Home Non Cigar Related

My wife's kids....

jd50aejd50ae Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,109
....are the most ungrateful little pxxxxs that ever walked this earth. Both over 30 and neither one has the faintest idea what responsibility means. The world owes them everything and they owe no one a dxxn thing. When I first moved down here, and before I knew better, and I had some money, I bailed both of them out of a miserable life and moved them down here. I fed em and I housed em until they got on their feet and could make it on their own. No thank you and no attempt or thought to pay back anything.

The straw that broke this camels back.
My car has a dead battery...no problem...I have an all purpose and very expensive combination battery charger. Gone. It has been in one of their trucks for over 2 weeks and is completely dead. It takes all day to charge up so I am dead in the water.

Forced to buy a battery which will wipe out my cigar budget for the month and I am so pissxd I am thinking of ways to cause the both of them problems.

One is as we speak sitting on the sofa using my band width and electricity to play PC games and he will be here for dinner, he has been doing this for over three weeks.

I hope the neither one of them rubs off on the grand kids. Disgusting little narcissistic worthless peacocks that will never amount to anything and have received all the help they are ever going to get from me.

Now I am going to call my internet provider and find out about a secure service. Sorry for the rant but if I didn't let off some steam the police would all ready be here.

Comments

• curtiscr79curtiscr79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 859
    When you call them tell them you want to limit the access to the router to only certain computers. They should be able to show you how to look up the MAC address and where to put it in the router settings. That way even if someone gives them the password it still won't let them connect. HAHAHA
  • jd50aejd50ae Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,109
    curtiscr79:
    When you call them tell them you want to limit the access to the router to only certain computers. They should be able to show you how to look up the MAC address and where to put it in the router settings. That way even if someone gives them the password it still won't let them connect. HAHAHA

Thanks...good information.
  • StubbleStubble Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,305
    A different breed for sure....hang in there!!!!
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,228
    Well I can't blame the ages since I'm around that age lol but I can say my faith in humanity is well very weak at this point! Nobody really knows hard work dedication and loyalty anymore
  • Amos UmwhatAmos Umwhat Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,523
    "If you take in a starving dog, feed it and treat it with kindness, it will not bite you. This is the principle difference between a dog and a human being" Mark Twain.

