Home Non Cigar Related

Best Concert you've been to?

2»

Comments

• jsnakejsnake Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,037
    Red on their Feed the Machine tour. Just amazing.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    wwhwang:
    kuzi16:
    Aand as much as i hate to admit it... KISS.
    I don't get it. What's wrong with KISS?
    their music is very basic. its sooooo simple and uninteresting in the studio. they are all flash and zero substance.

however, they put on one hell of a show. the music is good enough
    i do hope to see them again.
  • PAtoNHPAtoNH Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 430
    "Cold Gin" has always been my favorite Kiss song. When it comes to the big costumed/cartoon-cool bands of the 70s, my tastes run towards Ziggy Stardust & Mott the Hoople.
  • pelirrojopelirrojo Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,520
    I've had the pleasure of seeing Tool twice and that show takes the cake for sure. I got to see Modest Mouse in a whole in the wall underage place in Fayetteville, AR back in the early 00's. Also got to see Merle Haggard in Little Rock about 5 or 6 years ago.
  • y2pascoey2pascoe Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,707
    Always been a toss-up between U2, Billy Joel, and Jimmy Page & Robert plant for me. Each show was entirely different from one another in every way, but I cannot choose a favorite.
  • roland_7707roland_7707 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,647
    jsnake:
    Red on their Feed the Machine tour. Just amazing.
    I like Red.
  • MarkerMarker Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,524
    Metallica. 1992. Was an excellent show.
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,439
    kuzi16:
    Alice Cooper.

and as much as i hate to admit it... KISS.

Tool was pretty fantastic as well.

and though i am not a huge fan Rush put on a good show too. hard to imagine that much noise is only from three people.

even though they are decidedly more "prog-rock" than i usually go for YES was a good show also.
    I bet Alice is a great show... Rush is great live, you are right, they sure do make a full sound. bass and synth at the same time is pretty sick. YES would be great... steve howe is the man
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,439
    I saw Steve Vai in Alexandria a few years ago. It was a smaller venue and I was about 5 ft away from a guitar god. Very cool!
  • Thanatos0320Thanatos0320 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 444
    YankeeMan:
    Many moons ago when I first started my police career, I worked in Albany, NY and the city owned the Palace Theater. The police used to provide security on an off duty basis.

The Palace with a former vaudville house with 3,000 seats. It was small for a rock venue, but it had perfect acoustics and many of the top bands liked playing there. For some of the top name groups that used to play to 50,000 or so, they would play the Palace on the way up or the way down.

For several years, I got to work the stage door, so I got to meet most of the groups and their entourages. Over the years I got to see, in no particular order, Billy Joel, Cheap Trick, BeeGees, Linda Rondstat when she was with the Stone Ponies, KISS, REO Speedwagon, Sha Na Na, Bachman Turner Overdrive, Elvis Costello, Bruce Springsteen, and too many others to mention. One of the best "concerts" was five shows done by Blue Oyster Cult. Because the Palace was so small, they played five nights in a row and sold out all five shows. They were absolutely fantastic!

I also got to see a lot of great stage shows like, Jesus Christ Superstar, Godspell, Beatlemania, Hair and many others.

Of course, now my hearing is shot, it got a tad loud as the stage door was about 30 feet from the side of the stage.

Wow! I'm jealous! That would have been really fun to do
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    In 1993-1994 I worked summers for an outdoor music theater.. What a great job. I worked stage security so I got to stand in front of the stage for probably a hundred concerts.. The best shows that come to mind that I ever saw were. Eric Clapton, The Grateful Dead, The Eagles, Bob Seager, Steely Dan, Fleetwood Mac, B.B. King, The Who, and Jimmy Buffett because the crowd was fantastic.. the house was 5000 over capacity, it was the hottest days of that summer, but the best time ever. I wish I wasn't working because I wanted to be drinking Coronas and a bigger part of that event.
  • EchambersEchambers Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,335
    AC/DC For those about to rock tour. About 1982?
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,371
    kaspera79:
    In 1993-1994 I worked summers for an outdoor music theater.. What a great job. I worked stage security so I got to stand in front of the stage for probably a hundred concerts.. The best shows that come to mind that I ever saw were. Eric Clapton, The Grateful Dead, The Eagles, Bob Seager, Steely Dan, Fleetwood Mac, B.B. King, The Who, and Jimmy Buffett because the crowd was fantastic.. the house was 5000 over capacity, it was the hottest days of that summer, but the best time ever. I wish I wasn't working because I wanted to be drinking Coronas and a bigger part of that event.
    Alpine Valley? That place is awesome
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    CharlieHeis:
    kaspera79:
    Alpine Valley? That place is awesome
    Alpine Valley, World Music Theater, and Poplar Creek were all the same owners.. I worked all three but Poplar Creek was my "home" base.
  • denniskingdennisking Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,681
    Rage Against the Machine in 1995 was awesome.
    Family Values Tour 2 with Primus, Method Man and Redman, Staind, and Limp Bizkit was pretty good. Primus was amazing. I saw MGMT last year. That was kinda cool. Going to see Chromeo on the 14th and I'm really looking forward to that.
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,739
    dennisking:
    Family Values Tour 2 with Primus, Method Man and Redman, Staind, and Limp Bizkit was pretty good. Primus was amazing. I saw MGMT last year. That was kinda cool. Going to see Chromeo on the 14th and I'm really looking forward to that.
    Dennis, Primus sucks!
  • blutattooblutattoo Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,100
    dennisking:
    Whoa, Chromeo I saw them at Outside Lands in Golden Gate Park 2 or 3 years ago and they were surprisingly good. Younger crowd with tons of energy.