Home Non Cigar Related

I know CCom didn't do this....

jd50aejd50ae Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,109
....and I know the PO did. You will take notice there were 4 days without movement while at the Hazelwood, Mo Sort Facility. Then a strange thing happened. Less then an hour after they received my trace and tracking inquiry it was miraculously processed through USPS Sort Facility in Atlanta, Ga..

This morning it was delivered, another miracle. Why am I not impressed....Priority 2 day order dispatched by CCom on 3/7 and I get it 3/14.

Comments

• MorganGeoMorganGeo Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,606
    Can u claim the insurance. That sucks bro. Sorry
  • jgibvjgibv Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,996
    SUCKS!
    Looks like those went through a wood chipper on the way to you!

Was this an order placed with ccom or another vendor?

If so, let the vendor know --- if they're reputable they will most likely send you replacement sticks ASAP. Maybe have you send the damaged sticks back ... and the vendor will handle the claim with USPS.

• Bob LukenBob Luken Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,664
    Seems like the USPS has been crazy lately. We've all seemed to notice an increase in packages taking stupid detours cross country for no good reason. And I think there's an increase in damaged cigars as well. Does everybody else think it's been getting worse lately at the USPS or is it just me?
  • Bob LukenBob Luken Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,664
    Was that a damaged five pack? Was it shipped inside a cardboard box along with a full box of cigars? If that's the case then that's a bad combination IMO. If the USPS and UPS slams these shipments around like I know that they do,......then it isn't hard to see how the full box of cigars will burst the little plastic air-pillows and severly beat up the vulnerable five packs and loose cigars.
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,739
    How is that even possible? Cigar s ripped in half is unheard of.
  • jgibvjgibv Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,996
    danielzreyes:
  • jd50aejd50ae Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,109
    danielzreyes:

On top of that they were in the wood box they are sitting on. Then they were put into a cardboard box with the big bubble wrap. When I opened the package the wood box was open and the little cigars were out of the wood box. The card board box had such minimal damage it does not come close to explaining the cigar damage and the card board box looked like it had been opened.

This is in no way shape or form the fault of CCom and I am not going to complain to them. They give to good a service and it is the PO fault.
  • allsmokedupallsmokedup Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 738
    Usually the shipper is the one to file a claim, so let one of the reps at ccom know...
  • 0patience0patience Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,767
    jd50ae:
    danielzreyes:

On top of that they were in the wood box they are sitting on. Then they were put into a cardboard box with the big bubble wrap. When I opened the package the wood box was open and the little cigars were out of the wood box. The card board box had such minimal damage it does not come close to explaining the cigar damage and the card board box looked like it had been opened.

This is in no way shape or form the fault of CCom and I am not going to complain to them. They give to good a service and it is the PO fault.
    You need to call ccom. Even though it is evident it isn't their fault, I'm pretty sure THEY will need to do the claim. And they really need to know how their shipments are being treated. Call them.
  • bert873bert873 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 854
    I luckily haven't had any damages to my shipments but lately all my orders start with ups and then on the expected delivery day ups gives it to usps and I have to wait another day. Is this common?
  • webmostwebmost Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,131
    Neat! You get two smokes for every one!

• Amos UmwhatAmos Umwhat Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,523
    bert873:
    I luckily haven't had any damages to my shipments but lately all my orders start with ups and then on the expected delivery day ups gives it to usps and I have to wait another day. Is this common?
    Happens every single time my cigars are shipped UPS. Takes about 2 - 3 days longer to get "delivered", to the Post Office.

Also, I had a box a couple months back with a hand-sized hole in it. The cigars were OK, but I believe someone tore a hole in the box, stuck their hand in, probably pulled out the cigars, then put them back. Who would do such a thing? Theives, DEA, Homeland Security, and other people of low moral character is all I can guess.
  • wwhwangwwhwang Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,863
    This happened to me twice when I was still living in the US. Both times, it was UPS delivering it. Boxes came to me looking like someone used it as a trampoline or a soccer ball with damaged cigars in them. Both times, CCom made it right even when it was UPS' fault.
  • bearbbearb Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,044
    What kind of sticks were they anyway? A 5 pack of unbanded cigars in a box? Seems like a pretty bizarre delivery for sure. Interested to hear these details. Seems like some people seem to have more troubles than others with their orders.
    bearb:
    What kind of sticks were they anyway? A 5 pack of unbanded cigars in a box? Seems like a pretty bizarre delivery for sure. Interested to hear these details. Seems like some people seem to have more troubles than others with their orders.

La Perla Habana Black & tan, a box of 50. Got them as in between smokes to keep my self from depleting the big boys. I love cigars and I smoke cigars all day long, about 5 or 6 and the little ones help to keep me in check. Know what I mean..? (hate that phrase)
    Got a call from my new best friend at CCom. Seems that he noticed this thread and asked me what happened. Made it clear that I do not hold CCom responsible in any way but he wanted to make it up somehow. Now that is service!!!!! Unasked for, no complaint from me and he just offered.

Then we got into some of the goings on at CCom and my mind just boggled. Unreal numbers about packages that they send out and handle. And they ain't alone...at least 2 other "entity's" also use their facilities.

Then we got into a discussion about me growing tobacco and becoming a partner (:) at CCom but I am so busy I had to turn it down.

Anyway, no one and I mean no one will ever tell me about bad service at CCom because there is no such thing. They bend over backwards to fix a problem even when they are not the least bit responsible.

Thank You CCom.
  • roland_7707roland_7707 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,647