I may have a word or two out of place, but the sentiment is true, as I've found out repeatedly, to my great dismay.
  • flowbeeflowbee Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,100
    Jd,
    Let it rip bro, we are hear for you!!
  • Tyland64Tyland64 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 714
    JD I hear you man.Get this s--t off your chest. My buddy called me last week to thank me for raising my boys the right way. I thought that was a strange call. I am in Central New York , one boy is in Michigan and one is in Arizona. My friend is in Michigan. I called him back and asked what's up ? He told me his step son called and said that Lukes boy Tyler came by with some stuff from his Dad, and would I give it to you. I use to work with Jim and he had been called out to the rail yard at 0230 hrs that morning to fuel engines. He was looking at a 16hr day. When he got home the driveway was shoveled as was the side walk. He went in and thanked his 28 yr old step son for shoveling. His reply was I didn't f**king do it. It was Lukes kid. He loves his wife, but her son and daughter are testing his patience. He has raised his own kid and they are fine quality young adults. He has, as you have bailed her kids them out of one jam after another. I think if it was not winter the dead weight step son would be gone. Just know you are not alone in this. I wonder who is going to work and run the country with generations of people like these kids.
  • RainRain Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 8,761
    I want to play Devil's Advocate.Were there no bums back in the day? Everyone was productive? Probably hard for a generation known for being high on weed and LSD. People in the Army say "Back in the 90s the Army had standards! All the new soldiers are undisciplined and are just here for the money." I'm pretty sure in the 90s people could do an entire career and retire without ever having gone to war. Some people that joined then saw an easy job that would pay for them to go to school and then allow them to retire. These days, you could have been in five years with three year long deployments, fighting in a country that ultimately doesn't give two sh**s about you....they just want to take take take from the US. Then you can get out of the Army, try and claim your VA benefits and get the run around for a year or two. Then when you get said benefits, they are one of the first targets for people looking to cut the budget. So, in review...those kids you're talking about remind me of Iraq and Afghanistan ;) Thanks for letting me rant in your rant.PS - All the Congressmen today are from my Dad's generation....thanks Dad!!!!
  • Tyland64Tyland64 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 714
    Randy you make some very good points. I agree with you on several issues. I was in the Army when guys like me with college and going into a high tech job were looked at like we were not real soldiers. I had E-7'S that I worked for that had not completed High School , but were in charge of a platoon or larger.So yes every generation has its bums,taker and lazy a**es. Military or civilian it does not matter. Some where along the line the Army should have had all soldiers complete high school or get a GED before being promoted above E-5. I would think that it has all changed by now, but not sure. The VA thing, don't get me started. I have had my battles with them and it is insane. I know the frustration about being in a country that does not want you, but wants all the U.S. aid/money. Very good counter point, you should run for office someday. Thanks
  • twistedstemtwistedstem Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,691
    Sounds like you had a pretty bad day brother,hope things get better.and you go ahead and vent as much as you want buddy.that's what were here for!!send in good thoughts your way!!
    Rain:
    I want to play Devil's Advocate.Were there no bums back in the day? Everyone was productive? Probably hard for a generation known for being high on weed and LSD. People in the Army say "Back in the 90s the Army had standards! All the new soldiers are undisciplined and are just here for the money." I'm pretty sure in the 90s people could do an entire career and retire without ever having gone to war. Some people that joined then saw an easy job that would pay for them to go to school and then allow them to retire. These days, you could have been in five years with three year long deployments, fighting in a country that ultimately doesn't give two sh**s about you....they just want to take take take from the US. Then you can get out of the Army, try and claim your VA benefits and get the run around for a year or two. Then when you get said benefits, they are one of the first targets for people looking to cut the budget. So, in review...those kids you're talking about remind me of Iraq and Afghanistan ;) Thanks for letting me rant in your rant.PS - All the Congressmen today are from my Dad's generation....thanks Dad!!!!
    You bring up some interesting questions. I went to HS in the late '60s-'70s, went to college in the '90s, spent the '80s in the Army, so I've had an up-close view of many of the changes.

The problem isn't "today's youth", the problem(s) are mostly todays parents, along with some changes in social mores and values. For the most part, those stoners in the '60s and '70's had to do it on their own dime, meaning, no work = no high. They moved out of their parents house. They, we, couldn't wait to move out, even if it meant sharing rent, rotating who got to use the one bedroom, sitting on furniture you found at the dump, building your bookcases out of milk crates and old boards, etc. I knew about 3 people in HS that had cars, one of which was a new car paid for by his parents. He was still driving that same car, and living with his parents when I returned for college.

By the '90s, every kid graduating HS expected a brand new car, and when they got married they expected to live in a 4 bedroom house just like the one their parents raised them in. They were baffled by the fact that they could leave their house all day, and it was still dirty when they got home. One of my professors in college summed it up thusly:
    "I was teaching here in the '70s, my students came to class smelling like a campfire, with eyes the size of saucers, wearing T-shirts they'd painted themselves, ragged jeans, and sandals made from old tires. They'd protest anything they thought unfair, and questioned all authority. Todays student is well groomed, well behaved, well mannered and does whatever the curriculum calls for without question. I liked the '70s student better, though, because they understood the material, and if they didn't they asked questions about the material, and could discuss it intelligently. Todays student only asks one question, 'will that be on the test?'. And when I see todays student next year, next to nothing of the material will be remembered." None question authority.

So, before I stray too far afield, the problem is the parents. In the '60s that 27 year old who wouldn't shovel the walk would have found himself standing at the end of the walk with a bag in his hand and a fresh footprint on his butt. When I joined the workforce in the '70s, I knew that the guys who'd been there for decades longer than myself were going to a) be in charge, and b) make more money. Now, todays child of privilege, expects (and often receives) the same pay, and really expects to be placed in charge within a few weeks of employment. You may argue this isn't so, but I see it a lot.

