Home Non Cigar Related

Aggravated with USPS

dandin1dandin1 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 175
Was waiting on my ccom order which was supposed to be in yesterday, Tracking shows delivered but I never received it. Of course I know that this is USPS fault and not CCOMs. I haven't ever really had a problem with USPS though. Guess that's why I am so aggravated, time to go through the motions of finding my package, what fun!

Comments

• curtiscr79curtiscr79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 859
    dandin1:
    Was waiting on my ccom order which was supposed to be in yesterday, Tracking shows delivered but I never received it. Of course I know that this is USPS fault and not CCOMs. I haven't ever really had a problem with USPS though. Guess that's why I am so aggravated, time to go through the motions of finding my package, what fun!
    I have had stuff go to the neighbors a couple times.
  • Amos UmwhatAmos Umwhat Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,523
    dandin1:
    Only UPS has ever delivered my package to my neighbors, but, I have had USPS shipments marked delivered that didn't arrive until the next day. I'm not sure if he just found it at the end of the run and marked it delivered, or, loaded up the truck for the next day, therefore "delivered". Irritating as hell, either way.
  • WaltBasilWaltBasil Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,675
    I've had that happen with another known retailer. They still made it right and sent me another one even though it wasn't their fault. About a month later, some dude stops by and says "this was delivered to our house a few weeks ago." LOL. I contacted retailer and told them. They said I could return it, but I offered to pay for it instead.
  • raisindotraisindot Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 936
    I think, but am not 100% positive, that the USPS "delivery confirmation" only confirms that the package was delivered to the local post office that would deliver it to the recipient, not the address itself. Thus a confirm might just mean it will take another day (or week, depending on your location) to get to your doorstep.
    Or, alternatively, it was delivered and stolen. I've had that happen which is why I have all deliveries come to my office.
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,228
    Best thing is if you try too complain too them via email it is very tough
  • webmostwebmost Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,131
    That happened to me. I live at 56. Walked round the block to 36. Then 65. They had it. Could try that.
  • dandin1dandin1 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 175
    I decided to give them until Monday (yesterday) before I emailed or called. Luckily for all it was in the mailbox finally yesterday afternoon. That's the first time I've ever had that happen so maybe in the future it won't be so surprising.
  • 0patience0patience Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,767
    This is paraphrased.

Message to UPS:
    Why hasn't the tracking information updated on my package since March 4th?
    It says on the FAQ that your tracking information is always up to date.

Reply:
    The tracking information is as current as possible.
    If the tracking information has not been updated, the package has not moved through a depot or been scanned in.

Message back to UPS:
    So you're saying that the package hasn't moved since March 4th?
    Why have tracking, if you can't track it?
    And while I'm at it, why does the scheduled delivery date keep changing???

Reply:
    No reply, as of yet.

So it seems it isn't a problem with just one place.
    I'll give credit to USPS and UPS, at least when they do finally deliver it, 3 out of 4 times, they get it to the right address.
    I have yet to get a package from DHL delivered to the right house and Fed Ex is maybe 1 out of 4 times.
  • jd50aejd50ae Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,109
    This package has not moved for 3 days.

Postal Product: Priority Mail 2-Day™

March 9, 2014 , 7:59 pm Processed through USPS Sort Facility

ATLANTA, GA 30369 March 9, 2014

Depart USPS Sort Facility HAZELWOOD, MO 63042

March 9, 2014 , 12:53 am Processed through USPS Sort Facility

HAZELWOOD, MO 63042 March 8, 2014 , 9:54 pm

Processed through USPS Sort Facility HAZELWOOD, MO 63042

March 7, 2014 Electronic Shipping Info Received
    3/18/2014 9:45 AM PACKAGE TRANSFERRED TO LOCAL POST OFFICE. ALLOW FOR 1 TO 2 ADDITIONAL DAYS FOR DELIVERY. TRENTON, TN, US

Trenton is 20 minutes from here and UPS transfers the package to the USPS and ads at least 2 days to the delivery.
  • Thanatos0320Thanatos0320 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 444
    Thanatos0320:
    I feel your pain. 3 weeks ago i ordered 10 padilla 1932. Usps for some reason wouldn't deliver my cigars to my house so they returned them to the main branch. I called the main branch and no one knew where they were. So, about 2 weeks into all of this bs i find out my cigars are being sent back to the shipper. =

Isn't a shame we deal with a company(s) that have a solid reputation for products and service and then it is handed of to the UPS or USPS and it becomes a guessing game. And if you stop to think about we are a very very small percentage of the people who use these paid for "services". (any math genius want to make a formula..?) So, if you project that small percentage into the overall use of these services the number of "mistakes" becomes a very large number and hard to comprehend.
    Now I am having problems with ups....tracked an order shipped out at least 2 days ago (from the devil site) and they show no record of the tracking number.
  • RedRex06RedRex06 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 155
    I'm rather irked with USPS right now. Bought a box of cards depending on the expedited shipping I paid for... ended up not getting it until over a week later, while it shipped the day after I bought it, and I lost out on a 140% profit. Needless to say, not a happy camper.
    RedRex06:
    I'm rather irked with USPS right now. Bought a box of cards depending on the expedited shipping I paid for... ended up not getting it until over a week later, while it shipped the day after I bought it, and I lost out on a 140% profit. Needless to say, not a happy camper.

I wonder if we aren't all making a mistake by not putting in a complaint every time something like this happens.
  • Thanatos0320Thanatos0320 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 444
    wow, they're just screwing everything up with everyone...
  • dandin1dandin1 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 175
    Either the mistakes are getting more frequent or more people are posting about it now, but it surely seems like they have ramped up mistakes at the beginning of 2014. I could understand during the holiday season, but we are a ways off of that by now.
    A 2nd problem with UPS. I bought from the devils site (only stuff not at CCom) and it sat for 3 days with an order confirmation and a tracking number. Checked the tracking # over and over it always came back "no record". So I emailed UPS and the devils site. Low and behold a miracle....it is now moving...and instead of a delivery on the 24th they tell me I will get it the 21st.
  • webmostwebmost Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,131
    dandin1:
    Either the mistakes are getting more frequent or more people are posting about it now, but it surely seems like they have ramped up mistakes at the beginning of 2014. I could understand during the holiday season, but we are a ways off of that by now.
    You're right. Way more frequent since the New year. From virtually never a prob before, it's become too darn frequent since.
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,228
    We'll yesterday I complained that a maw package has been sitting in the sort facility for 4 days and nothing has happened...today it somehow is now in the right state and hopefully will be delivered! USPS is really killing me!