never seen a laptop that had more than two memory slots or handled more than 8GB ram. What brand is it if you don't mind me asking?
  • beatnicbeatnic Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,133
    Went to the studio Tobac Event. Picked up a mix and match of straight ligero, F, and Datona. The Datona is very good.
    rwheelwright:
    xmacro:

Never seen a laptop that had more than two memory slots or handled more than 8GB ram. What brand is it if you don't mind me asking?
    Dell XPS 17. Technically, all the XPS 17's have 4 DIMM slots, but for whatever reason, unless you order the 1080p screen with the GT 555M GPU and i7-2720 or higher, they don't install clips on the last 2 DIMM slots so they're inaccessible. Am I ever gonna use all 14GB? Probably not, but it's only $100 for the 8GB of Kingston, I plan to use this as a desktop replacement for the next few years, and it's good to know if there's any problems, it's not gonna be because of too little RAM

I'm pretty sure the Alienware systems also have 4 DIMMs

That's insane, 14gb of RAM...you'll never have to worry about lagging out due to lack of memory, that's for damn sure. Go big or go home.Smile [:)]
  • bandyt09bandyt09 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,762
    I box Cain Daytona #4 and a 5 pack of Warlord Corona's. Good Day.
  • docbp87docbp87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,521
    Got a few San Lotanos.
  • RampMonkeyRampMonkey Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,808
    Received the 5 Vegas Series 'A' DD that Kelly hooked me up with. Just time to let them rest for this summer.
  • lcpleellcpleel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,447
    I got nothing...
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    lcpleel:
    I got nothing...
    ...or the charlie brown:

i got a rock

• phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    kuzi16:
    lcpleel:
    I got nothing...
    ...or the charlie brown:

i got a rock

my neighbor got one of those in his car window downtown the other day. Great stuff.
  • RCY CigarsRCY Cigars Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,346
    Box of Zino Embassy Selection Limited Edition Belicoso and 2 Davidoff Maduro's.

Photobucket
  • Nick2021Nick2021 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 938
    RCY Cigars:
    Box of Zino Embassy Selection Limited Edition Belicoso and 2 Davidoff Maduro's.

Photobucket
    nice pick-up on the Zinos!
  • Nick2021Nick2021 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 938
    Picked up some Montys and some Partagas as a present for a relative.