I'm gonna be the one here that goes, "What are they?"
  • onestrangeoneonestrangeone Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,423
    0patience:
    onestrangeone:
    A couple of classics from the B&M
    I'm gonna be the one here that goes, "What are they?"
    Mike Ditka 1985 championship series
  • jd50aejd50ae Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,109
    A draw tool and a large round humidifier. The black one is the standard size we are all use to.

• jd50aejd50ae Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,109
  • WaltBasilWaltBasil Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,675
    My 2 bags of KFC arrived. Original recipe. Also, Dolly seems to like the way they smell.
  • big chunksbig chunks Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,607
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,228
    big chunks:
    nice been eyeing that one up!!
  • musicman3musicman3 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 622
    Buddy just gave me these at dinner image
  • big chunksbig chunks Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,607
    Lee.mcglynn:
    big chunks:
    nice been eyeing that one up!!
    It's actually surprisingly comfortable using it to cut, very sharp
  • twistedstemtwistedstem Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,691
    jd50ae:
    Very cool.love the bow tie!!
  • twistedstemtwistedstem Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,691
    big chunks:
    Very nice looking gear!
  • costadelricacostadelrica Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7
    Went to the B&M on Saturday, bought a box of gurkha black dragon tubos, after in the house I really enjoy them.
  • EchambersEchambers Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,335
    costadelrica:
    Went to the B&M on Saturday, bought a box of gurkha black dragon tubos, after in the house I really enjoy them.
    All of them?
  • rzamanrzaman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,604
  • jsnakejsnake Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,037
    WaltBasil:
    My 2 bags of KFC arrived. Original recipe. Also, Dolly seems to like the way they smell.
    Walt where did you find them? Been looking all over for one or two and 2 shops here have never heard of them. Online is back ordered.
  • WaltBasilWaltBasil Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,675
    jsnake:
    Walt where did you find them? Been looking all over for one or two and 2 shops here have never heard of them. Online is back ordered.
    PM to you, sir.
    AJ makes these excellent cigars for Didier Houvenaghel who wrote the book The Cigars: From soil to soul. These cigars are for the European market. Didier is a wonderful guy and very knowledgable about cigar and tobacco plantation. I met him in AJ's factory last week. We had a great time and he also came to my house with AJ last Sunday for dinner. I have learned a lot from him. He is simply an amazing cultured guy to talk with. photo image_zpsd08b8cdf.jpg photo image_zps93875a8c.jpg
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,739
    Rip, these are what now?
    Daniel, AJ makes these excellent cigars for Didier Houvenaghel who wrote the book The Cigars: From soil to soul. These cigars are for the European market. They are excellent smoke with aged tobacco. They are very smooth and full of flavors.
    danielzreyes:
    Rip, these are what now?
    Guys forgot to mention. The new Viaje Oro Reserva No.5 is better than the original release. If you see them close your eyes and collect a box. The Viaje exclusives are good too but not worth of the price.
    rzaman:
    photo image_zps00ac13a7.jpg photo image_zpsaceed9ec.jpg photo image_zpsa64ada6b.jpg photo image_zps83d40701.jpg
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,739
    rzaman:
    Daniel, AJ makes these excellent cigars for Didier Houvenaghel who wrote the book The Cigars: From soil to soul. These cigars are for the European market. They are excellent smoke with aged tobacco. They are very smooth and full of flavors.
    danielzreyes:
    Rip, these are what now?
    Ah I gotcha. My cousin who is from Belgium sent me a European Nicarao sampler that AJ blended for DH.
    Ah so you have Belgian access. Wait few more months, Didier is going to release an exceptional cigar soon. I smoked one and I have to say that this new release is going to challenge some famous brands. I am not in a position to talk about it. these cigars will be very expensive, truly limited and for the niece market.
    danielzreyes:
    rzaman:
    danielzreyes:
    Rip, these are what now?