You bring up the unfair treatment of todays soldiers. First, let me say, I agree wholeheartedly. My son is still arguing with the VA that his latest surgery, for injuries sustained in Afghanistan, should be paid for by the VA, not out of his pocket like they want. But, think about it for a minute, the soldiers of my youth, I registered for the draft while Vietnam was still going on, protested the fact that they were being killed for no good reason other than to satisfy some Politicians ego, or ensure a profit for some large corporation. Where's the protest today? There is none. Not anything meaningful.

Rain, please don't take this as me arguing with you, your post was right on the money. Just discussing it from my experience. I say this because things can sometimes look different to the reader than the writer, implied tones etc. Also, these broad generalities do not necessarily apply across the board. There are great and worthwhile human beings, and lazy worthless sh**ts in every generation.
    Lot of good information there Amos, thanks for your points.
  • Bob LukenBob Luken Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,664
    The vast majority of young people were not hippies back in the days of the hippies. They just got the most attention on the evening news. And very few boys wore leather jackets in the 50s. I guess I mean to say that every generation will be burdened with false images. Are there more bums today than in previous generations? I hope not.
  • jgibvjgibv Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,996
    Rain:
    Lot of good information there Amos, thanks for your points.
    +1, couldn't agree more Amos. Very well said.

Amos Umwhat:
    Now, todays child of privilege, expects (and often receives) the same pay, and really expects to be placed in charge within a few weeks of employment. You may argue this isn't so, but I see it a lot.
    You hit the nail on the head with this one .... my wife is a recruiter and does a lot of work with highly-skilled engineers and also "highly-educated" translators that have more degrees than I have cigars in my humi.
    She tells me that the majority of her potential recruits have unlimited book smarts but zero common sense. And no knowledge of how the "real world" works

These "kids" have astronomical demands, she says they think they're the kings and queens of the universe and they act like she should be honored they're considering being hired by her company....
    Remember when it was the other way around.....and people were thankful that a company wanted to hire them....not this "holier-than-thou" attitude and the company should be thankful you graced them with your presence.....

But the kicker is that most of these "kids" are foreign-nationals here on student visas, and they need to get a job or else they have to return to their home country....
    Fresh out of graduate school, with no "real world" work experience, and these kids are demanding double what the starting salary is, they want full benefits, sponsored visas, etc.
    It amazes me the stories my wife tells me, mostly of these kids are mid-20s and think they should be making the same amount of $$ and same benefits for an entry-level position....as the 45-year old manager/VP who's been at the company 10-15 years.

It's almost unbelievable.....
    Bob Luken:
    The vast majority of young people were not hippies back in the days of the hippies. They just got the most attention on the evening news. And very few boys wore leather jackets in the 50s. I guess I mean to say that every generation will be burdened with false images. Are there more bums today than in previous generations? I hope not.

I think that there are a lot more. And I'll tell you why. They have too much. They are given too much. They don't work for anything. They expect everything to be given to them. Parents don't parent, they expect the schools to do it for them. Schools don't teach, they indoctrinate. You can't punish a kid without being afraid of being on the evening news. Kids are no longer taught about duty, loyalty or personal responsibility. School books are being dummy-ed down. Colleges are a joke. History books are being re-written for the sake of an agenda. Our President will veto a law to enforce laws. Kids are lethargic and lazy if not on drugs or booze.

And your right the majority of us were not hippies, we actually enlisted. And when we got out we were happy to have a job. I did however wear a leather jacket in the 60s, late bloomer.

And the little putz sitting on my sofa wasn't laid off he was fired because he is a narcissistic self serving jerk who thinks he has a right to a high paying job and they finally saw through him. I worked since I was 15 and more then once had 2, even 3 jobs, and I worked hard. Today they want the money but wouldn't know how to put in a decent days work if their life depended on it.

I am glad that this area, still believes in a real education and a real days work.

OK that is enough for you to get your teeth into it. :) The secretary will disavow any knowledge of the above. :)
  • jgibvjgibv Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,996
    jd50ae:
    They have too much. They are given too much. They don't work for anything. They expect everything to be given to them. Parents don't parent, they expect the schools to do it for them.
    JD, just check out these stories, they'll make you want to pull your hair out....