    Ah I gotcha. My cousin who is from Belgium sent me a European Nicarao sampler that AJ blended for DH.
  • 0patience0patience Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,767
    Curious as to why they seem to concentrate the bolder cigars for the US market. Yet the smoother, better tasting, in my opinion, are sent to the European market.
    Tony, I asked this question to AJ, Pepin, Nestor Placensia and other major cigar maskers. The answer is US market likes bolder and bigger ring gauge cigars so they make it for the market demand. However, they all enjoy medium or medium to full bodied cigars. Interestingly Europeans also getting into bigger ring gauge but not into bolder cigars. The torpedo shaped are loosing interest lately both in the US and Europe. The most popular size in Europe is still the Robusto. In the US its in Toro, 6 X 60 and box pressed. Europeans do not like box pressed. I talked with Deider of Nicarao last week who is very knowledgable about the European market. He is the one who provided me the information about European market trend. He also told me that Europeans are getting into non-Cuban lately. The popular brands are Vega Fina, Ashton, Davidoff, Arturo Fuente regular line and now AJ and Pepin. Padron is very new there. Europeans are still discovering non-Cuban cigars and the market is growing fast. last year the growth was 18%.
    0patience:
    Curious as to why they seem to concentrate the bolder cigars for the US market. Yet the smoother, better tasting, in my opinion, are sent to the European market.
  • 0patience0patience Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,767
    rzaman:
    Tony, I asked this question to AJ, Pepin, Nestor Placensia and other major cigar maskers. The answer is US market likes bolder and bigger ring gauge cigars so they make it for the market demand. However, they all enjoy medium or medium to full bodied cigars. Interestingly Europeans also getting into bigger ring gauge but not into bolder cigars. The torpedo shaped are loosing interest lately both in the US and Europe. The most popular size in Europe is still the Robusto. In the US its in Toro, 6 X 60 and box pressed. Europeans do not like box pressed. I talked with Deider of Nicarao last week who is very knowledgable about the European market. He is the one who provided me the information about European market trend. He also told me that Europeans are getting into non-Cuban lately. The popular brands are Vega Fina, Ashton, Davidoff, Arturo Fuente regular line and now AJ and Pepin. Padron is very new there. Europeans are still discovering non-Cuban cigars and the market is growing fast. last year the growth was 18%.
    I guess I'd have to side with the Europeans on that. I'm not too keen on the box press, while I will smoke them and I prefer the robust or coronas. Largely because of time. I don't seem to have the time to sit through a Churchill or something like that.
    It just seems odd that they wouldn't offer the same cigar availability in both markets.
    Now you are talking about marketing. The number one reason is different taste. Europeans are more experienced Cuban cigar smoker and look for the similar characteristic from non- Cuban cigars. Cuban tobaccos are usually soft in palate with intense flavors and aroma with less spice. Also European market is not flooded with so many brands like in the US. European smokers are more selective and less adventurous than the Americans. It is also not easy to dump inferior cigars in Europe. High tax also plays a role. That is my personal opinion no need to start a debate. Just my two cents.
    0patience:
    rzaman:
    I guess I'd have to side with the Europeans on that. I'm not too keen on the box press, while I will smoke them and I prefer the robust or coronas. Largely because of time. I don't seem to have the time to sit through a Churchill or something like that.
    It just seems odd that they wouldn't offer the same cigar availability in both markets.
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,993
    Keep in kind the tax issues based on size as well. Larger cigars are going to be hammered by taxes in the uk.
  • curtpickcurtpick Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,600
    rzaman:
    photo image_zps35b6f09f.jpg photo image_zps5ddc0105.jpg
    STOP IT ! Your making me wanna cry !
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,228
    rzaman:
    photo image_zps35b6f09f.jpg photo image_zps5ddc0105.jpg
    had too pass on these and the year of the horse due too ring gauge! Davidoff is known for smaller and zino is known for larger. IMO davidoff is better then zino besides the crown series