This one happened in our district, last year:
    A mother sued the school district and local PD after her two children "were handcuffed and placed in holding cells by Westerville police because they became increasingly belligerent in the office of their school principal."
    Thank god the case was thrown out, but the PD did settle out of court with her....are you kidding me!??!!!!! The kid's run a muck and the parent sues the school for disciplining them. No hope for this mother or the children, since there is obviously zero discipline and no good habits/responsibilities being taught at home.
    http://www.nbc4i.com/story/23417498/lawsuit-over-handcuffed-kids-in-westervlle-dismissed

And this more recent one has been getting national attention:
    An 18 year old NJ HS student sued her parents "saying the parents forced her out of their home and that she was unable to support herself financially.
    The lawsuit asked that her parents pay the remaining tuition for her last semester at her private high school, pay her current living and transportation expenses, commit to paying her college tuition and reimburse her friend's parents for legal fees."
    http://www.cnn.com/2014/03/12/us/student-sues-parents-new-jersey/

Are you fvcking kidding me!??!!!!!!! Kid like this needs to be kicked out and let her learn the hard way how the real word works and how easy she's got it. I'm baffled.
    And as far as the way we treat our soldiers.....it is disgusting.

The one group of people that should get all of our respect are being treated like 2nd class citizens by the same people that in "the hippy days" "loathed the military". Today they give lip service about how proud they are about the military while trying to pass laws and cut backs that screw the military. Criminals, I.E. illegal immigrants get treated better, and there is a push to treat them even better. How did this happen..? I got spit on when I came home but it is far worse today.....there is a collective spit by our elected politicians. I didn't vote for them...who did..?

Again, in this area, People in Uniform are treated with respect.
    A judge last week denied the teenager's request for high school tuition and current living expenses from her parents. A date had been set for April on the other issues in the lawsuit. Canning, an honor student and cheerleader at Morris Catholic High School in Denville, said in court documents that she had to leave her parents' home because of emotional and psychological mistreatment. She alleged, among other things, that her mother called her "fat" and "porky" and that her father threatened to beat her. Canning was suspended from school for truancy in October, according to court documents filed by her parents' former attorney, Laurie Rush-Masuret. Her parents told the teen that she could no longer see her boyfriend, who was also suspended from school. Car and phone privileges were also taken away. Once she learned of the punishment, Canning cut school again and then decided to run away, her father said in court documents. After receiving allegations that Rachel was being abused, New Jersey's Division of Child Protection and Permanency interviewed the teen, her parents and her two younger sisters, but they ultimately "determined that allegation of emotional abuse was unfounded," a letter from DCPP states.
  • VulchorVulchor Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,176
    Not to one up or compare, but my stepson is 20. I love him, he is kind hearted and a good person. This said....he pent his fathers 80k life insurance policy (rip to hi father) within a year of getting it, bought and sold 18 different cars and only has a 86 ford mustag 4cyln to show for it, cant pay the 50 per month for his cell phone on time, works 30 hrs per week at Autozone, went to college in Ohio for one semester and moved back, asked him to rake leaves 3 weeks ago---nothing, asked him to do dishes 3 days ago---nothing, new dogs we have piss and *** in the house---no initiative to train while wife and I work, he pays no rent, often has to borrow gas and other money which is mother gives him, gets offended when anyone brings these things up, doesn't think eh should have to do any work around the house is he wasn't the one who made the mess--------f*ck, Im gonna have a stroke Thanks for this go#damn thread, lol.
  • VulchorVulchor Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,176
    Rain:
    A judge last week denied the teenager's request for high school tuition and current living expenses from her parents. A date had been set for April on the other issues in the lawsuit. Canning, an honor student and cheerleader at Morris Catholic High School in Denville, said in court documents that she had to leave her parents' home because of emotional and psychological mistreatment. She alleged, among other things, that her mother called her "fat" and "porky" and that her father threatened to beat her. Canning was suspended from school for truancy in October, according to court documents filed by her parents' former attorney, Laurie Rush-Masuret. Her parents told the teen that she could no longer see her boyfriend, who was also suspended from school. Car and phone privileges were also taken away. Once she learned of the punishment, Canning cut school again and then decided to run away, her father said in court documents. After receiving allegations that Rachel was being abused, New Jersey's Division of Child Protection and Permanency interviewed the teen, her parents and her two younger sisters, but they ultimately "determined that allegation of emotional abuse was unfounded," a letter from DCPP states.
    I'd beat the f*ckin sow's @ss and kick her bf in the d!ck. Then send her to public school where the black guys can hit on her and leave her empty inside.
    And don't forget you can get away with drunk driving and killing 4 teens because you are rich.
    Whew! Lot of pent-up steam being let off here!

Parents, wake up!!

Sometimes they do. My sister came to me one day and said "You were right."
    "Of course. About what?"
    "Well, when I told you to ease up on my son, and that he'd had it rough, you pointed out that not only had he had it sooo much easier than we did, but that over and over again he'd been given the world on a silver platter, and all he ever did was sh*t on the platter and hand it back."

The good news, he's actually been employed for about 3 months now, is making child support payments, and last week he was sick (a little) and still went to work. I'm hopeful, but not yet convinced. If he's still doing this 6 months from now, I'll start to believe.

I think I'll go have another look at the bum of the week, a welcome change from the bums we're discussing here;)
  • jlmartajlmarta Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,440
    A good ol' Okie buddy of mine (RIP, Leroy) told me one time that they had a way of dealing with this kind of crap in his family. When a kid turned 18, they just broke his dinner plate.....

Sorta sums it all up, don't it??
    jlmarta:
    A good ol' Okie buddy of mine (RIP, Leroy) told me one time that they had a way of dealing with this kind of crap in his family. When a kid turned 18, they just broke his dinner plate.....

Sorta sums it all up, don't it??

I like that....my family broke mine while I was overseas.
    My grand kids on the other hand, raised here, are a different story. They are both "A" students and read everything they can get their hands on. I once told them (before we had guardianship) that reading is the one basic fundamental that could open all doors to other pursuits (I used kid talk) and they would always be glad they did. Active and energetic, well, except for PC games, and they need permission and always ask if they can turn on the games. There are always rules.

With all the problems they have had to overcome, parents arrested and sent to jail and a lot more, you would think that they would be a real challenge. Polite and happy (well, 95% of the time). They set their own goals and challenges, which amazes me.

They are very social and well spoken with none of the "showing off" that seems to plague so many kids. If they were my own kids I could not be prouder of them, and unless something really drastic happens I know they will succeed at what ever they choose to undertake. We don't whip them or lock them in closets, we pay attention and we listen to them. So I know it can be done. The boy actually asked what yard work needed to be done....and could he do it.
  • EchambersEchambers Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,335
    jd50ae:
    ....are the most ungrateful little pxxxxs that ever walked this earth. Both over 30 and neither one has the faintest idea what responsibility means. The world owes them everything and they owe no one a dxxn thing. When I first moved down here, and before I knew better, and I had some money, I bailed both of them out of a miserable life and moved them down here. I fed em and I housed em until they got on their feet and could make it on their own. No thank you and no attempt or thought to pay back anything.

The straw that broke this camels back.
    My car has a dead battery...no problem...I have an all purpose and very expensive combination battery charger. Gone. It has been in one of their trucks for over 2 weeks and is completely dead. It takes all day to charge up so I am dead in the water.

Forced to buy a battery which will wipe out my cigar budget for the month and I am so pissxd I am thinking of ways to cause the both of them problems.

One is as we speak sitting on the sofa using my band width and electricity to play PC games and he will be here for dinner, he has been doing this for over three weeks.

I hope the neither one of them rubs off on the grand kids. Disgusting little narcissistic worthless peacocks that will never amount to anything and have received all the help they are ever going to get from me.

Now I am going to call my internet provider and find out about a secure service. Sorry for the rant but if I didn't let off some steam the police would all ready be here.
    I wish you would just say what you really mean. :-). Seriously, though, I feel for you brother. Time for a little tough love I think.
  • SasquatchSasquatch Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 228
    A little tough love is definately in order here. The sister-in-law sent her son to us for a summer to straighten him out. He walked off the plane with a green mohawk and more jewelry than all my girls combined. The first thing we did was give him a haircut & a buddy of mine had a job for him in the plywood mill. He was too tired to whine much, but his mother caved in and let him come home after only 2 weeks. She is still treating him like a child to this day, and he still lives in her house to this day. Sad!